Cornwall Football Forum

Who's going to be in Top 3 in FHFL 2 end of the season?

Guest gomez

I'd be very surprised if there is a team that can deny Perranporth the league title this season.

I also think that there are some good sides fighting it out for second and third places in addition to Stithians and Carharrack,ie Rosudgeon,a good footballing side who are scoring goals for fun at the moment,St.Day,who have a good squad,and also Penryn and Mullion are both up there too.Should be an exciting time in Division Two this season.

Having not played against perran and carharrack when we lost first 2 games, since i have started playing for the club, i have been impressed with the standard of teams in Div 2. Im not saying we will finish top 3 but we will give it a good go and will shock teams this season as saturdays 5-0 win at culdrose will show.

Perran im sure will win it but its gonna be close for 2nd and 3rd. Best of luck to everyone this year. Looking forward to lots more battles to come.

Well, it looks like another competitive year for FHFL 2. Perranporth look like the favourites with many of the squad having played at senior level before. The only time I can see Perranporth tripping up is going to a midweek game down somewhere like Rosudgeon or Mullion pissing down with rain with the pitch being cut up with the opposition playing anti football tactics which will frustrate them.

I will go for Carharrack to finish second below them, they appear to have a mixture of youth and experience and some very good technical players that can mix up the play. I've heard the have a large squad which will help them later on the season, but they need to play their strongest side no matter what throughout if they want to be up the top this time come may but if they carry on with their attacking mentality I think they will gain promotion.

Third, I would have to go on paper Stithians, although not the strongest team they have Jake Harvey who up front who possibly could be up for the golden boot, not a player you want to see in you box with the ball and Matt Saunders at the back who is a beast in the air. A footballing side they will certainly be taking points off teams, their weakness seems to be on field discipline which could cost them during the season.

The other teams in contention at the moment seem to be Penryn, a young footballing side who can score goals but easily bullied off the pitch by more physical sides. There only problem is that they will not be able to get promoted. Mullion, they have a very physical tall side, a typical blood and snotters team who will be able to drag out a result. Rosudgeon, over the years have been a consistent side and again a team who can take points off teams, not a place you want to go mid week on a frezzing afternoon. St Day, relegated from FHFL 1 last season, have a good side but have been struggling in recent weeks, striker Britton will undoubtedly help them score goals but need to keep hold of their leads something that has let them down recently. Nobody else really stands out but anything can happen over the next through months with injuries etc.

Its going to be a long season for all those involved.

Guest pete norfolk

last years div 2 was very close as the team that finished third, us Camborne Park, only got 46 and went up. Looks like, apart from carharrack and perran that the rest of the league will be the same again with all teams promoted from div 3 showing they are no push overs.

Guest Gears of War

matt saunders beast in the air??????

u must b mistaken mr justice.

that boy is afraid of his shadow

quite simply the boy is not a bully and doesnt through his weight around and trys to win games in the right way :SM_carton:

Cant see beyond perranporth 4 the league basicly a combo team! with cahharick looking strong 4 2nd place

It's nice to see my club mentioned a few times in this thread. Carharrack are taking each game as it comes and know we have to work hard in order to gain promotion which is part of our three year plan. I don't think we fear anyone at the moment. Things are going well on and off the pitch.

Having already played Perranporth, I can certainly say they set the standard. But now they have been beaten and that physiological edge has gone.

Stithians have won all their games and slowly creeping up the league. Can certainly see them being contenders.

Some great sides in this division and it will be the midweek games that will prove the biggest tests for sides with players not being able to get away from work and injuries.

Looking forward to the final run. I think 50 points on the table is the number to aim for.

Guest BEEFEATER

are teams like perranporth and stithians paying players this year

because looking at some of the players in there line ups they are senior football standard.

i can understand why people want to play for carharack with there nice pitch etc

but why would people want to play on stithians show ground is beond me

Soccer follower I have heard the same in that Mr Brewer has opened the check book again to sign players and boost an allready strong squad.

Matt Saunders = top lad and player, shame he isnt so good on pro evo :clapper::clapper:

well it seems I'm a hot topic of conversation at the moment! Well peg leg,affraid of my shadow? I think not! I will look forward to u trying 2wind me up but sorry pal I let my football do the talking on the pitch,I need to set an example as captain and I don't kick my way through games! Jake as far as saying I'm the best defender in junior football,I'm not sure.just really enjoying my football at the moment with a great bunch of lads.thanks 4ur opinion though mate.also I'm not 17stone,16 10 actualy but good guess.haha.and deano my ol fruit,u know I will own u but I'm a FIFA man now!!! Lol

Guest BEEFEATER

No we are not getting paid at Perran we pay £2 a week !!!! Mickey has just got a group of players that are trying to get the team into combinationn football again as there is a 3 division gulf at the moment between the first and second teams........

dont believe it

i doubt u will play agianst pegleg matt as he plays for constantine

and we both know ...."YOU CANT BEAT OUT WHATS BRED IN!".....and in his case you certainly cant.

and druth can you name me another defender as affective??.........

Danny Watts at storm Bramwell from Constantine James Bush from Penryn Centre back out Pendeen dont know his name to mention just a few and im sure there is more out there aswell.

No we are not getting paid at Perran we pay £2 a week !!!! Mickey has just got a group of players that are trying to get the team into combinationn football again as there is a 3 division gulf at the moment between the first and second teams........

dont believe it

True - for all that want to know we pay £1.50 to train and £2 on match day, plus the tracksuits have been paid for by each squad player.

We've a great squad with a good start to the season - shame to get kocked out the Junior Cup early on but plenty of silverware still to play for and a league cup to retain??

If Stithains continue the way they have started then could be some more 'top of the table' clashes ahead, have they played any of the better sides in FHFL 2 yet? Carharrack? Penryn?

:yahoo:

Guest omni-slash

dont believe it

True - for all that want to know we pay £1.50 to train and £2 on match day, plus the tracksuits have been paid for by each squad player.

We've a great squad with a good start to the season - shame to get kocked out the Junior Cup early on but plenty of silverware still to play for and a league cup to retain??

If Stithains continue the way they have started then could be some more 'top of the table' clashes ahead, have they played any of the better sides in FHFL 2 yet? Carharrack? Penryn?

Yes like stated, Stithians beat penryn comfortably 3-0 on saturday, it could easily of been more than 3 due to some missed chances towards the end

dont believe it

yeah we have played penryn mate beat them 3-0.watched u play them and belive u only won 2-0. luke brown looks a very good player controlled ur game against them! :yahoo:

peg leg youre only into youre sly tackles when the other player has got no chance,ive rarely seen you kick or get aggressive with someone bigger than yourself......and that story tells itself

not saying were gonna get anywhere near perranporth but i think we will definately give them a tough game.

but if i was a betting man i hate to say it id be betting on them

dont believe it

yeah we have played penryn mate beat them 3-0.watched u play them and belive u only won 2-0. luke brown looks a very good player controlled ur game against them! :yahoo:

Yeah, was 2-0 one of the first games of the season and i beleive they had a few players missing.

Got them again 2mro.

No Barry Leete at present tho, still on 1st team duty!

Sounds like the Stithains game could be a cracker.

Best of luck on Sat to all

:c:

Guest mariner

i doubt u will play agianst pegleg matt as he plays for constantine

and we both know ...."YOU CANT BEAT OUT WHATS BRED IN!".....and in his case you certainly cant.

and druth can you name me another defender as affective??.........

Danny Watts at storm Bramwell from Constantine James Bush from Penryn Centre back out Pendeen dont know his name to mention just a few and im sure there is more out there aswell.

You must be joking,,,,, i am better than all of those players :yahoo: only joking and if you have seen me play well rock, than lucky for me you havent seen me when i play bad :thumbsup:

still a fairy thou

Jeffers why on earth r u getting personal? This all started cos some1 said I was the best defender in junior football and look at the way u have taken it to a personal level! Is it cos no1 has metioned ur name as a possible best defender? I don't know! All I know is u should just leave it now pal cos it's getting a bit boring don't u think?

Guest Gears of War

just because he dont take abuse the fact es massive doesnt make him a wimp

hes 17st,and id say best defender in juniour football,definately most affective

A bit disrespectfull 2 say one defender is the best in junior footy there are many who could take that title as well as there are many teams who could take the best team title. teams can beat each other on any given day, your a bit brain ded if you think your own team is the best all down 2 the luck on the day 4 me

Guest Gears of War

because looking at some of the players in there line ups they are senior football standard.

i can understand why people want to play for carharack with there nice pitch etc

if any one would fancy a look at stithians pitch they will c that it is one of the best in divison 2, the groundsmen has done a top notch job this year, only lacking decent changing facilities, stithians is a young club without the history of say caharrick but would def say our pitch is up with theres 4 sure.

also luke kelond has decided 2 better his life with £10 pounds a game down at stithians as being in a well paid job 4 south west water earning 35k a year wtf this is the least we could du :unsure:

in other news plumbers and electricions are quiting there jobs 2 be window cleaners as there is so much money in it :blink:

if any one would fancy a look at stithians pitch they will c that it is one of the best in divison 2, the groundsmen has done a top notch job this year, only lacking decent changing facilities, stithians is a young club without the history of say caharrick but would def say our pitch is up with theres 4 sure.

also luke kelond has decided 2 better his life with £10 pounds a game down at stithians as being in a well paid job 4 south west water earning 35k a year wtf this is the least we could du :unsure:

in other news plumbers and electricions are quiting there jobs 2 be window cleaners as there is so much money in it :blink:

haha i like that mate!some people r so sad on this forum aint they?jealous is the word i would use pard :thumbsup: :yahoo:

Guest Gears of War

peg leg youre only into youre sly tackles when the other player has got no chance,ive rarely seen you kick or get aggressive with someone bigger than yourself......and that story tells itself

not saying were gonna get anywhere near perranporth but i think we will definately give them a tough game.

but if i was a betting man i hate to say it id be betting on them

Jake peg leg is not who you think, have just been tiped of u will be gob smacked but not suprisied

Guest BEEFEATER

so stihians are paying players?

so stihians are paying players?No mate he is being sarcastic. No 1gets paid at this level

why

It's not all about playing combo mate,I'm sure u would agree if I said it's about playing and enjoying football with ur mates.luke is a good mate of mine,I asked him 2come play 4stithians and he has come down and might I add enjoying it more even tho it's not as high a level as combo.he couldn't settle out perranwell that's another reason pard

why

It's not all about playing combo mate,I'm sure u would agree if I said it's about playing and enjoying football with ur mates.luke is a good mate of mine,I asked him 2come play 4stithians and he has come down and might I add enjoying it more even tho it's not as high a level as combo.he couldn't settle out perranwell that's another reason pard

Pete,jake,matt and luke all played for perranwell ,all good quality players ,and all nice lads,good luck to all of youand stithians this season