Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League 24/10/09 Results

i dunno if that was the cas. The ref got us fustrated so for some annoying reason we just decided we were gonna foul you every possible time we could instead of playing the football we know we could! It also seemed we were only going to play one way of football and that was the long ball which your keeper and defence dominated!

Fair play. Sounds like a good game any way.

I dont know if anyone heard but Cockerkneeboy scored a free kick haha! See Facebook for more details of this goal!

I heard cat has left storm? :o is this true? if so does anyone know why? who he has gone too? i can imagine the travelling from plymouth has somethig to do with it! I think storm were lucky to have a p[layer of his ability! could play at a very very higher level! this will surely upset the lads and manager at storm as i heard he was the one to look for when teams played against you?! 50 goals a season i heard?! how will you guys replace him!!

R.S.B! :c:

Cat is that you? Nobody other than you would say such nice things about you! haha :D

I think the reason was that he was on the bench.... but I wasn't at the game so it may of been something else.

Stu Hull also left from what I hear.

Dixie signed back on so softens the blow.

Guest Storm Follower 08/09

No pricey, it wasnt me. but thank you for being so kind buddy! Im not going into the reason i left. All i'll say is i wish storm all the best for the rest of the season. the last 3-4 years have been a pleasure. Hope you reach your goal of combo football.

Cat :ninja:

Well best of luck mate... I'll make sure a few of the boys come up to Plymuff for a night on the lash sometime, get all the old boys back together.

Whatever your reason the choice is yours and nobody will have any bad feeling towards you, so if you decide you want to come back sometime it wouldn't be an issue.

As for Combo football I think we have to be realistic there, we are not ready for it. A few players are good enough but the club, in my opinion, needs a better structure before it goes anywhere. Mining league 1 is a good league and once it merges with the FHL next year the top division will be very tough. I think it should be the aim of the club to make sure we are in that first of all!

So is it Wessex for you or off to Gunni with the rest of the lads?

Unfortunately for Cat he fell victim to the problem that has plagued us for years, if a player travels all the way down from plymouth should that guarrantee starting????

For years I have said that it doesn't matter where you have come from all players should be treated the same, as I do not think it is right to judge a player solely on the distance they have travelled to get there.

Our start to the season was severely damaged by players suddenly deciding to play for a local club rather than make the journey down and we have only just recovered from our Plymouth hangover. Cue Taffy saying I told you so!!!

Its unfortunate as I love Cat to bits and he is a good player, however he has made his decision as he was unhappy being on the bench for 70 mins last week, having spent a lot of money to get to the game.

I would love him to stay but if what players are asking for is preferential treatment I think maybe another club is what is needed. Much as I would hate to lose a very talented player and wish he would stay.

Guest Storm Follower 08/09

Well best of luck mate... I'll make sure a few of the boys come up to Plymuff for a night on the lash sometime, get all the old boys back together.

Whatever your reason the choice is yours and nobody will have any bad feeling towards you, so if you decide you want to come back sometime it wouldn't be an issue.

As for Combo football I think we have to be realistic there, we are not ready for it. A few players are good enough but the club, in my opinion, needs a better structure before it goes anywhere. Mining league 1 is a good league and once it merges with the FHL next year the top division will be very tough. I think it should be the aim of the club to make sure we are in that first of all!

So is it Wessex for you or off to Gunni with the rest of the lads?

nah i think im just guna sign for illogan.....haha joking! and NO im not going gunni im guna sign for a team called wessex up here, top of the top league....great team....great manager and they have approached me with open arms. cant complain! u shud come up pricey! :thumbsup:

nah i think im just guna sign for illogan.....haha joking! and NO im not going gunni im guna sign for a team called wessex up here, top of the top league....great team....great manager and they have approached me with open arms. cant complain! u shud come up pricey! :thumbsup:

I doubt he will come up there mate, hard enough job getting a pint from the lad let alone the train fare :D

If I bought people a pint the chances are I would have finished it before I got back to the tables.. if you want one you will have to accompany me to the bar!

And Cat my friend, I would love to try out a different league sometime but I get pissed off driving to places like Penzance... not much chance of me trecking to Plymouth weekly. Like I said before fair play to those of you who came down regularly!

I dont know if anyone heard but Cockerkneeboy scored a free kick

You cheeky fu**er coming on here saying that, Yes I scored and yes I was happy (Not often I get up that end of the pitch now) Just wait until I see you next he he

In all fairness though it was an awesome free kick :D:D:D

I heard it was a mis hit cross??. :P;) :c:

Guest kopidol8

Rosudgeon Res 1 Trevenson 4

Where do i start,Rosudgeon simply never turned up saturday.It was a terrible 1st half,Which was pretty even.

Then 2nd half we took a 1.0 lead through Simon Taylor,But Trevenson drew level almost instantly.There was still no reaction from the lads.Trevenson went on to score 3 more,1 being a penalty that never was.

Trevenson deserved the win although i think there'll agree the scoreline flattered them,But not taking anything away from them they wanted it more than us and that simply is'nt good enough :angry2:

Back to the drawing board,Marazion next week,So we need to get back on track.

Good luck to Trevenson for the rest of the season :c:

Man of the Match Ozzie he did'nt deserve to be on the losing side.

Obviously playing in a different game to me then. Trevenson should have had 5 or 6 more if our striker was more aware of who was around him and passed the ball for simple tap ins.