Cornwall Football Forum

All To Play For Next Season

At the end of next season the FHFL & Mining leagues will merge. Below is the proposed formation of the new leagues based on the finishing positions of the teams after May 2011 forming leagues of 14.

Premier Division - Top 7 teams of FHFL1 & Mining 1

Division 1 - Position 8-14 Div 1 FHFL 1 & Mining 1

Division 2 - Bottom 2 FHFL 1 & Mining 1

Top 5 FHFL 2 & Mining 2

Division 3 - Position 6-12 FHFL 2 & Mining 2

Division 4 - Bottom 4 sides FHFL 2 & Mining 2

Top 3 FHFL 3 & Mining 3

Division 5 - Position 4-10 FHFL 3 & Mining 3

Division 6 - Bottom 6 FHFL 3 & Mining 3

2 spaces available to new teams

Lots to play for next year I wonder if towards the end of the season a lot more games will be fulfilled?????? :wacko: :wacko:

Do we have any idea what the league will be called, or who will sponser it?

Also are they going to keep the cups from Fal/Hel and Mining and dish them out to each division or dispand the current cups and create new ones?

Maybe it's a bit early for the answers of these questions but it should be interesting.

Lots to play for!!

Do we have any idea what the league will be called, or who will sponser it?

Also are they going to keep the cups from Fal/Hel and Mining and dish them out to each division or dispand the current cups and create new ones?

Maybe it's a bit early for the answers of these questions but it should be interesting.

Lots to play for!!

I have heard that the cups will remain and that the Percy Stephens Cup will become the entire league cup (unofficial Junior Cup West!!!!) & the Dunn Cup will become the cup only the premier league teams participate for

I have heard that the cups will remain and that the Percy Stephens Cup will become the entire league cup (unofficial Junior Cup West!!!!) & the Dunn Cup will become the cup only the premier league teams participate for

I see, I thought they might do something along those lines. Would of been a shame to of seen the back of some of the cups, with the history they have attached to them.

not much incentive to win division 2 or 3 of both leagues as you only have to finish in top 5 :unsure:

There is the incentive of becoming the last ever team to win that division I suppose?

Is it confirmed which positioned teams will make up the new league.

By this setup you can win division 2 and end up in the same division as those relegated from Div 1, and below the third bottom team in Div 1 - basically no promotion?

The transition year from the 2010/2011 season will obviously be problematic as the leagues align but the reason that sides could be feeling hard done by is the fact the leagues are all being reduced by 2 down to 14 teams per league. Once the alignment is complete I can see the leagues being very competitive.