Cornwall Football Forum

Rathbone Cup Final 2011

Who will win  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2011 Rathbone Cup

Launceston. Many players established in senior football who have adapted over the years to eachother well and have produced some good football this year. Having watched the semi-final at saltash's kimberley stadium, i was very impressed as Launceston strolled past the DJM leaders 4-1 in a very strong team display. Will be a good final though i'm sure despite not having seen Illogan play, who do the illogan youth team members play for on saturdays?

Having known Shaun Clinton for a number of years, all i would say is Illogan wont need any motivation on the day, some very good lads play for Shaun who he has had for a long time, a great keeper in his day who was a winner every game. Hes installed that not only in to his squad but contributed to Illogan as a whole, i for one hope the boys win and if Launceston think popping along to newquay to pick up a trophy will be easy think again. Forget senior youngsters this will be about the whole package i dont think Illogan have any probs with that. GOOD LUCK LADS :clapper: ps and u seymour :rolleyes:

Having known Shaun Clinton for a number of years, all i would say is Illogan wont need any motivation on the day, some very good lads play for Shaun who he has had for a long time, a great keeper in his day who was a winner every game. Hes installed that not only in to his squad but contributed to Illogan as a whole, i for one hope the boys win and if Launceston think popping along to newquay to pick up a trophy will be easy think again. Forget senior youngsters this will be about the whole package i dont think Illogan have any probs with that. GOOD LUCK LADS :clapper: ps and u seymour :rolleyes:

hahahaha, cheers marksy, should be a good day and hopefully we get a win :thumbsup:

Craig Clinton - Troon 1st

Steve Abbott-smith - Illogan 3rds

Zack Williams - Hayle 1st

Josh Sharpe - Trispen 1st

Jacob Hoon - Illogan 3rds

Tom Butt - Illogan 3rds

Ben Waters - Illogan 3rd

Darren Reed - Illogan 3rds

Jacob Cleverly - West Cornwall 2nds

Kyle Worth - Troon 1st

Nick Barber - Hayle 1st/2nds

Jacob Kemp - Holmans 1st

Tim Nixon - Penzance 1st

Dan Bowman - Illogan 1st

Reece Prout - N/a (rugby)

Ashley Smeeth - Troon 1st

Jon Chapman - Hayle 3rds

What time is KO?

Back home for w/end and quite fancy watching.

kick off is at 3

As one of the officials I can confirm KO is 2.00pm

Launceston AFC Facebook are suggesting the kick off has been changed to 2.30pm.

It does say 2.30pm on the CCFA website, mind you for Monday, May 23rd!

What time is KO?

Back home for w/end and quite fancy watching.

kick off is at 3

As one of the officials I can confirm KO is 2.00pm

Launceston AFC Facebook are suggesting the kick off has been changed to 2.30pm.

It does say 2.30pm on the CCFA website, mind you for Monday, May 23rd! wacko.gif

Dave, our appointments list tell us its a 2.00pm KO @ Mount Wise, and we havn't been notified otherwise.

I can assure you that from the outset the official kick off time is 2.30 pm.

See CCFA Web Site.

Both clubs were informed of this by letter dated 18th April.

David,

I have been notified twice since that date, the latest being on the 4th May, both stating a 2.00pm KO.

CCFA site say's it's on the 23rd

I can assure you that from the outset the official kick off time is 2.30 pm.

See CCFA Web Site.

Both clubs were informed of this by letter dated 18th April.

Stated on MAY 1st 2011 7.41pm kick off will be 3pm at Mount Wise this is under Topic Title Under 16's and Under 18's Cup Finals we rang the CCFA on Wednesday 18th May and was told that the kick off time was now at 2pm. As there was confussion CCFA site stated 2.30pm Monday 23rd, Dvid Bray stated on this forum 3.00pm and now CCFA informs us its a 2pm kick off. ARE WE SURE ITS AT NEWQUAY LOL. :wacko:

Kick Off was at 1430 after changing several times.

Final score was a 4-2 win for Illogan...well done lads!!

Illogan 0-1 down within 30 seconds or so to a free header in the penalty area from a free kick. Illogan finally found their feet playing into a blusty Mount Wise wind and got the equaliser midway through the half following a penalty. Definite penalty but silly tackle from the Launceston player with Tim Nixon heading away from goal.

The lead was found soon after with great football from the Illogan front line resulting in Tim Nixon getting a simple tap in. However this deserved lead was surrendered when Launceston bundled in a sloppy goal.

Second half was more or less one way traffic with Illogan attacking with the wind and making the advantage pay. Two excellent finishes sealed the victory for Illogan with Launceston becoming frustrated and unable to find a response. The Third was an excellently placed lob and the fourth a fine drilled effort from Tim Nixon

On the day Illogan deserved it and it was controlled well by the officials.

The Number 8 ginger centre midfielder for Launceston caught the eye and was probably the best player in the first half, but Illogan got to grips with him and stopped him playing after the break.

For Illogan some great performances from Tim Nixon, Abbo, the shorter centre half whos boot broke and the centre forward who scored the lob, but obviously on top of an overall great team performance....

Great to hear the lads won congratulations to Sean, Brian and all the Under 18's.

Just think what the score could of been if half the side weren't celebrating into the late night at our presentation evening!!! But well done us oldies look forward to u taking the out of us in training again next season!!

Great to hear the lads won congratulations to Sean, Brian and all the Under 18's.

Just think what the score could of been if half the side weren't celebrating into the late night at our presentation evening!!! But well done us oldies look forward to u taking the out of us in training again next season!!

got to say ILLOGAN THE MORE DISCIPLINED SIDE TODAY conceded two sloppy goals early on but second half were the better side

COUNTY CHAMPIONS WELL DESERVERED :P

My sources reliably tell me there was hell up during the game, one lad even punched an illogan player in the back of the neck during the presentation, and then had the cheek to send his mum over to whinge at the illogan management team!

Don't dish it out if you can't take it back!

As for punching someone in the back from behind, wouldnt try that too much in men's football, might come back to bite you in the bottom!

Roll on Wednesday night when the second cup final between these two sides take place!

Bet it will be a real slobber knocker!!!!

My sources reliably tell me there was hell up during the game, one lad even punched an illogan player in the back of the neck during the presentation, and then had the cheek to send his mum over to whinge at the illogan management team!

As for punching someone in the back from behind, wouldnt try that too much in men's football, might come back to bite you in the bottom!

Roll on Wednesday night when the second cup final between these two sides take place!

ALL IT WAS SOUR GRAPES SENT MUMMY INTO SORT IT OUT MATE ROLL ON WEDNESDAY X X

Ill confirm that the retaliation from one of the launceston players (and mummy) was due to him being struck by an illogan player in the last 5 minutes, i was right behind the goal and saw it, and have no idea how the ref missed it, illogan fully deserved winners on the day but was a let down to see such a poor refereeing performance throughout.

ALL IT WAS SOUR GRAPES SENT MUMMY INTO SORT IT OUT MATE ROLL ON WEDNESDAY X X

YESSSS HE WAS A MUMMYSSS BOY, SHE GO HELP HIM SHOWER AS WELL I BET, COMMMM ONNNN ROLL ON WEDNESDAY

Ill confirm that the retaliation from one of the launceston players (and mummy) was due to him being struck by an illogan player in the last 5 minutes, i was right behind the goal and saw it, and have no idea how the ref missed it, illogan fully deserved winners on the day but was a let down to see such a poor refereeing performance throughout.

from what i heard the "strike" as you put it was purely accidental,

you obviously didn't see the incident i heard happened where the illogan player got his face split open by an elbow from the launceston player???

just something from one of my sources out there!!

Launceston won the bartlett trophy last night, 3 nil down at half time to 3 sloppy goals, but via grit and determination fully deserved of finishing the game 3-3 and going on to win 3-0 on penalties. Congratualations Launceston, completely deserved, better side for 70 minutes of the 90, quite even in extra time, all in all, great final.

Launceston won the bartlett trophy last night, 3 nil down at half time to 3 sloppy goals, but via grit and determination fully deserved of finishing the game 3-3 and going on to win 3-0 on penalties. Congratualations Launceston, completely deserved, better side for 70 minutes of the 90, quite even in extra time, all in all, great final.

If your saying we had 3 sloppy goals, you obviously didnt see their 3 !!

Fair enough great comeback from Launceston after we were 3-0 up and cruising.

Well done Illogan great season and we done what we set out to do, League and Rathbone Superb :thumbsup: