Cornwall Football Forum

Teams websites updated?

Guest john

Just thought i would take a look at Plymouth Parkways, Bodmins and St Blazeys websites! They dont appear to have been updated. for example blazeys had mewton still as manager. do these clubs have different updated websites to this?

The Parkway website is a waste of effort. The only page to be regularly updated is "Lidds on Line". Unfortunatley his use of the English language is a bit off the wall, but the sentiment and commitment is clearly in eveidence.

What is the point of having a website if it is not kept up to date.

I beleive that there is a reluctance to let people who want to do the job have a free hand as the Chairman has strict control and doesn`t want to let go.

What a pity a club with so much potential, and with so many teams of all ages is let down by such a poor sense of duty. :angry: :angry2:

Guest SLIC VIC

Total Stranger...i have made it my personal objective to have our webb site completely overhauld this season and to be reguarly updated. I hold the same veiws as yourself on this issue but dont agree with all your comments. We now have three people to work on the webb site so hopefully by the start of the season it will be much improved although icant promise anything about the spelin !!!!! :rolleyes:

Slic Vic,

I hope so my friend. It is frustrating to open a site which looks promising and inviting, only to find that is is not updated.

Spelling is not everything, it is the language (not swearing), and the terminology used that is odd. For instance does evreyone know what "Put us flagship" actully means? Surely it would be better to say "Slic Vic gave us the lead"?

You see what I mean?

Guest SLIC VIC

T.S.

Having spent the last twenty years helping to bring this club forward i can honestly tell you there are more frustrating things that go on in the daily running of parkway. What you have to try and remember is a lot of thease people do dedicate a lot of their time for the club with little return or no thanks. I personally find it hard to pick fault with the work they put into the club as they could just walk away from the club so im willing to put up with a bit of quirkiness for the effort they put in. :clapper: :clapper:

S V,

Just wishing to see a great club, with great people in it, having a basic application as a lot of other clubs (who are nowhere near as good as Parkway) have. They seem to manage it.

I know that everyone who gives their time and effort to a club deserves credit. None more so than the gang at Parkway. Please do not take this as a dig against the club. I am just using my right to an opinion.

I think a website is something to be proud of and says a lot about a clubs organisation.