Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Under 16's - 4 Devon Under 16's -2

An excellent all round team performance saw unfancied Cornwall beat our neighbours in the first round of the cup. Cornwall took the lead when Sam Bescelli forced the ball home. Jack Stevens scored just before the break from the penalty spot after the Devon defender handled in the box. 5 minutes into the second half and an expertly taken free kick by Jordan Copp was well met on the half volley by Rob Wearne. Devon reduced the arrears from a well taken goal. Devon scored again from a penalty after the Duchy defender was penalised for handball. 10 minutes from the end Devon conceeded a second penalty after a rash challenge on Keegan. Stevens scored from the spot. In the dying minutes Isaac Vassell was upended in the area for the 4th penalty of the game. Stevens spot kick was however saved preventing him from scoring a hat trick of penalties. The Duchy's ability to keep the ball with an excellent central midfied three and hard work was the main reasons why they were the victors.

A little bit sketchy, but here goes.

Alverton goalie (sorry don't know his name)

Dave Barker

Connor Jamison

Jack Stevens (Captain)

Oliver Morrison

Jordan Copp

Lewis Hilton

Jared Sims

Isaac Vassell

Rob Wearne

Sam Besceli

Keegan ???

Alex Bicknell

Kyle Worth

A N Other

Guest Peppermint

Great result Jim - where was the venue for the match.

I would love to make some observations and comments on the other burning topic on this section of the Forum - but for the first time in my life WORDS FAIL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graham, the game was played on the 3G pitch at Callington College. The game was scheduled for last week at Launceston but was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch.

David, I believe Cornwall are at home to Somerset in the next round but that needs to be confirmed. As soon as I know I will post details in advance of the game.