Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results - 05/12/2009

Duchy Division 4

Gerrans 1-1 Grampound Reserves

Grampound Reserves manager Al Woodman kept faith with the players who gave him his first win at Stoke Climsland last week and he was not disappointed. Grampound Res. looked the more dangerous throughout the game and should have grabbed all 3 points, missing good chances in both halves. League leaders Gerrans, who were 10 points clear at the top, cannot be very happy with a lacklustre performance, making few chances in the match. Gerrans pitch, as always, was very firm despite the rain.

Duchy Division 4

Gerrans 1-1 Grampound Reserves

Grampound Reserves manager Al Woodman kept faith with the players who gave him his first win at Stoke Climsland last week and he was not disappointed. Grampound Res. looked the more dangerous throughout the game and should have grabbed all 3 points, missing good chances in both halves. League leaders Gerrans, who were 10 points clear at the top, cannot be very happy with a lacklustre performance, making few chances in the match. Gerrans pitch, as always, was very firm despite the rain.

to be fair alistair you came down and gave us a very good game,not many chances for either side and both could ave won it.we struggled mainly cos to many players went on the piss the night before but all credit to grampound thought you deserved a win as we were shocking :(:(:(:(:drink::drink: :drink:

This is Allan Webb, Grampound chairman, not Grampound Reserves manager Alastair Woodman (think he is out on the piss tonight and deservedly so). I saw a big improvement in the team from just a few weeks ago and most of the Grampound lads went home feeling really disappointed that they didn't take all 3 points with them today.

Duchy 5

Padstow United 2 v 0 Boscastle Reserves

Tippet,Trestain

would like to say that this was a good game today considering the weather and boscastle managed to keep with there high flying apponents in the 1st half playing against the wind but in the second half boscastle seem to lose there way which is a little disapointing for me but to be fair padstow are a very good team and play great football at times, also would like to say thanks to padstow manager for doing an excellent refereeing job today, credit to your club !!!! good luck to padstow for rest of the season best team we,ve played so far !!!

Four Lanes 1 - 3 Illogan (ht 1 -20

Not the best game in the world but not the best pitch to try and play football on either, still another 3 points though which is the main thing. Brett Adams scored for Four lanes and Johnny Jones, Ian Cunnigham and Adam Callway scored for Illogan to be fair Cally nearly had 2 but as the ball was going in the goal it stuck in a patch of mud on the line ha ha.

Biggest dissapointment of the day were the showers,last thing you want in winter having just played in rain and mud for 90 mins is to come back in and have to try and shower in freezing cold showers!!! 2nd time its happened to us at Clijah not sure if its the clubs or the council but it needs sorting.

whoops sorry wrong thread ha ha

Duchy Div 2

St. Newlyn East P-P AFC Bodmin

Our pitch never stood a chance after the hammering it took in the Junior Cup the week before!

Duchy Div 5

Charlestown P-P St Newlyn East

Referee decided pitch was unsafe to be played on due to stones in the surface.

FAIR PLAY to the referee that called off the charlestown game.from what i hear from all the teams that have played there this year its a wonder how nobody has seriously hurt themselves,seen one players legs completely cut to shreds due to the pitch,we played him the week after.not looking forward to playing them at their place after hearing what the state of the pitch is like. :unsure:

Do pitches get risk assessed or anything like that or is that just down to the referee on the day, be interesting to know,

It is the responsibility of the hosting Club to ensure the safe surface on which to play.

Mind you it is my responsibilty to do a pitch inspection before each match in order to assess the playing surface for such things as, glass, dogshit, stones, goalposts, nets, line markings, weather, etc; etc;

Before you ask, No this wasn't my game and I wasn't there so we have to respect the decision made on the day by the referee.

http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum...showtopic=13028

The referee was "more than happy with the pitch, if the surface water is swept off" and "the penalty spots marked again".

Everyone was in bemusement that the match was cancelled, including the many youngsters who had just played on the pitch next door!!!!

Im gonna remember to bring my prawn sandwiches and tissues to the next home game.

Whilst everybody was disgusted and bewildered by the events of the day, we HAVE to respect the referee, as without a referee, we are all snookered.

This ends the discussion from a Charlestown point of view.