Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

Tuesday 26th April

Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Wort 2, Matt Roberts, Darren Friend) 4-0 St Just

Att - 20

Hayle Reserves (Matt Thomas) 1-5 Pendeen Rovers (Wade Brown 2, Jack Ramsay 2, Luke May)

Att - 25

Mullion 0-6 Helston Athletic (Liam Eddy 2, Mark Goldsworthy 2, Dan Stidwell, Terry Rowe)

Att - 40

Newquay Reserves (Dom Roberts) 1-1 Porthleven Reserves (Kyle Frazer)

Att - 29

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Paul Brantwood 3, Kirk Davis 2, Sam Harry 2, Dave Broglino 2, Jason Roberts, Laurie Magowan, Lee Jeffries, OG) 13-2 Ludgvan (Danny Ford, Tim Triggs)

Att - 45

Penzance Reserves 0-4 Illogan RBL (Duane Britton, Johnny Jones, Ian Cullingham, Steve Proctor)

Att - 41

RNAS Culdrose 0-0 Perranwell

Att - 16

St Ives Town 0-2 St Agnes (Thaddeus Vingoe 2)

Att - 35

Troon (Richard Scott 2, Jamie Marles 2, Danny Claypit) 5-3 St Day (Richard whitlock, Steve Allen, Josh Davis)

Att - 24

All that huff and puff today an no teams moved up or down

TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

HELSTON ATHLETIC 32 28 2 2 115 31 84 86

ST JUST 33 22 7 4 96 48 48 73

ILLOGAN RBL 31 22 6 3 99 20 79 72

PERRANWELL 28 20 5 3 103 28 75 68"

ST AGNES 32 20 4 8 103 45 58 64

PENDEEN ROVERS 30 19 4 7 97 42 55 61

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 33 18 6 9 101 53 48 60

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 29 19 2 8 85 37 48 59

WENDRON UNITED 32 15 3 14 79 78 1 48

TROON 34 13 5 16 68 78 -10 44

RNAS CULDROSE 29 12 5 12 70 68 2 41

ST DAY 32 11 5 16 67 79 -12 38

MULLION 31 10 6 15 74 85 -11 36

ST IVES TOWN 33 12 0 21 58 77 -19 36

NEWQUAY RESERVES 32 8 5 19 49 74 -25 29

HAYLE RESERVES 29 7 5 17 38 80 -42 25*

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 32 7 7 18 52 98 -46 25°

PENZANCE RESERVES 35 7 3 25 36 105 -69 24

HOLMAN SC 34 5 2 26 46 112 -66 17

LUDGVAN 33 0 2 31 17 217 -200 2

Mullion 0 - 6 Helston

One of the worst performances of the season by us, off the pace, second to pretty much everything. Helston fully deserved the 3 points points. Move on to Saturday now!!

Not sure on who got the goals, they were shared between Mark Goldsworthy, Liam Eddy and Dan Stidwell. credit where credits due, Liam Eddy did score and fantastic chip.

Fal town 4 St just 0.

Goals scorers were- Matt Roberts,Darren friend and Luke wort had 2.

Falmouth were value for there win,St just turned up 10mins before kick off.long way to travel for a mid week game. How come it wasn't played under flood lights??

Att about 20

They don't like playing under lights.

St Just have agreed to play at Penlee Park on Friday 13th instead of 14th but will only kick off at 6:30pm and not 7:30pm as we usually do.

Mullion 0-6 Helston

scorers: Liam Eddy 2, Mark Goldsworthy 2, Dan stidwell and Terry Rowe with one apiece.

Good attacking display from Helston. Mullion didn't seem at the races this evening. I must admit Liams 2nd was worthy of being shown on match of the day!!

Best of luck to Mullion for the rest of the season, good bunch of lads! blues keep marching on :thumbsup:

Fal town 4 St just 0.

Falmouth were value for there win,St just turned up 10mins before kick off.long way to travel for a mid week game. How come it wasn't played under flood lights??

Att about 20

St Just have agreed to play at Penlee Park on Friday 13th instead of 14th but will only kick off at 6:30pm and not 7:30pm as we usually do.

They should still play underlights wether they like it or not surely? Like i said St just to Falmouth is hell of a trek and if they played under lights it would give the traveling team more time to prepare rather than get changed and kick off straight away!!

Fal town 4 St just 0.

Att about 20

They should still play underlights wether they like it or not surely? Like i said St just to Falmouth is hell of a trek and if they played under lights it would give the traveling team more time to prepare rather than get changed and kick off straight away!!

I assume that the home team dictates the kick off time?

Fal town 4 St just 0.

Att about 20

We (Perranwell) had to travel to St Just a couple of weeks ago for an evening game!!!The longest journey of the season!!!!

Fal town 4 St just 0.

Att about 20

We (Perranwell) had to travel to St Just a couple of weeks ago for an evening game!!!The longest journey of the season!!!!

I bet they never offered you the chance to play under floodlights down there.

Fal town 4 St just 0.

Att about 20

I bet they never offered you the chance to play under floodlights down there.

No St Just dictated the time. Penzance agreed it.

Mullio 0 - 6 Helston Athletic

Scorers:

L Eddy (2)

M Goldsworthy (2)

D Stidwell

T Rowe

Att: 40

Helston (4-4-2): Martyn Webster; Terry Rowe, Micheal Hallibone, Frederick Conway, Aaron Collick; Dan Stidwell, Joe Perrin (Phil Black), Shaun Parker (Graham Blake), Nigel Thwaites (Eddie Dunn); Liam Eddy, Mark Goldsworthy. Subs Not Used: Mark Wood, Sid Taylor

RNAS Culdrose 0-0 Perranwell

A very entertaining nil nil. Perranwell were slow to start in an opening half hour in which Culdrose missed 4 or 5 decent chances. Inevitably Perranwell came back towards the end of the half and hosky had to produce a couple of class one handed saves in the closing stages. Not many chances for either side in the second half until the closing quarter of an hour when we started to look a little leggy, Perranwell dominated the closing few minutes and should have clinched a late winner that over ninety minutes would have been slightly unjust. We played some fantastic passing football but didn't capitalise and almost paid the price. A pleasure to entertain the Perranwell entourage as always. Referee Luke Wilkes had a very good performance.

Helston's hands firmly on the League trophy now...

Keep it up fellas less than 2 weeks til i can lace my boots up again!

Looking forward for a few :drink: sooooon!

Hurry home matey - they cant keep dragging it out until you get home from your holidays - the boys are now running out of games....

P.S Sid has got your holiday pay!!

Fal town 4 St just 0.

Att about 20

Call that a long way.

In 196-67 St Just played mid-week at St Breward. A 63 mile journey one way. Not far? Remember in those days, no Penzance by-pass, you had to drive through Long Rock, Hayle, Camborne, Redruth, Mitchell, Bodmin all on A-roads/town streets.

They would play the game and then have to travel back.

You have it easy nowadays!

Hurry home matey - they cant keep dragging it out until you get home from your holidays - the boys are now running out of games....

I know mate - but Perranwell keep dropping points left, right and centre!!

My holiday pay must be pushing £500 now?!

I gotta feeling that they will secure the league before i get home but hopefully i'll be back for the presentation!

i Got my cusion for the bench!

Troon 5 ST Day 3

only really came on here to comment on the no show other than Fraggles, and Pisser from the ST Day team in the clubhouse after the game, it was an enjoyable game so no sours grapes from either side, not sure why they didnt come in, food was layed on in the form of pasties and scones! all to waste, lack of repsect from ST Day, after we went into thier clubhouse at the beginning of the season,and at this level of football you'd atleast expect the lads to show their faces in the bar, SHAME ON ST DAY AFC.... :SM_carton:

Troon 5 ST Day 3

only really came on here to comment on the no show other than Fraggles, and Pisser from the ST Day team in the clubhouse after the game, it was an enjoyable game so no sours grapes from either side, not sure why they didnt come in, food was layed on in the form of pasties and scones! all to waste, lack of repsect from ST Day, after we went into thier clubhouse at the beginning of the season,and at this level of football you'd atleast expect the lads to show their faces in the bar, SHAME ON ST DAY AFC.... :SM_carton:

more of a shame that when the reserve teams for both sides played each other in FHFL div 2 back in february on a saturday afternoon was that the bar was not even open after the game as apparently it only opens for first team games

what you also have to remember is some people have been at work all day and then go to play football in the evening straight after work so they might want to get back home to their families or as they have to be at work early next morning!!

Troon 5 ST Day 3

more of a shame that when the reserve teams for both sides played each other in FHFL div 2 back in february on a saturday afternoon was that the bar was not even open after the game as apparently it only opens for first team games

what you also have to remember is some people have been at work all day and then go to play football in the evening straight after work so they might want to get back home to their families or as they have to be at work early next morning!!

bet if they had one it would have been different story total waste of time and shows lack of respect :SM_carton:

the 2nds / 3rds have no one to do food for them, in senior football food happens after games, all other 19 teams make the effort in the league!! our guys have families too and they all made the effort! p**s poor excuse

No one even opened the bar when the seconds play there!!

I'd personally say that's even worse!

A lot of sides don't actually put food on after evening games as the amount of that come in the bar after evening games is usually a lot less than Saturday's!!

I could say something really harsh and disrespectful on this post but I won't as that's not the type of person I am!!

It is a nice set up down Troon too and I will myself apologise for the guys not coming back! And I never played last night!!

the 2nds / 3rds have no one to do food for them, in senior football food happens after games, all other 19 teams make the effort in the league!! our guys have families too and they all made the effort! p**s poor excuse

No one even opened the bar when the seconds play there!!

I'd personally say that's even worse!

A lot of sides don't actually put food on after evening games as the amount of that come in the bar after evening games is usually a lot less than Saturday's!!

I could say something really harsh and disrespectful on this post but I won't as that's not the type of person I am!!

It is a nice set up down Troon too and I will myself apologise for the guys not coming back! And I never played last night!!

about time, that wasnt that hard was it....

Fal town 4 St just 0.

Att about 20

nothing to do with not liking playing under lights dinlow,its the fact its friday night,last game of the season and ko at 6-30=more drinking time.

Fal town 4 St just 0.

Att about 20

nothing to do with not liking playing under lights dinlow,its the fact its friday night,last game of the season and ko at 6-30=more drinking time.

:) got shot out the sky there ctb :P

I gotta feeling that they will secure the league before i get home but hopefully i'll be back for the presentation!

somebody was saying another 3 or 4 wins will do it but not checked that.

HELSTON ATHLETIC 32 28 2 2 115 31 84 86 max points 104

ST JUST 33 22 7 4 96 48 48 73 max points 88

ILLOGAN RBL 31 22 6 3 99 20 79 72 max points 93

PERRANWELL 28 20 5 3 103 28 75 68 max points 98

so helston need.......

3 points to guaranteed 3rd place,

7 points to ensure runners up spot and promotion to the CSWPL Div 1 west,

13 points to be crowned champions of the JCCL.

not sure if there are any games where the top four are playing each other as that would change things too if they dropped points to each other!

so helston need.......

not sure if there are any games where the top four are playing each other as that would change things too if they dropped points to each other!

Helston dont have any of the the other 3 but they do have Falmouth, Penzance,the unknown quantity of Hayle, St.Day and Pendeen i think plus one other who escapes me

so helston need.......

Helston dont have any of the the other 3 but they do have Falmouth, Penzance,the unknown quantity of Hayle, St.Day and Pendeen i think plus one other who escapes me

And Penryn!!

All correct. Yes 3 points added but game is classed as Not Played. So at the end of the season the final league table will show Perranwell and Porthleven having only played 37 games not 38.

For example the official league table for the 2008-09 reads as follows

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/Table%202008-09.htm

as the game between Porthleven and St Just was not played bue to Porthleven cancelling a match due to lack of players.