Cornwall Football Forum

Questions on LOAF

I recently saw a match where a neutral linesman held the corner flag during a game so the kick could be taken. I wondered if this was accepted in LOAF.

Also in the 1960s I remember a game where the linesmen, players and even the referee held the ball still for dead ball kicks. The game was played in a gale at Newquay.

1 hour ago, Fanfare said:

I thought the ruling where injured players having to leave the field had been done away with. A ref last season said it had but have seen games where it is still being employed.

Players leave the field of play if they receive treatment unless the play who caused the injury is cautioned or sent off.

@bighairydave is correct @Fanfare

INJURIES

• allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured
  • stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play. An injured player may not be treated on the field of play and may only re-enter after play has restarted; if the ball is in play, re-entry must be from the touchline but if the ball is out of play, it may be from any boundary line. Exceptions to the requirement to leave the field of play are only when:
    • a goalkeeper is injured
    • a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention
    • players from the same team have collided and need attention
    • a severe injury has occurred
    • a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly

Only when the ball is back in play. INJURIES

• allows play to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is only slightly injured
  • stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play. An injured player may not be treated on the field of play and may only re-enter after play has restarted; if the ball is in play, re-entry must be from the touchline but if the ball is out of play, it may be from any boundary line. 

56 minutes ago, Laws of the Game said:

@bighairydave is correct @Fanfare

INJURIES

• stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play. An injured player may not be treated on the field of play and may only re-enter after play has restarted; if the ball is in play, re-entry must be from the touchline but if the ball is out of play, it may be from any boundary line. Exceptions to the requirement to leave the field of play are only when:
    • a goalkeeper is injured
    • a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention
    • players from the same team have collided and need attention
    • a severe injury has occurred
    • a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly

51 minutes ago, Laws of the Game said:

Only when the ball is back in play. INJURIES

• stops play if a player is seriously injured and ensures that the player is removed from the field of play. An injured player may not be treated on the field of play and may only re-enter after play has restarted; if the ball is in play, re-entry must be from the touchline but if the ball is out of play, it may be from any boundary line. 

Well Mr. Laws, there seems to be a remarkable similarity between your two posts above, you must have been so proud of your first post that you felt moved to repeat the first half word for word, even highlighting the section you were particularly enamoured with.

Alternatively you consider your fellow forum users to be moronic, needing your words to be repeated and emphasised (the keyboard equivalent of shouting)! I do hope you feel better now, having got that out of your system!

A simple response to Fanfare, along the lines of “as soon as they are recovered providing play has restarted” would have been quite sufficient.

41 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Well Mr. Laws, there seems to be a remarkable similarity between your two posts above, you must have been so proud of your first post that you felt moved to repeat the first half word for word, even highlighting the section you were particularly enamoured with.

Alternatively you consider your fellow forum users to be moronic, needing your words to be repeated and emphasised (the keyboard equivalent of shouting)! I do hope you feel better now, having got that out of your system!

A simple response to Fanfare, along the lines of “as soon as they are recovered providing play has restarted” would have been quite sufficient.

Laws of the Game by name, Laws of the Game by nature (my bible)