Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League 24/10/09 Results

Mining 3

Goonhavern Res 3 v 1 St Ives Mariners

Blustery conditions spoilt most of the game as the ball spent most of the time either in the adjoining fields or on the road. We took a 3-0 lead through Alex with a poke in from a few yards and then Mile P hit two wind assisted efforts that either took a wicked deflection of a defenders head or the keeper misjudged it. St Ives gave themselves hope with a goal just before half-time. 2nd half we played better....always looking dangerous on the break...and apart from two St Ives shots...one good save and the other hitting the post we held the game comfortably....

5 games unbeaten and we're looking a little more settled especially with players having competition for places all over the pitch.

Carbis Bay Utd 6 Madron Res 0 h/t 1-0

Carbis Bay played down the slope at St.Ives RFC in the first half with a gale force wind behind them and a sometimes feisty half ensued.Some good saves by the visiting goalkeeper and resolute defending against the wind kept the score at 1-0 although the home team hit the crossbar twice.

Carbis Bay played better against the wind in the second half and dominated possession although Madron hit the crossbar too from distance.

A minute's silence was held before the match in memory of a St.Ives RFC Committee member who passed away recently.

Mining 3

Perranporth 7-0 Marazion

Kent

OG

Arquati 2

Penna 2

Hall

The OG was comical, the Marazion player who was a yard from goal, had no Perranporth player in close proximity, had seemingly no threat, and with the keeper shouting for the ball and on his way to collect it, inexplicably volleyed the ball into his own net! Sorry to the Marazion player involved for mentioning it, but it was funny!

Should also give a mention to John Mitchell for his 15 minute cameo in centre midfield, who at one point beat four players before going down in the box after a shoulder charge, similar to Andrei Kanchelskis in the 94 cup final! Kingsley Deeble (the ref) however waved away his appeals for a penalty unlike David Elleray at Wembley in 1994!

Redruth 5 - 2 Wendron Disapointing game for Wendrom we gave Redruth a good game and defently did'nt deserve to lose 5-2 it was a game we felt we could win. All of Redruths goals were from long balls which seems to b there only way of attack specially on there small pitch and the wind. It was a very very physical game with both sides putting in some solid hard tackles with a few elbows thrown in. All in all it was a good game and best of luck to Redruth for the rest of the season.

Madron next week if we lose that game im going to feel like quiting but im more than confident we will walk away with 3 points and finaly start our season off lol

Gwinear 2 2 Goonhaven .

A very good game of football , home side dominated from start to finish but some woeful finishing and a fluky equaliser allowed the visitors to steal a point. Good luck Goonhaven a real good bunch of lads hope you enjoyed the beer and food after and lets hope for a windy day for the return fixture ! :P

Gwinear 2 2 Goonhaven .

A very good game of football , home side dominated from start to finish but some woeful finishing and a fluky equaliser allowed the visitors to steal a point. Good luck Goonhaven a real good bunch of lads hope you enjoyed the beer and food after and lets hope for a windy day for the return fixture ! :P

A good game of football???? that was never going to happen on a subbuteo sized pitch!!!gwinear did have a decent chunk of the game but goonhavern also hit the post and easily had the quality to win this game but it never happened!the gwinear keeper was also far more agile than his figure suggested he was going to be!!a point won for gwinear and 2 lost for goonhavern from what i witnessed!! as a neutral spectator i might add!!

Mining 3

Perranporth 7-0 Marazion

Kent

OG

Arquati 2

Penna 2

Hall

The OG was comical, the Marazion player who was a yard from goal, had no Perranporth player in close proximity, had seemingly no threat, and with the keeper shouting for the ball and on his way to collect it, inexplicably volleyed the ball into his own net! Sorry to the Marazion player involved for mentioning it, but it was funny!

Should also give a mention to John Mitchell for his 15 minute cameo in centre midfield, who at one point beat four players before going down in the box after a shoulder charge, similar to Andrei Kanchelskis in the 94 cup final! Kingsley Deeble (the ref) however waved away his appeals for a penalty unlike David Elleray at Wembley in 1994!

Was the game stopped whilst the groundsman came on after Mitchell had hit the deck and put a heavy roller onto the penalty area to flatten it out. He would have left a mighty dent in the ground if he had gone down, especially if he thought he would get a penalty. Shame on the Marazion lads who let him dance round them, he probably promised them a pint after the match if they would get out of his way. :clapper:

Gwinear 2 2 Goonhaven .

A good game of football???? that was never going to happen on a subbuteo sized pitch!!!gwinear did have a decent chunk of the game but goonhavern also hit the post and easily had the quality to win this game but it never happened!the gwinear keeper was also far more agile than his figure suggested he was going to be!!a point won for gwinear and 2 lost for goonhavern from what i witnessed!! as a neutral spectator i might add!!

"neutral spectator" lol Like Gwinear attract the neutrals, what a laugh. Don't bite Boufy.

Gwinear 2 2 Goonhaven .

newbie you obviously was watching a different game mate!!!!! the only football goonhavern played was passing across the back four looked great, but really never going to cause gwin problems especially as you just booted long after a couple of passes.(pointless) expected much tougher game!!! mining one is a two horse race on that showing. :P

Gwinear 2 2 Goonhaven .

"neutral spectator" lol Like Gwinear attract the neutrals, what a laugh. Don't bite Boufy.

I was about to say the same thing imagine a neutral finding their way to Gwinear !! As for the rest of the post its laughable :wacko: clearly two tokens short.

MINING LEAGUE DIV 1

RESULT.

SENNEN 1 V ILLOGAN RBL 2

FAIR RESULT IN THE END..ILLOGAN JUST ABOUT DESERVED THEIR VICTORY...BUT LEADING 2-0...SENNEN FOUND A WAY BACK INTO THE GAME..AFTER PAUL JACKSON LOBBED THE KEEPER...AND IN THE DYING MOMENTS..ROB SPENCE HAD A GREAT CHANCE TO EQUALISE...BUT SHOT OVER THE BAR..

BUT ILLOGAN RAN OUT WINNERS...JAMIE MILLARD HAD A FINE GAME IN GOAL....BUT IT WAS THE USUAL ERRORS,THAT KEEP COSTING US DEAR........BUT WELL DONE TO ILLOGAN WHO ALL BATTLED TO THEIR WIN...ALL THE BEST FOR THIS SEASON.....WE MOVE ON TO NEXT WEEK.!!

MINING LEAGUE DIV 1

RESULT.

SENNEN 1 V ILLOGAN RBL 2

FAIR RESULT IN THE END..ILLOGAN JUST ABOUT DESERVED THEIR VICTORY...BUT LEADING 2-0...SENNEN FOUND A WAY BACK INTO THE GAME..AFTER PAUL JACKSON LOBBED THE KEEPER...AND IN THE DYING MOMENTS..ROB SPENCE HAD A GREAT CHANCE TO EQUALISE...BUT SHOT OVER THE BAR..

BUT ILLOGAN RAN OUT WINNERS...JAMIE MILLARD HAD A FINE GAME IN GOAL....BUT IT WAS THE USUAL ERRORS,THAT KEEP COSTING US DEAR........BUT WELL DONE TO ILLOGAN WHO ALL BATTLED TO THEIR WIN...ALL THE BEST FOR THIS SEASON.....WE MOVE ON TO NEXT WEEK.!!

Cheers Norry....it was a difficult game to play in today, awkward pitch, strong wind & competitive team who gave as good as they got....we're still not a full strength, our left winger playing in goal, who did a cracking job by the way, but we got the 3 points I think we deserved overall on creating chances. Good luck fellas next week against newlyn, a very similar team to yourselves & should be a good local derby.

As for your keeper he is top draw...had a great game & superb kicking all day.....see you in at our place...

Marksy, Ben was up the club again.......he was haggling with Dickie about the cost of a box of Cheese & Onion.......I wander why....? He said he would clean my boots though.........good times... :thumbsup:

Mining 3

Praze 5 - St Buryan 1

Didn't show up today, well not in the first half and that was when the damage was done.

Lost it from kick off as we were not switched on and Praze just strolled through and put one away. We came back straight away with a finish from Gary. We then had some crazy moments on the pitch not long after what with new, out of position and missing players we didn't cope with it and Praze took advantage . With our heads down and Praze passing and moving all over the place we struggled. Half time 4 -1 :(

We battled on second half and played better even though we had the gale in our face, but take nothing away from Praze as they're a good side who went on to score their 5th. We did what we could but didn't get hold of the ball as we struggled with the conditions.

Well done to them, good laugh had with the Praze fella's despite the score line.

Pleased with the Ref who kept the game flowing and for stepping in and sorting out a bit of grief when it came about.

Gwinear 2 2 Goonhaven .

newbie you obviously was watching a different game mate!!!!! the only football goonhavern played was passing across the back four looked great, but really never going to cause gwin problems especially as you just booted long after a couple of passes.(pointless) expected much tougher game!!! mining one is a two horse race on that showing. :P

no-one expected Goonhavern to be in the title hunt...so any away games at teams like Gwinear is always going to be difficult...because Gwinear's pitch is a great leveller....having played many games on it myself...not many teams come away with a result..so a 2-2 draw is creditable and keeps Goonhavern on course for a decent position in the league..

Threemilestone 2 Storm 3

Great result for Storm who are finally getting back to full strength, the wind was crazy and at only 2-1 down at half time against the wind, having scored 2 own goals and probably being the better side we were confident we would go on and win.

Overall a good performance from Storm and looking forward to constantine next week in the Junior Cup.

Threemilestone 2 Storm 3

Great result for Storm who are finally getting back to full strength, the wind was crazy and at only 2-1 down at half time against the wind, having scored 2 own goals and probably being the better side we were confident we would go on and win.

Overall a good performance from Storm and looking forward to constantine next week in the Junior Cup.

Cracking free kick from Storms number 6 to make it 2 - 2 :D

Luffy,

it was a shocking refusal of the penalty, it was like a 18 stone Paulo Di Canio bursting into the box and the young lad that tripped me apoligised for bringing me down................

Good to see Dave Massey still playing well and a quality own goal :yahoo: :yahoo:

NEWLYN 5 HALSETOWN 4

A great win for Newlyn who snatch the win in the last minutes. After playing really well the last three or four games and getting nothing, this was probably are poorest performance but we showed great determination to get back in the game.

Went 1-0 down after having most of the possession, only to reply minutes later from a great header from Andrew Palmer. The game then turned a bit sour when Halsetown's captain decided to head butted our skipper off the ball. After our skipper said he couldn't see a offside decision from where he was, Halsetown's skipper replied with "i'm gonna break your ******* legs" and "i'm gonna go right through you"!, then when he turned away, nutted him in the eye (tough guy!). Newlyn then went to tell the ref who had seen nothing, but not only did the small minded nonce who done it say it was our captain who'd head butted him, his head was pissing blood everywhere (as though he'd actually be head butted!) and had to go off the pitch, so he looked even more off a idiot than before!

Newlyn stepped off the gas after the incident , a little shocked nothing had happen to the Halsetown skipper, who had to go off another two times for blood!!! :D Some slack playing eventually lead to us going into the break 3-1 down on a windy Cape Cornwall pitch.

After the break Newlyn came out all guns blazing and managed to pull it back to 3-2, when Leo Gwynn picked up a through ball and calmly slotted the ball under the keeper. Then a few minutes later from a corner Adam Strowger made it 3-3 with a well taken half volley in the box. Both teams then had chances to take the lead with Pete Bainbridge making some outstanding one-on-one save for Newlyn, and then we faded again and after 3 players let the ball go past them, Halsetown scored a tap in to make it 4-3.

Halsetown then started to apply pressure, sensing the 3 points, we were playing awfully and didn't look like getting anything. From a Halsetwon corner a great run from his own box by Paul Robbins, set up Adam Strowger who knocked the ball inside the defender and blasted the ball across the keeper and into the roof of the net! 4-4 with five minutes to go. In the last two minutes Newlyn won a free kick from just inside the Halsetown half, Max Mitchell floated in a great ball behind the Halsetown defence for the skipper Louis Vanhinsbergh to head the winner 5-4! Now that's karma!

A great result, especially after not playing anywhere near our best and the dirty head butt! Hopefully this will get our season back on track. Great performances from Pete Bainbridge and Max Mitchell, and a good debut for new signing Kelvin Batt!

Gulval res 5 v 0 Newlyn N/A

Gulval was pretty much in control of the game from the 1st minute. Newlyns keeper keeping them in the game in the first half, not only making half a dozen goal line saves but also saving a penalty from Chris Parkinson! Gulvals attacking play was awesome on occasions, with some very good football being played.

0-0 H/T.

Gulval came out of the blocks in a similar fashion as they finished the 1st half, midfield breaking up play well and feeding our wide men who, i thought was devastating, plenty of pace and good crossing.

Tom " mocky " Mockford opened the scoring, with Charlie Pearce, Jamie Harrison, Anthony Nicholas and Mocky scoring a second.Newlyn was reduced to 2 shots all game, which is a credit to our general play, we worked hard all over the pitch and snuffed out their attacking potential.

Good day at the office as we are now settling in to a little bit of consistant form, also i would like to say well done to Newlyn, who never gave up and made it enjoyable game. Credit to you lads, as they stayed for a

drink too, :thumbsup:

Good luck to Ian Philips who was injured after 20 mins!!

There is no way that a passing football game could have been played on that gwinear pitch, the return fixture will be interestin, bigger pitch, is this where goonhaverns quality on the ball will shine through, i think yes. Bring on the return fixture! All in all, an entertainin game with chances for both sides to win it. Gd luck for the rest of the season :drink:

Threemilestone 2 Storm 3

Cracking free kick from Storms number 6 to make it 2 - 2 :D

WHO WAS THAT THEN???

Well done to threemilestone never gave up we played the better football and deserved the win and as matchu says side is getting back to full strength and we can only get better bring on constantine who will not be easy at all area finalists last year!!! Man of the Match Titchy for me but the side all over the park where outstanding!! well done lads. Hi Marksy!!!

There is no way that a passing football game could have been played on that gwinear pitch, the return fixture will be interestin, bigger pitch, is this where goonhaverns quality on the ball will shine through, i think yes. Bring on the return fixture! All in all, an entertainin game with chances for both sides to win it. Gd luck for the rest of the season :drink:

QUALITY ON THE BALL :P !!! I LIKE THAT , YOU TALK A GOOD GAME :blink:

We all know the pitch is small but when we played there a couple of weeks ago it was in great condition & couldnt fault it.

We all know the pitch is small but when we played there a couple of weeks ago it was in great condition & couldnt fault it.

THANKYOU BAGGIE MARK HAS WORKED VERY HARD ON THE PITCH AND ITS IN GREAT CONDITION , YES ITS SMALL BUT QUALITY SHINES THROUGH ON ANY SIZE AS YOU BOYS PROVED WHEN YOU PASSED US OFF THE FIELD 2ND HALF A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. LIKE I SAID THEY TALK A GOOD GAME :thumbsup:

TMS 2-3 Storm

Storm wernt amazing we were dog s**t

Free kick was a good goal

both are goals were lucky!

Storm deserved the win!

ref was<_< .............. im not even going to bother! Altho he probs reffed the game better then we played football!

Storm are a really good bunch of lads exept one annoying little ****** number 7 i think he was

good luck for the season! :thumbsup:

Ah yeah... everyone in the mining league knows who that is... and I wasn't even at the game. From what I hear though TMS took their eyes off the game and paid him a little too much attention.

I played for Storm last season and kicked the shit out of him at Trevenson! Now he is a team mate, football is such a strange game eh?

i dunno if that was the cas. The ref got us fustrated so for some annoying reason we just decided we were gonna foul you every possible time we could instead of playing the football we know we could! It also seemed we were only going to play one way of football and that was the long ball which your keeper and defence dominated!

Rosudgeon Res 1 Trevenson 4

Where do i start,Rosudgeon simply never turned up saturday.It was a terrible 1st half,Which was pretty even.

Then 2nd half we took a 1.0 lead through Simon Taylor,But Trevenson drew level almost instantly.There was still no reaction from the lads.Trevenson went on to score 3 more,1 being a penalty that never was.

Trevenson deserved the win although i think there'll agree the scoreline flattered them,But not taking anything away from them they wanted it more than us and that simply is'nt good enough :angry2:

Back to the drawing board,Marazion next week,So we need to get back on track.

Good luck to Trevenson for the rest of the season :c:

Man of the Match Ozzie he did'nt deserve to be on the losing side.

:SM_carton_y:

Carbis Bay played down the slope at St.Ives RFC in the first half with a gale force wind behind them and a sometimes feisty half ensued.Some good saves by the visiting goalkeeper and resolute defending against the wind kept the score at 1-0 although the home team hit the crossbar twice.

Carbis Bay played better against the wind in the second half and dominated possession although Madron hit the crossbar too from distance.

Another 3 points for CBU today and a clean sheet. We didn't play that well today, and to be honest when we came in at h/t with only scoring one goal playing with the wind I did think there was an upset on the cards!!!

However we did find feet in the second half and dominated most of the play, and managed to score another 5! Well done Mikey Peck for smashing another hatrick, and thanks to the ref who was spot on and dealt with the h/t scuffle well. :SM_carton_y:

:SM_carton_y:

Another 3 points for CBU today and a clean sheet. We didn't play that well today, and to be honest when we came in at h/t with only scoring one goal playing with the wind I did think there was an upset on the cards!!!

However we did find feet in the second half and dominated most of the play, and managed to score another 5! Well done Mikey Peck for smashing another hatrick, and thanks to the ref who was spot on and dealt with the h/t scuffle well. :SM_carton_y:

I was Madrons keeper on the day, im signed on for them but play my regular football in FH1 personally thought there was an upset on the cards at half time 2, didnt expect a win but felt at 1-0 we could snatch a draw, we never got going and u guys played a lot better against the wind. If Nicky Stevens wasnt ill, and was on the pitch the scuffle would have been a whole lot worse, no doubt about it!!

Not a bad game to referee to be honest.There was some good football and defending by both teams as they also battled the elements.Still wondering how the Madon keeper made some of those saves.......

The handbags came out after a mistimed tackle by the young defender.Nice to see some passion in Division Three! A chat to both captains,a couple of bookings and were on our way again.Nice of Nicky to take the flag on behalf of Madron and he did a very honest job.

Look forward to see both teams again during the season.

Guest honest joe

NEWLYN 5 HALSETOWN 4

A great win for Newlyn who snatch the win in the last minutes. After playing really well the last three or four games and getting nothing, this was probably are poorest performance but we showed great determination to get back in the game.

Went 1-0 down after having most of the possession, only to reply minutes later from a great header from Andrew Palmer. The game then turned a bit sour when Halsetown's captain decided to head butted our skipper off the ball. After our skipper said he couldn't see a offside decision from where he was, Halsetown's skipper replied with "i'm gonna break your ******* legs" and "i'm gonna go right through you"!, then when he turned away, nutted him in the eye (tough guy!). Newlyn then went to tell the ref who had seen nothing, but not only did the small minded nonce who done it say it was our captain who'd head butted him, his head was pissing blood everywhere (as though he'd actually be head butted!) and had to go off the pitch, so he looked even more off a idiot than before!

Newlyn stepped off the gas after the incident , a little shocked nothing had happen to the Halsetown skipper, who had to go off another two times for blood!!! :D Some slack playing eventually lead to us going into the break 3-1 down on a windy Cape Cornwall pitch.

After the break Newlyn came out all guns blazing and managed to pull it back to 3-2, when Leo Gwynn picked up a through ball and calmly slotted the ball under the keeper. Then a few minutes later from a corner Adam Strowger made it 3-3 with a well taken half volley in the box. Both teams then had chances to take the lead with Pete Bainbridge making some outstanding one-on-one save for Newlyn, and then we faded again and after 3 players let the ball go past them, Halsetown scored a tap in to make it 4-3.

Halsetown then started to apply pressure, sensing the 3 points, we were playing awfully and didn't look like getting anything. From a Halsetwon corner a great run from his own box by Paul Robbins, set up Adam Strowger who knocked the ball inside the defender and blasted the ball across the keeper and into the roof of the net! 4-4 with five minutes to go. In the last two minutes Newlyn won a free kick from just inside the Halsetown half, Max Mitchell floated in a great ball behind the Halsetown defence for the skipper Louis Vanhinsbergh to head the winner 5-4! Now that's karma!

A great result, especially after not playing anywhere near our best and the dirty head butt! Hopefully this will get our season back on track. Great performances from Pete Bainbridge and Max Mitchell, and a good debut for new signing Kelvin Batt!

I think that Newlyn deserved something out of the game but not the 3 points they were given!! The headbutt incident was not seen by anyone so we only have two people words to go by. Halsetown played the better football but were hampered by the wind conditions, and the loss of their centre half and central midfield players. They threw the game away at 3-1 up.

Guest Palmercrab

NEWLYN 5 HALSETOWN 4

I think that Newlyn deserved something out of the game but not the 3 points they were given!! The headbutt incident was not seen by anyone so we only have two people words to go by. Halsetown played the better football but were hampered by the wind conditions, and the loss of their centre half and central midfield players. They threw the game away at 3-1 up.

I saw it from about two feet away, pretty cheap from HT player who ended up worse off

I heard cat has left storm? :o is this true? if so does anyone know why? who he has gone too? i can imagine the travelling from plymouth has somethig to do with it! I think storm were lucky to have a p[layer of his ability! could play at a very very higher level! this will surely upset the lads and manager at storm as i heard he was the one to look for when teams played against you?! 50 goals a season i heard?! how will you guys replace him!!

R.S.B! :c: