Cornwall Football Forum

Illegal approach?

Guest optical

Guest optical

I've heard from a reliable source that a manager in the ECPL has been contacting players through the social networking site facebook to come and play for him. Theres nothing wrong with that but a couple of the players mentioned were signed to another team in the league :SM_carton: Do clubs not need to put in 7 day approaches during the close season?

I think the difficluty in the past was for a club to come up with proof that an illegal approach had taken place.

We were at training last night and a couple of our players who played mainly for the ECPL last season (and have already signed for us again this season) had been approached by private messaging on facebook and by a text from a certain ECPL manager's mobile phone.

It has now come to light that there are other players from our club who have been 'tapped up' illegally by this manager and we have plenty of proof to take it to the County.

We did infact have a quick meeting at the club last night and will now decide if we want to take it any further.

The sad thing about all of this that there are a lot of people at this particular club who have worked hard to get them where they are today, but their Manager's total lack of respect for our club and both myself and Gats may well land them in some hot water.

We all know that a lot of 'illegal approaches' go on but it is just the scale of it with this Manager which has really p---ed our club off and the way he has slated our club which Gats and I both take personally.

Don't think so. Don't use Facebook and certainly wouldn't text a player at another club when he is alreday signed on for another club.

Seem to remember one of our players had several text messages from a certain SWPL manager last year without 7 days notice.

Regards

Southy

P.S Look forward to seeing you in December!

Ever since ive been playing senior footy this has always been going on ! Approaches are always being made to players before 7 days notice has gone in ,it wont ever stop !!Not now with computers being used to tap up players ie facebook,msn etc

How can you stop it?? :drink:

How do managers no if a player has signed for another club when is pre season!!no body knows! there is loads of players the sign for clubs which they arnt going to play for managers don't know whos signed for who so it can't be illegal approach this has always gone on and always will if the players that have been approached and have signed on for a club that they want to play for all they have to say is no and that they have signed for another club and that would be that half the time illegal approach is down to the players not being straight with managers!!! i would hate to be a manager and esspecially at the start of a new season!!!

Copey, you've hit the nail right on the head mate.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know who the ECPL manager being referred to is, although quite clever not to name names

I think it's a case of the big fish not too happy with the little fish biting back.

However, certain false accusations and derogatory comments made to besmirch the particular manager's reputation and character have not been taken kindly and are also being looked into.

Agree with Copey and Coachkt....Southy youve been around long enough and knows what goes on season after season and all levels....by reading your comments i am sure your P****d off but keep in house with your club and the club not too far from you!!!!!

No-one is whiter than white.. :P

Have a great season

If Real Madrid can do it why not at this level, and they knew he was still attached to a club and it was during the season. This happens every year. What about when lads meet up on a Saturday night they will also talk to their mates as to who they are signing for and 'why not join us'. Wait till we get the team photographs published with players appearing in 2 or more teams.