Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Weymouth Town

Celebrations all round at Treyew Road, City champions and Weymouth stayed up considering their points deduction as well.Brilliant to see Jake raise the shield (which was the biggest trophy i,ve ever seen by the way!! ) :o Pitch looked fantastic, the best i can remember it and suited Truro,s slick passing game.Excellent crowd of 1696 which delayed the kick off until 3.15. Nice to see Mr Ray Rowe and some other stalwarts of the club there that have been through thick and thin over the years,they deserve a day like this. Well done City for bringing this standard of football to the county, pleasure to watch at times,long may it continue :c::clapper::drink: ps) Come on the Town!!! :thumbsup:

I had the pleasure of being at truro this afternoon where i watched a very entertaining game and in les afful they have 1 hell of a skillful player when he had the ball he turned the weymouth defender inside out ,The only weakness truro had was young Tom Brooks in goal he was at fault with both goals and he just hasnt got the build to be a goalie i have also seen martin rice drop a few clangers this year and i truros priority for the southern league will be a experianced goalie but well done to the team and mr Heaney deserves a pat on the back instead of people putting him down hes done a marvelous job for truro a bit like rick stein at padstow .