Cornwall Football Forum

Andy Watkins?

The comments from the Foxhole (step six) centre half regarding Andy Watkins are very harsh and unfortunately sums up all that is wrong with the FA's Respect campaign.

They are struggling to get the message across that their Campaign IS NOT ALL about Refeeres BUT IS for EVERYONE involved in the game.

The FA are wanting fans, manager's, players as well as ref's to show more respect and consideration for each other, whether that is on the playing field, off the pitch or as in this case posting on a website!

What this step six player has highlighted in his posting in trying to big himself up, is a lack of respect for one of if not THE FINEST player for Truro City (step 3) over the last five seasons or so.

His integrity as a footballer and in particular his work rate should never ever be questioned as this player / poster does.

He's just returned from a horrible injury and surgery and is nursing his way back to full fitness.

The Poster has not entered into the spirit of the FA's Campaign at all, for if he had, he would not have shown the lack of respect with his comments about another player's lack of interest in a game!

Respect? It's not all about Ref's, Let's try and give some to ALL INVOLVED with it!

Best wishes and lots of luck in completing your come back Andy.

I do hope your able to lead from the front, taking Truro to the championship to cap another fantastic season for Cornish football.

Your's Respectfully

Mass

The comments from the Foxhole (step six) centre half regarding Andy Watkins are very harsh and unfortunately sums up all that is wrong with the FA's Respect campaign.

They are struggling to get the message across that their Campaign IS NOT ALL about Refeeres BUT IS for EVERYONE involved in the game.

The FA are wanting fans, manager's, players as well as ref's to show more respect and consideration for each other, whether that is on the playing field, off the pitch or as in this case posting on a website!

What this step six player has highlighted in his posting in trying to big himself up, is a lack of respect for one of if not THE FINEST player for Truro City (step 3) over the last five seasons or so.

His integrity as a footballer and in particular his work rate should never ever be questioned as this player / poster does.

He's just returned from a horrible injury and surgery and is nursing his way back to full fitness.

The Poster has not entered into the spirit of the FA's Campaign at all, for if he had, he would not have shown the lack of respect with his comments about another player's lack of interest in a game!

Respect? It's not all about Ref's, Let's try and give some to ALL INVOLVED with it!

I do hope your able to lead from the front, taking Truro to the championship to cap another fantastic season for Cornish football.

Your's Respectfully

Mass

can't see how my comment is disrespectful, just saying it as I see it! Have you never heard a tv pundit say a player never looked interested? you make it sound like I should be honoured to be on the same pitch as Andy Watkins, like I'm not fit to lick his boots and you think thats respectful!! if my post comes across as disrespectful, I apolagise, it's not how it was intended (and to be honest, Andy Watkins couldn't give two hoots what I think anyway)and I never intended to BIG myself up, way to old for that, got grey hairs and everything! I used to think Andy Waddel never looked interested either!(hope I havn't upset him now) At the tender age of 39, I think i've earnt the right to enjoy a clean sheet!A Little banter never hurt anyone. If I got upset everytime an apponent told me I was too old,past it or too slow, I'd go through lots of hankies! Even the little "(step six)" remark didn't upset me Mass! I know what I've achieved during my playing days might not rank me as one of the greats, but I'm proud of it, and I'm proud to still be playin, at whatever level!

Does anyone know how Andy's run-out with the Reserves went at Foxhole?

played whole first half, didn't come out for the second. i marked him, didn't really look interested! i had a harder second half :thumbsup:

Well,what I would say is thank your lucky stars.Lets hope you dont ever have to mark a fully fit Andy Watkins as i'm sure you would have a different story to tell.I think the idea was to get some match fitness into those legs after his double hernia operation.

crouchy, you never really played that well either.

i was asked by mr peters to line the game for truro for which the foxhole folk gave me credit for all decisions given.

andy did reasonably well; after all he is returning from a bad injury and a couple of times his pace had your defence beaten but not the excellent ryan holland in goal.

nice to see in the local paper that Adam Holland has swiftly moved from foxhole to truro.

as for the respect campaign, people are starting to adhere to it. i watched the the late kick off south west and they were talking about the respect and that fa's should make players adhere to it at all times, by enforcing greater punishment so that key players who think they can get away with it, are not playing in crucial games.

going back to the game Saturday, there was a player for foxhole whom got sent off. what for, calling the referee a f*** etc. they then argued what the card was for and everyone could hear it.

i was asked by mr peters to line the game for truro for which the foxhole folk gave me credit for all decisions given.

andy did reasonably well; after all he is returning from a bad injury and a couple of times his pace had your defence beaten but not the excellent ryan holland in goal.

nice to see in the local paper that Adam Holland has swiftly moved from foxhole to truro.

as for the respect campaign, people are starting to adhere to it. i watched the the late kick off south west and they were talking about the respect and that fa's should make players adhere to it at all times, by enforcing greater punishment so that key players who think they can get away with it, are not playing in crucial games.

going back to the game Saturday, there was a player for foxhole whom got sent off. what for, calling the referee a f*** etc. they then argued what the card was for and everyone could hear it.

think you lot have got my original quote all wrong! din't say that I marked him out of the match or anything, didn't say he din't come out second half for any particular reason, just that he didn't come back out, never said I had a great game either! nver said he had good half/poor half.obviously Andy is fighting his way back from injury and I wish him all the best for that, but if your on the pitch, I presume your fit to play. my original quote was just a short response to the original question, not a dig at anyone.

And just for the record Mr.Cornwall, I thought yourself and the ref had decent games and he was right to send our player off and I told him so! but I don't think some of the Truro lads were too impressed with our lino so don't start on the swearing topic!!!!!! I think they even had a go at you didn't they?

cheers

Couchy, when I read your posting I, and I suspect many others, took it to be tongue-in-cheek! If people think your post contravenes the respect campaign then probably over 50% of the posts on this forum do also! The moderators obviously have no problem with your posting. :)

Are you really only 39?! :yahoo:

think you lot have got my original quote all wrong! din't say that I marked him out of the match or anything, didn't say he din't come out second half for any particular reason, just that he didn't come back out, never said I had a great game either! nver said he had good half/poor half.obviously Andy is fighting his way back from injury and I wish him all the best for that, but if your on the pitch, I presume your fit to play. my original quote was just a short response to the original question, not a dig at anyone.

And just for the record Mr.Cornwall, I thought yourself and the ref had decent games and he was right to send our player off and I told him so! but I don't think some of the Truro lads were too impressed with our lino so don't start on the swearing topic!!!!!! I think they even had a go at you didn't they?

cheers

crouchy dont know which player you are but you should know by now that i play by the rules of the fa. if anyone has a go at me whether it be foxhole or truro in this case against any decision, its meant to warn the officials that they want decisions their way. Therefore not frustration. Im not moaning at your performance of of Andy's but the way you wish to downgrade a lad, who has more ability than you.

Credit where credit is due though, Foxhole did play some good football.

Your's Respectfully

Mass

You need to get out more if you think this posting from Crouchy is disrespectfull to anyone

He has answered Dave deacon question honestly saying what he seen !!!! (oh yea this is wrong must big up truro players as they are the flagship of cornish football).

I wish Andy watkins a speedy recovery as does Crouchy (knowing him as i do).

Good luck to truro in the run in as well (yes i know players whom play for them too) before you all jump on me.

crouchy still playing at 49 he must of pressed the wrong number :yahoo: :yahoo:

Your's Respectfully

Mass

You need to get out more if you think this posting from Crouchy is disrespectfull to anyone

He has answered Dave deacon question honestly saying what he seen !!!! (oh yea this is wrong must big up truro players as they are the flagship of cornish football).

I wish Andy watkins a speedy recovery as does Crouchy (knowing him as i do).

Good luck to truro in the run in as well (yes i know players whom play for them too) before you all jump on me.

crouchy still playing at 49 he must of pressed the wrong number :yahoo: :yahoo:

49......cheaky git! : I'm going to play on the other forum now, you know, the one for step six players. I'm surprised Mr Massey allowed me to post on the royal forum, I am not worthy, off with my head! :P

Just got back from Treyew Road where the score from tonights match was -

Truro City 4 Newquay 3

with a goal from Andy Watkins.

He was looking fit and speedy and hopefully will now be available for the 1st Team.

His fitness was looking good and the final touches and match awareness will rapidly come back.

The difficulty however for the Truro Manager will now be when and how to fit him back into the Team - the partnership between Barry Hayles and Les Afful in the last few matches has been excellent and with the run-in to the end of the season so vital to Truro with a great chance of automatic promotion then I can see Andy's position at the moment being 'on the bench'. But, what a great player to have on the bench.

Given a bit more time I think a partnership between Barry Hayles & Andy Watkins could be unstoppable - next season perhaps in the Conference.....?

Just got back from Treyew Road where the score from tonights match was -

Truro City 4 Newquay 3

with a goal from Andy Watkins.

He was looking fit and speedy and hopefully will now be available for the 1st Team.

His fitness was looking good and the final touches and match awareness will rapidly come back.

The difficulty however for the Truro Manager will now be when and how to fit him back into the Team - the partnership between Barry Hayles and Les Afful in the last few matches has been excellent and with the run-in to the end of the season so vital to Truro with a great chance of automatic promotion then I can see Andy's position at the moment being 'on the bench'. But, what a great player to have on the bench.

Given a bit more time I think a partnership between Barry Hayles & Andy Watkins could be unstoppable - next season perhaps in the Conference.....?

Very pleased for Andy, and shows what a good result it was for foxhole with 10 men for nearly an hour!