Cornwall Football Forum

SPICE - FOUR LANES Merger

That would make sense!

It would also mean one less game at Clijah Croft for everyone (which I personally don't mind as a former Spice player), as there have been some people on the forum with issues regarding the place this season.

Would it be to strenghthen one team in mining 1 or to create a 1st and 2nd team within one club?

If the decision has been made to strengthen for a crack at the league title it doesn't always work out as well as the two teams might hope.

Praze & Storm amalgamated a couple of seasons ago and both clubs were successful cup sides in their own right before the merger and although Storm/Praze have had success in the cups the league title and more importantly the desired top 3 finish for combination football has eluded them so far.

I think its a shame to amalgamate teams especially for players who have played at a particular club for a number of years and worked hard as both Four Lanes and Spice have done to climb the divisions

I have it on good authority the Spice of Life is effectively being disbanded. The players do not pay subs and the pub is no longer willing to pay ground rental as they do not get the return behind the bar they where expecting when the club was founded. With very little in the accounts, less than £180 the club had to make a choice weather to continue next season.

It appears that there will be no name change and the club will be known as Four Lanes. Who will be manager? It appears that the Spice manager failed to get any new players into the squad and is now looking to go else where, so the current Four Lanes manager will be in charge.

Players – Four Lanes appear to be staying as they are with the majority of Spice joining Four Lanes and the rest moving to Redruth United, Lanner and Carharrack.

I have it on good authority the Spice of Life is effectively being disbanded. The players do not pay subs and the pub is no longer willing to pay ground rental as they do not get the return behind the bar they where expecting when the club was founded. With very little in the accounts, less than £180 the club had to make a choice weather to continue next season.

It appears that there will be no name change and the club will be known as Four Lanes. Who will be manager? It appears that the Spice manager failed to get any new players into the squad and is now looking to go else where, so the current Four Lanes manager will be in charge.

Players – Four Lanes appear to be staying as they are with the majority of Spice joining Four Lanes and the rest moving to Redruth United, Lanner and Carharrack.

Which players are going to Lanner and Carharrack???

Interesting the comment about sponsors and the return on the investment. As we all know pubs and bars rely on the turnover for to offset their investment.

I know Gulval went back after both our games this year, a win and a loss. No questions, go back buy a beer and support your opponents whatever the result. The only side we did not drink with after our game was Trispen who when asked where they drank said nowhere at the time.

I just wish a few more went back to Spice and had a beer, we would I am sure be still enjoying their company.

I know Matt Mitchell is defiantly coming to Carharrack. :yahoo:

Great News Rich..... :smiley20::c::smiley20: You going to be going down as much next season??? I hope to... :unsure:

I know Matt Mitchell is defiantly coming to Carharrack. :yahoo: