Windsor & Eton 6 1 0 2 0 3 0 1 3 2 5 9 -4 6

Bashley 6 0 2 1 1 0 2 1 2 3 9 10 -1 5

Leamington 6 1 1 1 0 1 2 1 2 3 7 9 -2 5

Evesham United 6 0 1 2 1 1 1 1 2 3 7 10 -3 5

Tiverton Town 6 1 1 1 0 1 2 1 2 3 6 14 -8 5

Bedford Town 6 0 2 1 0 1 2 0 3 3 3 6 -3 3

Oxford City 6 0 2 1 0 1 2 0 3 3 3 8 -5 3

Weymouth* 6 0 2 1 1 1 1 1 3 2 7 9 -2 -4

Slummer having looked at the above I can see your knowledge of football is limited, 3rd in the table who cares about cleen sheets

It's all going pear shaped for Truro, yet another game where they can't keep a clean sheet.

Truro City played 6 won 4 drawn 1 lost 1 3rd in the league and just 1 point behind the leader.

Call it going pear shaped if you like,but I reckon there are at least 18 teams in the league who

would gladly change places with Truro.A bit early to start counting chickens yet,but I would say

like most that Truro have made a pretty good start.And as for clean sheets,all very nice,but winning

games and earning the points is far more important.Dont you think?

A very good start for City.

Clean sheets might not seem important now but can mean a hell of a lot at the far end of the season. Goal difference can decide promotion and of course relegation.

Yes Pablo,I think we will all agree with what you have said,but at this early stage of the season I think Truro will be far happier to take the points and hope the goal difference can be improved as we go along.A long way to go yet in a very tough league.

Kit I'm taking the mick out of Mr. T and Teddy Boy, and the rest of the crew that are twiddling their thumbs trying to have a go at Truro at the moment.

Come on Kit, surely my comment was an obvious send up of the anti-Truro brigade here, and yes I am still neutral TCFC wise, and while I'm on that subject of Truro haters, where did that fat pot bellied cockney who made a complete tit of themselves from Newquay go, you know the one who looks like Shrek's ugly sister, supports Wet Sham or Leyton Orient I think?

Kit I'm taking the mick out of Mr. T and Teddy Boy, and the rest of the crew that are twiddling their thumbs trying to have a go at Truro at the moment.

Come on Kit, surely my comment was an obvious send up of the anti-Truro brigade here, and yes I am still neutral TCFC wise, and while I'm on that subject of Truro haters, where did that fat pot bellied cockney who made a complete tit of themselves from Newquay go, you know the one who looks like Shrek's ugly sister, supports Wet Sham or Leyton Orient I think?

Slummer you are implying that i am anti Truro,i resemble that remark.!! :angry2: :ninja:

ive bin a life long truro die hard and personally feel that maybe this is the season the boys can really push on, i believe that this squad is the golden generation for them as once they push higher it will be easier for them to rebuild with stronger players. however, as for this clean sheet topic i dont see it as a major concern at the end of the day points win prizes aslong as those boys are winning then lets get behind them all it takes is to cut out silly mistakes and get a stronger understanding and these boys will be strong at the back and lethal going forward. however my only problem with this team is that when the going gets tough truro go home. theres no steel in there no real heart and hunger. the boys are super talented but none of them really love a tackle n when they do go in for a big tackle they either give an herroundous foul or just use pure thuggery, this is all they lack abit of steel on the park who can inspire the lads but keep the ball moving aswell. im not slating these boys i watch most home games and believe taht on their day these talented pansies can beat anyone but just want to see abit more consistency throughout the team and my dream of premiership football in 25 years is a realistic possiblity.

A tad silly comment. Goal difference can win the prize, especially in a tight league which this looks to be.

isn't it strange how so much crawls out after a couple of good results? There's hardly been a squeak from many of you for months. Warning, don't count your chickens. Though I suspect City might come up trumps but don't listen to me, I'm no expert.

Behave pablo i bet my house that this league will not be decided on goal diference! At the end of the day i pay my money n ill voice my opinion i just think that the boys have to start earning their ridiculous wage! I love that club im truro legion branded and yet i watch these players take their money and leave each week! We need some local lads all i ever hear from right back is crying and winging! Im js saying that these boys are talented BUT they need to start caring to some people that club is a matter of life n death thats all im saying! Best of luck at weekend boys!

We need some local lads

But the 'local lads' aren't good enough! Who do you suggest locally could come in and do so well? I'm struggling to think of too many names!

I have got to agree with you Dave.I think most of us would love to see more local talent playing for Truro,but for the life of me I cant think of 1 local footballer at the moment who would be good enough to play southern premier league football.Most of the players in the league these days have had football league or conference experience.A couple of seasons back Truro gave 1 of the up and coming footballers in the county,Liam Eddy his chance to break into the team,but in the end it was found to be too big of jump at that moment in time.

We need some local lads

But the 'local lads' aren't good enough! Who do you suggest locally could come in and do so well? I'm struggling to think of too many names!

I have got to agree with you Dave.I think most of us would love to see more local talent playing for Truro,but for the life of me I cant think of 1 local footballer at the moment who would be good enough to play southern premier league football.Most of the players in the league these days have had football league or conference experience.A couple of seasons back Truro gave 1 of the up and coming footballers in the county,Liam Eddy his chance to break into the team,but in the end it was found to be too big of jump at that moment in time.

There may not be anybody ready right now, but do the club have the forsight to pick up local lads that have been released from pro clubs in the area and looking at them in the long term future.

Why do they not do this, loan the player out to a top local club to help develope them into a quality player,

i believe there are players out there,not many i know,they just need time with players from a higher standard to push them on to the next level,its not all about on the pitch attitude either.

We need some local lads

The only one I can think of that has made the team is Martin Watts. And he learnt his trade at Argyle (well apart from some hard sessions up Fowey park with me and tinsley).

Glen Hoddle has soccer schools in Spain where players rejected by the professional clubs can go, receive intensive coaching and try again elsewhere, a number have taken that route and turned initial failure into success.

Developing talent is a skill, present day managers at most levels of the game haven't the time so delegate that task to others, that is alright if the club is big enough to accommodate those needing guidance, unfortunately many with talent slip through the net because of many reasons. We hear the saying time and again about youngsters who break into the squads and disappear quicker than they arrived, his heads swollen, he won't listen, he thinks he knows it all, his dad thinks he's better than he is and he's believing it so won't learn etc. I am sure some of the young lads that arrived at Truro City in recent years and didn't for various reasons make the grade could do so a second time around if THEY put in the HARD work and had the right structure in place to assist their progress, on top of that many rejected by the big 3 Devon clubs could possibly make the grade, if they didn't have some talent those 3 clubs wouldn't have been interested in the first place.

Dave Deacon knows local football better than most, if he says they are not good enough I accept that, but there have to be many falling just short of what is required to make the grade, the biggest reason I find living in Bucks is lack of commitment to train, prime example for any sportsperson is PHIL TAYLOR despite all those World Championships he still practices 6 to 8 hours most days, Marathons and Half Marathons, thousands take part in those and I see dozens from near our area out training but when it comes to football you rarely see any of them between games building up their stamina.

From what I saw of Liam Eddy in a Truro shirt, it is still not too late for him to make the grade but like most sportspersons he has to want it badly enough and put in the work.

Superb post, Mountaineer.

Oops now I am blushing.

Whilst driving home from Hemel Hempstead on Saturday I was tuned into a football show hosted by Ian Wright, Glenn Hoddle came on and spoke about his football academy, he has now taken over a Spanish second division club (JEREZ) where his students play, according to Glenn he has 2000 people applying to join, his next project is opening up more GHA's in South Africa. The GHA (Glenn Hoddle Academy) website is an interesting read, maybe Truro City should go for the more mature students with their future academy, Ian Wright was about 23 before he matured into a player that attracted attention, there are many late developers.

http://www.glennhoddleacademy.com/gha_enters_spanish_pro_league.html

There are links on the home page showing how everything works, even an application form.

Glenn said that he had been offered a number of jobs in the English Premiership but because his academy venture is going so well that's what he will be concentrating on for the next couple of years or so.