Cornwall Football Forum

F. A. TROPHY - Next Round

When Truro reached the FA Vase final I remember looking up a list of the previous winners and noticing that AFC Sudbury were runners-up 3 years in a row, 2003, 2004, 2005! They must have been gutted, I know I would have been! What an achievement though to reach the final in 3 consecutive seasons. :clapper:

Yeah bit of a trek so good job it's a home draw.

Remember making the trip with St Blazey a few seasons ago - lost 6/7-1 if I recall right, and don't mention the game to Dave Leonard!

06/02/2003 StBlazey 1 1 AFCSudbury Round 5

15/02/2003 AFCSudbury 7 1 StBlazey Round 5 Replay blink.gif

Still remember Glynn Hooper going through on goal in the dying seconds and being taken out only for the Ref to wave play on. Score level at 1-1 at the time. Most of the 1000 crowd couldnt believe the ref didnt give it. :angry2:

in answer to the cat the blue square north and south sides have come in in this final qualifying round with the 24 blue square premier sides coming in the next round round 1 proper. then you get the likes of wrexham luton town mansfield and darlington to name but a few ex league clubs joining the competition.

hoping truro make it through and they draw the mighty Wrexham! havent been able to see the dragons since starting uni 4 years ago and would love to make the short trip to Truro to cheer my boys in - and what a draw that would be for Truro. Drawing one of the biggest non league sides and expert giantkillers (Arsenal,West Ham,Birmingham,Middlesborough) as well as been an ex-European competition side (even if it was in the 70s/80s!)!!!

great opportunity for Truro to test themselves against teams they want to be playing!

good bit of revenue for the club too!

good luck