Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Senior/Junior

Who is the best person to contact with regards to the senior junior player rule. After discussions with other managers and the FA failing to allow the season extension request by the SWPL many clubs are in a position of struggling to fulfil fixtures due to players not being able to play 3/4 games a week for the next month. We are also not able to use our reserve team players more than once otherwise they are then no longer able to play for the reserve side. I have currently used 10 reserve players and continue to need to use them for upcoming fixtures but that would mean the reserves not having a side. 

If the rule could just be relaxed to the end of the season it would be a massive help to a lot of clubs!!  

Instead of 28 days without playing a "senior" game to become a "junior" again,  make it 14 days.

With a lot of clubs doubling their fixture rate, the league should now halve the rule to 14 days. Then you can rotate the players you use from your "junior" side, shouldn't be many problems.

14 hours ago, Darin Morse said:

Just abolish ALL restrictions and play whoever you like! 

With a club having 2 teams in Duchy league , I think just signing for the club you should be able to play for whichever team you like.

SWPL/East Cornwall players into Duchy is where that rule should apply. But only 14 days instead of 28 gives a bit more leniency

12 minutes ago, Bryan Jones said:

The rule doesn’t stop certain clubs playing ringers anyway, will see that even more towards the end of the season with plenty of games left! Lol. BJ

How are Saltash getting on with their fixtures BJ? Not causing you any problems up there?

38 minutes ago, Bryan Jones said:

Saltash epitomise the meaning of a CLUB. Very rarely will you see ringers at Saltash, the results might not always be great but we stick to our morals. We will fulfill our fixtures no problem.

Not sure how true this is Bryan? I quite often hear about the 3rd team pinching players from the 2nds? Maybe not so much this year as the 3rds seem to be having a torrid time, but most definately in years gone by..

1 hour ago, Bryan Jones said:

I find that hard to believe considering you claim to be from St Day in a completely separate league! Maybe your information got mixed in transition. BJ

Not prepared to get caught up in your petty balderdash Bryan, you know saltash have been guilty of this.