Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell - title contenders?

A good chance i would say,good teamspirit and a lot of good local boys wanting to play for town,an excellent win at penryn in midweek. Good defensively and some good goalscorers in the team,Glyn doing an excellent job and a good mix of youth and expeirience including a few old foxhole boys :angry2:

And i bet you would,nt have took robbie keane off glyn losing 2-1 to 10 man man utd :SM_carton_y:

i would say that they have a great shout of bein up there, we havent played a team like them since are dickin down there, we didnt play great but i think that was because they didnt let us, dingle and body upfront are always lively and there back four is solid, gotta probably say they were favourites, havent seen anything of perranporth yet but obviously heard all the comments pre season, bit strange wats goin on at newquay at the mo cus i honestly thought they would take some stoppin, div 1 west is shaping up nicely with teams beating each other all over the shop!!

Speaking as a supporter, we certainly didn't expect the result down at Penryn on Wednesday. It was a great result and great to see the Lillywhites playing some attractive football. The performance on Saturday wasn't great but it was another 3 points. Difficult game next for us, away to Plymstock and hopefully a decent crowd the week after for the visit of Liskeard in the Throgmorton Cup.

Haven't seen them this season (last season : 3 wins v Nqy and a home loss to Port). Whilst admiring their style of play (and detesting their other antics), I would like to point out that 6 of their matches have been against BOTTOM 7 clubs. Yes, you can only win the games and score plenty of goals but I would suggest this is too early for this topic.

You can only beat the teams you play, and when the season started would people expect Penryn and Callington to be in their respective positions in the division at the moment?There's a long way to go, and Saturday's game at Plymstock will be our first game against one of the possible contenders so we'll see what happens. Even if we have played some of the teams in the bottom half of the table, we still have to go out and win the games.

Early days yet!!!!!!!

Think Gary P is our BEST GK and prob the best in the league, although Matt played very well against Mousehole.

in my opinion James Gill at millbrook is the best keeper in div one west , and id go as far as saying in the premier as well , cant comment on the east as i havent seen enough of it.

Of course St Austell are title contenders!!! It will be between them and Perranporth but with alot of twist and turns along the way

End of discussion then ???? Nanks has spoken !!!!! still wouldnt write off newquay or a plymouth team as a darkhorse !!!!! Also if millbrook can start scoring goals i dont think we will be far off ,

millbrook follower:

in my opinion James Gill at millbrook is the best keeper in div one west , and id go as far as saying in the premier as well , cant comment on the east as i havent seen enough of it.

chapman , stevenson , elphick , blackler , miller , need i carry on ? bad shout

Glassup??!!

millbrook follower:

chapman , stevenson , elphick , blackler , miller , need i carry on ? bad shout

I dont think its a bad shout at all , and think he is better than all of the above mentioned !!!!!

Anyway, going back to the original subject rather than "who's the best keeper in the league?", it should be an interesting game tomorrow against Plymstock for the Lillywhites. Both teams are going well, so it will be a tough match, not seen Plymstock this season so don't know how they play. Thought that the Judge may have added a comment to this thread, or maybe he's lying low after his appearance on the back page of the St Austell Voice :P

Wasn't really a test up at Plymstock. Admittadly they were probably the best team we've played this season, but still should've been no competition for us on our day. All around the pitch we were poor, and all credit to Plymstock in taking there chances well, and punishing us for our weak performance. Think we needed a game like that to give ourselves a kick up the rear for our forthcoming games. It's great that the league is wide open this year, and really is anyones! Still plenty of shock results coming in!

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Rumours coming from TIPPEE on the FA Vase/SWPL results thread...

Yesterday, 09:19 PM Post #44

Tippee

Lee Bradd left? Bromley suspended for a further 3 games? Crapp leaving for Bristol? Dingle heading to Biscovey and his dad and coach Andy leaving too? Many players very restless with decisions, selections and game plans? Anyone inside St Austell FC confirm?

The only one confirmed by anyone is that Adam Bromley was sent off on Saturday and will be suspended again... no other info but someone did say that Richard Crapp will be working in Bristol. As for Dad and Lad, who knows ? Lee Bradd, anyones guess.

All clubs have early season problems with players leaving for pastures new, suspensions, holidays, weddings etc, far too early to say who will win the league but most pundits still say anyone of 6.

To give them their true title 'A.F.C. St.Austell'.

recognised by the County FA but not always by the SWPL

Have the club got planning permission(floodlights) in order to progress to the Premier division next season?

Clubs who could progress at this present time-Porthleven currently 4th,Truro City Reserves?? 9th,Newquay 10th,Millbrook 12th and Penryn 15th.

Could be a relegation reprieve for a Premier club next May.