Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 26/09/09

Mining 2

Trispen 5 - 2 Mount Ambrose (h/t 3-0)

1st half we were crap didnt turn up and could have been 5 or 6 down, Trispen scored after about 2 mins when our stand in keeper missed a long ball and could only palm it into his own net from then on it was all Trispen. Half time we made two changes and for the next 15mins were the better team scored one and had quite a few chances but got caught on the break when another long ball was missed by our keeper to make it 4-1 end to end stuff from then on but we again got caught pushing forward for Trispen to make it 5-1 we scored a late 2nd but all in all a bad day at the office and Trispen deserved the win.

Good luck to Trispen for the rest of the season and bring on St Day in the Junior cup next week

Would have enjoyed the run out V Chacewater reserves but 3 points is 3 points. Hope you sort things out soon there Nigel!

St Buryan 3 Robartes 2

3 cracking goals both the Robartes goals and Garath May screamer from a very lucky free kick!

Robartes were not at their best and some will say St Buryan deserved it for the footie they played. But if Robartes were bad then it was good enough to match one of the contenders for a long long time.

Can only apologise to Gulval FC and the players,Mike.Manager is on the second week of his holiday and although i wasn't standing in for him,i was on the phone last night and this morning trying to find players in order to fulfill the fixture.

With Junior Cup next week it gives a little breathing space to take a good look at things.

Mining 3

Rosudgeon 2-0 Perranporth

2 Pens

No complaints with the result, they were the better side. Were missing 5, including two forwards meaning we were pretty much toothless up front. However you still have to beat whats in front of you with the team you have and we simply weren't good enough.

Mining League Div. 1

Trevenson Utd. 3 .v. Storm 7

Goalscorers - Reece (?), Shaun Isaacs and Scott Gunn.

Mining League Div. 3

St. Ives Mariners 6 .v. Trevenson Utd. Res. 5

A cracking game for the neutral! Not so much for those of us involved! Individual errors, players not being marked and, to be fair, a couple of quality finishes were our undoing defensively. Going forward we had some good interlinking play and some switched balls that opened St. Ives up. A bit of work and a few words at training this week no doubt for both sides.

Goalscorers - Shaun Wilkins (4), Nathan Watling.

Mining 2

West Cornwall 3 - 0 St Agnes

An impressive performance from the West Cornwall boys,finally the squad is coming together as is the level of performance and the results. First half took control ealry and a flowing move set Owain Barrett free and he beat the keeper at the near post with a neat finish. Some more good play and movement allowed Ryan Cooper to set Graham Stirr free for 2 nil, St Agnes had a couple chances from crosses but the defence of West Cornwall stood firm. Stirr added his second and West Cornwall's third in the middle of the first half and the score should've been more with Kemp hitting the post and Matt Reynolds firing wide.

H/T 3 -0 (been here before!!!)

Second half St Agnes looked more dangerous and West Cornwall stood off a little too much and played some aimless passes which was disappointing, but the lead was never really tested.

F/T 3 - 0 (clean sheet!!!)

Thanks to St Agnes, good luck for the season, top referee this week too.

Titans 6 CNB 0.

A CNB 11 was given a lesson by the league leaders in a well spirited game of football on a gorgeous saturday afternoon. Titans season of higher league football showed as they pressured CNB from the start playing some great football and spreading the ball all over the pitch using every inch of it.

Cornish never gave up but Titans were far too good on the day.

Good luck for the season guys you will be a very hard team for anyone in Mining 2 to beat. Thank you.

Titans 6 CNB 0.

A CNB 11 was given a lesson by the league leaders in a well spirited game of football on a gorgeous saturday afternoon. Titans season of higher league football showed as they pressured CNB from the start playing some great football and spreading the ball all over the pitch using every inch of it.

Cornish never gave up but Titans were far too good on the day.

Good luck for the season guys you will be a very hard team for anyone in Mining 2 to beat. Thank you.

Many thanks Gaff thought as a team u were strong but we are scoring & dominating games at the minute with 16 players to keep happy everyone of them wants to prove their worth right now. Thought the ref was an absolute joke cannot be dealing with refs that dont listen & have to shout so everyone can here you being told off like a naughty school boy. Anyway 6 from 6 so far so good long way to go some good sides coming up thanks to all the CNB boys & well done.

Storm 7 trevenson 3

Storm were well below par today and were pushed by a spirited trevenson side, we should have been losing at half time instead of 2-1 up, however second half we were much better.

Bit bizarre to start with 10 men for the first 10 minutes????

Still we did ok,

Also great to see the 2nds win again as they have had a tough time with injuries and losing players well done to the new manager leon and his team.

Gwinear CT 1 Illogan 6

Good game Gwinear were in complete control for the first 20 minutes taking the lead and missing a couple of great chances to go two up , before we committed defensive suicide under no pressure at all we conceded two very poor goals , the half finished with Illogan starting to find there feet . Second half Illogan played very well and deserved their win playing some very good football :clapper: . Referee was superb :thumbsup: , we won't get into the twelfth man lino debate as that's a separate topic on here. :wacko:

Gwinear 1 - IllOgan Res 6

Gwinear came out fired right up & deserdley took the lead early on...but after some frustrating defending we managed to claw our way back when Paradise tried a deft header back to the keeper but Calloway tucked it between the keepers legs to bring us level....after that we seemed to click & started to play much better, went in 1-2 at h/t but came out much better.....goals disalowed for both sides & plenty of chances wasted but all in all we deserved the win.....Gwinear a decent outfit & won't be push overs, got to say the pitch was in great nick although small but eh.....pub closed so straight back to Illogan for beers....good times...

Scorers.

L Helan 3

A Calloway 1

J Buckley 1 ( Pen )

J Martin 1

C Long 1

Gwinear CT 1 Illogan 6

Good game Gwinear were in complete control for the first 20 minutes taking the lead and missing a couple of great chances to go two up , before we committed defensive suicide under no pressure at all we conceded two very poor goals , the half finished with Illogan starting to find there feet . Second half Illogan played very well and deserved their win playing some very good football :clapper: . Referee was superb :thumbsup: , we won't get into the twelfth man lino debate as that's a separate topic on here. :wacko:

Lino's the same both sides.....maybe they made some mistakes but eh....you could criticise ours but but what about yours......best not to go in to it....good luck for the rest of the season & maybe see you soon...

Gwinear CT 1 Illogan 6

Lino's the same both sides.....maybe they made some mistakes but eh....you could criticise ours but but what about yours......best not to go in to it....good luck for the rest of the season & maybe see you soon...

Referee Nigel Nicholls Top ref......and being asessed.....done well

Can only apologise to Gulval FC and the players,Mike.Manager is on the second week of his holiday and although i wasn't standing in for him,i was on the phone last night and this morning trying to find players in order to fulfill the fixture.

With Junior Cup next week it gives a little breathing space to take a good look at things.

That's all very well, but The General (Gulval 1st team manager) returned from 2 weeks holiday himself this week. And when he was away, we fulfilled 2 league fixtures, one against TMS and the other against Four Lanes (two top sides going well, obtaining 1 point from a possible 6).

Whilst this is no fault of "Soccer Follower", what punishment will be handed out to Chacewater, if any? OK, Gulval get the points, but if Chacewater decide they can't fulfil another game later in the season, so what, it's only another 3 points, "we're not going to win the league and we probably would have lost anyway" is a fair attitude, isn't it.........

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

you can't honestly compare the two lino's today ?

Like I said I'm not going into the Officials......they didnt cost you the game but thats the way it is.

Your quite right Baggie your team totally out played us second half with some great football . Our keeper was motm and you may have hit double figures if not for his heroics .

Our lino today has only played football for 12 months and flagged off side for your 3rd goal but when the ref spoke to him he admitted he had it wrong and the ref gave the goal as it was a square ball played .

you can't honestly compare the two lino's today ?

Like I said I'm not going into the Officials......they didnt cost you the game but thats the way it is.

Your quite right Baggie your team totally out played us second half with some great football . Our keeper was motm and you may have hit double figures if not for his heroics .

Our lino today has only played football for 12 months and flagged off side for your 3rd goal but when the ref spoke to him he admitted he had it wrong and the ref gave the goal as it was a square ball played .

Fair one mate I wasnt havin a pop..but over all we deserved the 3 pts...like I said look forward to playing you again

Storm 7 trevenson 3

Storm were well below par today and were pushed by a spirited trevenson side, we should have been losing at half time instead of 2-1 up, however second half we were much better.

Bit bizarre to start with 10 men for the first 10 minutes????

Still we did ok,

Also great to see the 2nds win again as they have had a tough time with injuries and losing players well done to the new manager leon and his team.

sorry guys there was no ref and i had to sort out the kids, you did alright without me and we won so i apoligise matt. see you saturday and the evening out with the wags next week.

well done to trevenson vastly improving side with new signings on board they will get better as the season goes on. I agree with you matt we didn't play anything like we have been over the last few weeks but as ashley said sometimes you have to win ugly and we did this today and well done to ashley on his debut cracking keeper.

St Buryan 3 Robartes 2

Finally Buryan started playin football!

1 up at half time and in control of the game.

2 screamers from Robartes early in the second half gave them the advantage but Buryan replied straight away to make it 2-2.

Gareth May made it 3-2 to Buryan with a corker of a strike with about 20 mins to go.

Buryan defended there avantage to hold on for a much needed 3 points.

Fair play to Robartes who didn't give up. The best game i've been involved in this season so far.

:c:

Mining 3

Rosudgeon Res 2 Perranporth 0

Well,Well,Well.

Really fantastic performance from the lad's today.

Rosudgeon were missing 3 or 4 today,Including arguably 2 of our best players of the season so far in Geordie Dean and Ging Jon,With just 2 on the bench,With 1 being the Gaffer.

Everyone that came in,Was top notch,And slotted in perfectly with great effort.

The lad's dug deep, Played our game,Did'nt worry about all the hype surrounding Per'pht's start to the season,And concentrated on our game and not there's.We matched them man for man and then some!!

In fairness to Perranporth there a good side,But i honestly can't remember Ozzie making a save,All he done was controlled his box superbly,Caught everything or punched clear.

There is a case for getting under Perranporths skin,As they do fall out with each other quite easily,And bite a little to easy.

Everything about the Rosudgeon performance clicked today,Which was always going to happen sooner or later,There is a real belief and fight in the squad now with the spirit growing every week.Which can only be good for the future.

I honestly could'nt single just 1 player out for praise today as it was the complete team performance,Every single lad played for each other with everything they had.

As much as we will enjoy the result today,Wednesday its back to training and heads on saturdays game.

First clean sheet of the season.Top class,Defending right from Jozzie up front.

Goals.

Simon Taylor 2

Man Of The Match: Complete Rosudgeon squad.

Would just like to say what a top,top fella the Perranporth lino was,A very honest performance and should really be reffing games,Fantastic common-sense,And true pro :clapper: :clapper:

Mining 1

Newlyn 4 - 5 Goonhavern (HT 2-2)

Goonhavern took a 2-0 lead before Newlyn battled back to get a penalty and an OG to make 2-2 at half time. Newlyn then took the lead twice, before Goonhavern equalised each time and then got the winner. Fair enough game but understrength Newlyn felt they should have at least got a point from the game.. Ah well...

Robartes were not at their best and some will say St Buryan deserved it for the footie they played. But if Robartes were bad then it was good enough to match one of the contenders for a long long time.

I know I've been out and had a few beer's Mike but this is all a bit cryptic, what exactly do you mean?

Mining 3

Goonhavern res 6 Newlyn Res 2

First 20 minutes were tight and both sides lacked some composure in front of goal...we managed to nick one from a cross cum shot that bobbled into the corner of the net and then part from a messy 5 minutes late in the 2nd half we were mostly on top..could of easily scored double figures...Ref was good...haven't come across him before (in all my years in the Mining Leagues) and Newlyn never gave up...so would wish them well for the rest of the season............Goonhavern scorers..Andy Mills (3)...Kurt (2) and Justin...hopefully this result should kickstart the reserves season at last...

Mining 1

Newlyn 1sts 4 - 5 Goonhavern 1sts

Great to see the 1sts win again....in a see-saw game at Newlyn....another 5-4 result!!....not for the faint hearted!!

Carbis Bay Utd 4 - 0 Gulval res

To be honest I feel this was a game of two halves. CBU played out of thier skins first half and controled most of the game. We played some nice football and settled early in the game, the firt came from a Mike Antonini cross into box wich Mikey Peck headed into net. The second was a pen after Lee Norman made a nicerun into box and got taken down, who then scored pen, but was made to retake and scored again. The third came from Mikey Peck who worked like a dog up front today and bagged another before half time.

Second half Gulval came out strong and changed the game, CBU seemed very complaciant and could have conceeded, but managed to do enough to keep Gulval at bay. We scored the fourth on the counter with Gulval putting 3 up front and we managed to score on the counter attack through some quick football an stevie Hoskings finding the net. Gulval played some neat football at times but were unlucky not to score.

Would like to tank the Gulval lads for a good game and say thanks to Gulval manager who ref very well. Best of luck lads, hope food was ok.

Thanks again CBU

Mining 3

Wendron 2 - St Buryan 3

Phew, left it a bit late but got there in the end.

Good quality open game with both teams moving the ball around the park, we had our chances early on but they didn't go our way. Then it was Wendron's turn for a chance which Martin was unlucky not to hold the shot and for it spill across the goal for a tap in, heads went down and we nearly paid the price as they nearly scored soon after from some sloppy marking.

Second half we continued with some good football but so did Wendron who had very skillful player in the middle who went on to score a cracking team goal! The sod!!

But take your hats off for our Gaffer who changed formation with 15 to go and within minutes we had corner that Paul poked home, then not long after that Paul went on a cracking run around the defender and put it away :clapper: . Happy days !

Thought we'd see it out for a point. BUT NO :blink: there was more, Jowan picked up a pass from midfield turned and went at the defender put the ball past him but was taken down just outside the box. Up stepped Danny to blast in the winner!!

Thanks to Wendron for a cracking battle, especially in midfield i enjoyed that! Thanks to the ref also (nice to finally get one !).

I know I've been out and had a few beer's Mike but this is all a bit cryptic, what exactly do you mean?

Someone on the side was saying that Robartes were a bad side. My point Ian was that I agreed that they were below par but and as good as St Buryan were the gap was not huge. As you and I know very well you have to put the game away when you are on top.

I am sure you enjoyed your pint last night and was was happy to put a couple of quid in the raffle box. Nice day in the sun, but tell me was the muck spreading neccesary? :thumbsup:

thanks gaff for the good words.the spirit in the club is very good at present both on and off the pitch.we are playing well at the moment but football has a habit of kicking you in the nuts when you least expect it. looking forward to sennen in the junior cup next week. could we win our first ever game in the junior cup!!!!!!! lets hope so. we had two very good games against them last season,should be a cracker :c:

MADRON 9 - 0 HALSETOWN

Great result good luck to halsetown for the rest of the season

Matt thomas 3 Jamie mooney 2 Dan burt 2 Dean vigus 1 Dale vigus 1

Keep it up matty mate 17 in 5 games awesome mate

Carbis Bay Utd 4 - 0 Gulval res

To be honest I feel this was a game of two halves. CBU played out of thier skins first half and controled most of the game. We played some nice football and settled early in the game, the firt came from a Mike Antonini cross into box wich Mikey Peck headed into net. The second was a pen after Lee Norman made a nicerun into box and got taken down, who then scored pen, but was made to retake and scored again. The third came from Mikey Peck who worked like a dog up front today and bagged another before half time.

Second half Gulval came out strong and changed the game, CBU seemed very complaciant and could have conceeded, but managed to do enough to keep Gulval at bay. We scored the fourth on the counter with Gulval putting 3 up front and we managed to score on the counter attack through some quick football an stevie Hoskings finding the net. Gulval played some neat football at times but were unlucky not to score.

Would like to tank the Gulval lads for a good game and say thanks to Gulval manager who ref very well. Best of luck lads, hope food was ok.

Thanks again CBU

thats my boy mikey peck, :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Mining 3

Wendron 2 - St Buryan 3

Phew, left it a bit late but got there in the end.

Good quality open game with both teams moving the ball around the park, we had our chances early on but they didn't go our way. Then it was Wendron's turn for a chance which Martin was unlucky not to hold the shot and for it spill across the goal for a tap in, heads went down and we nearly paid the price as they nearly scored soon after from some sloppy marking.

Second half we continued with some good football but so did Wendron who had very skillful player in the middle who went on to score a cracking team goal! The sod!!

But take your hats off for our Gaffer who changed formation with 15 to go and within minutes we had corner that Paul poked home, then not long after that Paul went on a cracking run around the defender and put it away :clapper: . Happy days !

Thought we'd see it out for a point. BUT NO :blink: there was more, Jowan picked up a pass from midfield turned and went at the defender put the ball past him but was taken down just outside the box. Up stepped Danny to blast in the winner!!

Thanks to Wendron for a cracking battle, especially in midfield i enjoyed that! Thanks to the ref also (nice to finally get one !).

Cracking game, good physical battle in the centre of the park which i really enjoyed (apart from the massive bruise on me foot which stopped me playing today)! thought we were unlucky to lose, stamina n heart showed which says alot for us!