Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL RESULTS 12/09/2009

FALMOUTH ALBION 4 ST.KEVERNE 0

2 FANTASTIC FINISHES FROM RYAN JAMES WHO DIDNT LET RECENT EVENTS EFFECT HIS FOOTBALL, AN AMAZING FINISH FROM K-DOGG AKA KEIR DENT AND A RIFLE OF A FREEKICK FROM JOE BENNEY FROM AN ACCUTE ANGEL WRAPPED 4 OUT OF 5 WINS FOR ALBION. MELVILLE MUST BE PRAISED FOR SPENDING HIS ENTIRE TRANSFER BUDGET ON CONTRACT RENEWALS AND IMPROVING TRAINING. ST KEVERNE BATTLED HARD FIRST AND WERE THE BETTER TEAM BUT ALBION LOOKED AT THEMSELVES HALF TIME AND CAME OUT DESTROYED ST KEVERNE. GREAT RESULT

GOOD LUCK TO ST KEVERNE FOR SEASON

FHFL division 3

wendron 4ths 1 Lanner 5

Lanner continued their good start to the season with a good performance against a good wendron side. The first half was quite even with both goalkeepers making some good saves but lanner went in 3-1 up at the break. After the break both sides continued to play good football but lanner could only manage 2 more goals. That makes it 2 wins and 1 draw in Lanners 1st three games. Good luck to wendron for the rest of the season.

Goalscorers for Lanner

Lee Goldstone 3

Chris Webster 1

Paul cannons 1

have to agree with smudge, we had 5 new faces in today and we took a bit of time to start properly, you've got a side there at lanner as you always do, a good game played with good spirit from both sides, some poor finishing from both teams kept the score line down and it could of been closer if we took some of our chances, good luck for the rest of the season bud

well done to penryn 3rd, back to winning ways after your blip, who was the scorers?

Carrharack 12-3 Porthleven Rangers

Dreadful performance from Rangers who never got settled and allowed the opposition far to much time to pick out a pass. We had a bare 11 with Cozy in at centre half, few influential players missing, many thanks to Porthleven-Combo for that one!

Anyway back to the match, Carrharack in all fairness played very well and easily have the players to win this league. The only belmish on the day were the village idiots on the sidelines who shouted and had a go at the ref throughout and then 5 minutes from time chanted 'off off off' when one of our guys gave away a penalty, needless to say our fella got sent off, very dissapointing.

I would actually like to say that the people who shouted off were not from carharrack and many people i asked had no idea who these people were. The lads on the line including myself gave the match an atmosphere and we had a laugh but we didnt take it beyond a laugh. And how many carharrack players manager and fans said to the ref not 2 bother then he was gonna send the man off!! (failure to mention that) so as for village idiots i believe they may of come from st.day lol. Also im sure i seen u make a sub and u did have ur lino changed up as well so in my book im sure thats 12 or 13 not a bare 11.. but it was good to see porth never gave up and continued all the game. And it was great to see you all up the club after!

penryn 4ths 3-1 rosudgeon 1sts

quaid saunder 2

bobby dawes

chacewater 0-5 penryn 3rds

gavin boon 2

ross bowden

scrubby allen

o.g

great to have both fhl sides back to winning ways after a couple of

bad results for both sides, just a blip and hopefully shut a few people

up.

well done lads

Carrharack 12-3 Porthleven Rangers

I would like to thank Carharrack for the hospitallity they showed Rangers even tho we didn't give them much of a game. If it wasn't for them agreeing to swap fixtures at virtually the last minute this game would not have gone ahead at all (Some stupid ideot cut are pitch in the morning with a tractor with field tyres on, leaving it rutted all over it completely unplayeable). Perhaps we would have been better off not playing as it turned out.

We have played several good sides in this division already and I would have to say the standard has been raised alot higher this year. I for one will look forward to the Carharrck v Perranporth game that could be a real cracker two very good sides.

Again thanks for the hospitallity and hopefully next time round we will have a better side available. :thumbsup:

mawnan smith 2nds 1-1 Wendron utd 3rds

poor game,missed/saved penalty from mawnan, scored pen from wendron, lots and lots of poor finishing from both sides

great hospitality after the game.

how are mawnan 2nds playing so poor this season??? 2 of their players from last season were down watching albion on saturday.

jb

Well done to P. Brewer Rat Man and J. Harvey on their win saturday.

6 different scorers aswell, Div 2 watchout!!!!!!

And Horhay, was your red card really worth it :lol::SM_carton: :lol:

FHFL 2

12/09/09

Carharrack 12 Porthlevern Rangers 3

Carharrack went top of Division Two of Falmouth Helston League with a 12 goals to 3 win over Porthlevern Rangers. Not to rub salt into the wounds, Rangers were hammered as Carharrack still unbeaten in the league ran riot throughout the whole match. Rangers were unlucky not to take the lead after an early shoot a goal was saved on the line by the home goalkeeper Dale Paull. Richy Ward opened proceedings on the 6th minute after running straight through the visiting defence sidestepping the keeper to take the lead. Shortly after captain Steve Sansbury increased the lead by heading the ball into the back of the net. On the 23rd minute Liam Bray converted a penalty and scored again on the 42nd. Just before the interval Rangers were awarded a direct free kick which was quickly taken, the shoot hit the far post and tapped in to give the visitors some hope. On the restart of play the heat started to take its toll on Rangers who found it difficult to control the passing and pace of Carharrack. The momentum built up in the home sides favour scoring further goals through Dan Ellis (2) and Jason Farnsworth (2). Carharrack brought on a series of substitutes which included young Ashley Smeeth who was like a kid in a candy store scoring a hat trick in less than 6 minutes on the pitch. The Rangers attack didn’t give up scoring two goals in the dying moments of the game when Carharrack failed to tackle the strikers inside the box. The final whistle blow it was a bad day at the office for Rangers. The Red Army marches on and have a break from league action next weekend playing Culdrose away in their first cup match of the season.