Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 22/11/08

Wheatley Cobb Cup - 1st Round

Frogpool Res 11 - 2 Stithians Res (HT 6-1)

A performance that has been weeks coming for Frogpool's Res. All credit to Stithians Res who kept trying. There was even a good crowd to cheer us on as the 1st team lads gave us some vocal support from the sidelines after their match was called off. Now we just need to take this 1st win of the season & get a good run together to get us off the bottom of Div 3!! :clapper:

fal ath 2 mousehole4

i watched this game today with my mate i never seen so many strange decisions in my life lol.mousehole took the lead well taken goal .fal ath scored but linesman flagged offside but he was clearly on .from the ee kick mousehole got there 2nd.see why fal players were so upset .but wait it got better 2nd half ref sent off a fal player for swearing but me and my mate was standing near this guy who was the one that swore at the ref not the player.this poor innocent player got a red card for saying nothing lol.hope the ref admits he got it wrong for the player sake or the pen that did swear contact the ccfa .but it got better a mousehole player almost caught the ball the only people who did ot see this was the linesman who was 20 ft away and the ref lol.by this time we was in fits of laughter.sorry fal boys i know it must of been hard for you to take.you never got thing go your way today .but joking aside i hope that player dont get banned for something he never said

Guest Dave Sobey

DIVISION ONE

FALMOUTH ATH 2 MOUSEHOLE 4

FALMOUTH TOWN 2 CHACEWATER 4

HOLMANS 2 TRURO CITY 2

ST DAY 0 MAWNAN 7

DIVISION TWO

CAMBORNE PARK 3 HAYLE 2

CARHARRACK v FROGPOOL OFF

CONSTANTINE 1 WENDRON 2

CULDROSE 1 ROSUDGEON 2

LIZARD 3 MAWGAN 3

MARAZION 0 PORTHLEVEN RANGERS 1

PERRANPORTH 2 TROON 1

LOCKHART CUP

HELSTON 1 STITHIANS 2

PENDEEN 5 ST KEVERNE 2

PENRYN 2 FALMOUTH ALBION 1

ST AGNES PERRANWELL NO RESULT

LEAGUE CUP

MAWNAN 5 LANNER 2

WHEATLY COBB CUP

CURY 6 CARHARRACK 1

FROGPOOL 11 STITHIANS 2

ROSUDGEON 1 MULLION 10

RUAN MINOR 2 LIZARD 3

Guest 00Frogman

A performance that has been weeks coming for Frogpool's Res. All credit to Stithians Res who kept trying. There was even a good crowd to cheer us on as the 1st team lads gave us some vocal support from the sidelines after their match was called off. Now we just need to take this 1st win of the season & get a good run together to get us off the bottom of Div 3!! :clapper:

Funniest game of football i've seen for ages! If every week was that good for the seconds I'd quit playing and follow you lot all over Cornwall!

Perranporth 2 (S Harper, S Mansfield) v Troon 1

Perranporth took the lead early in the second half with Troon equalising mid way through. The winning goal coming 10 minutes from the end, a wonder strike by Sam Mansfield from fully 35 yards. Game played in good spirits with no cards :clapper:

Perranporth:

John Preece, Rob Watts, Martin Bennetts ©, Sam Haper, Shaun Mcdonnell, Steve Gregory, Luke Brown, Shaun Stribley, Carl Laity, Sam Mansfield, Danny Penna. Sub: Joe Harper

:drink:

Mawnan 7 St day 0. Not totally sure of scores but think it was Kev Morris(defenders fat arse), Greg Renfree 2, Chris Pellow, Nick"Torres"Seviour, Damo and Ross Stevens. Piss poor performance but 3 pts so happy days.

Hope Fat Cat is happier with the manner of this victory than he was the last.

Few new rules discovered today too, absolulty no contact must be made with an opponent, throw ins are to be taken from where the ball finishes moving not where it leaves the field of play and the ball only needs to go near the goal line, not over it even slightly, for a corner to be awarded. Gotta love the men in black but bloody hell some mothers do 'av 'em!!

Guest geachy1

Lockhart Cup

Penryn 2-1 Falmouth Albion

Penryn got their revenge after losing to Albion in the league last week. Penryn were up for it and Albion never really at the races.

Good luck to Penryn in the next round.

you had sum gud chances shifty but bushy had sum great saves today in goal .

you did start with 3 of your best players on the bench 2.

gillo the ref was an interesting character and had chelsea not had a game then i would have sworn blind he was big phil scolari

he didnt help much at all today especially with the throw ins, most refs stand in line with the point wher the throw is to be taken he just kept pointing no non specific areas

yes the cat is fat but the guy who;'s arse the ball deflected of is perhaps one of the skinniext guys i know in garry kay!

thanks for hanging round afterwards in the bar and i made sure i didnt steal all the sausage and chips so ur guys got some!!

fal ath 2 mousehole4

i watched this game today with my mate i never seen so many strange decisions in my life lol.mousehole took the lead well taken goal .fal ath scored but linesman flagged offside but he was clearly on .from the ee kick mousehole got there 2nd.see why fal players were so upset .but wait it got better 2nd half ref sent off a fal player for swearing but me and my mate was standing near this guy who was the one that swore at the ref not the player.this poor innocent player got a red card for saying nothing lol.hope the ref admits he got it wrong for the player sake or the pen that did swear contact the ccfa .but it got better a mousehole player almost caught the ball the only people who did ot see this was the linesman who was 20 ft away and the ref lol.by this time we was in fits of laughter.sorry fal boys i know it must of been hard for you to take.you never got thing go your way today .but joking aside i hope that player dont get banned for something he never said

It is funny how people see the game!!!!!!! Which ONE off the THREE was you!!!!! WELL LET ME GUESS?????

SAME PERSON AS BELOW POSS!!! If not you must be a player FALMOUTH!!!

For the (goal) yes he was offside, as was for most off the game your strikers were off side!!! thats not my fault, if they are off side they are off side!!! as i said to the bloke who who was on the far touch line in the 2nd half[WHO'S BOY WAS SEEN RUNNINIG UP THE BANK WITH TWO OF MY KICKING IN BALLS, WHICH SOME HOW ENDED UP THE BACK ON HIS VAN], i wish i could just give you one but that is not right!!!if your players can't stop being offside that's not my problem.....i was asked by the ref 2 help by putting my flag up for ball out of play & offside's.....not if it was poss penalty or not [which as it hit his chest 1st then rolled down his arm...which 'm show is BALL 2 HAND, & not a pen, unless the rules have changed........................

Anyway in a game which Mousehole Won 4-2

Scores: Emil 2 ,Matty Williams [pen] & James Franklin

FHFL 1

Holmans 2 - 2 Truro City

Holmans Goalscorers

Lee Byrne

Mark Mitchell

After a week in which Holmans had lost manager David Marks to pastures new it was back to the football and the visitors to Blaythorne were the very technically gifted young side from Truro who provided another thrilling 90min.

New caretaker manager and club chairman Ray Richards fielded pretty much the same side that lost dissapointingly at Mousehole the previous week with the only addition being Daniel Allen coming into left midfield. Both teams started strongly with Holmans probably causing the more attacking problems in the first 20min, Truro started to play themselves back into the game as the half progressed with some very slick passing and moving that would not look out of place in senior football. Truro were rewarded on the half hour taking the lead 1-0 where it stayed till half time.

Holmans started to get their game together in the 2nd half and were justly rewarded after a corner was deflected away by the Truro defence only for the ball to fall at the feet of Lee Byrne who rifled the ball from 18yards giving the away keeper no chance 1-1

Holmans 2nd came 10min later from a long ball headed on by Neil Pitt on to the path of the ever dangerous Mark Mitchell to run through beat the keeper and take the home side 2-1 up

The last 10min saw the game get a little bit niggly from both sides and a Truro player was sent off with 2min to go for foul and abusive at the ref. Down to 10 men Truro piled everyone forward for a last ditch corner and to the despair of the home side with 30sec to go managed to get the equaliser and a share of the points

green and white i dont play for anyone just watching a game of football and sayiny how wrong you and the ref got it .but i guess we cant be right all off the time like you it seems.and i was not the only one watching that thought this even someone from chacewater was watching and said the same.and he would have no reason at all to say this .

were has your manager gone pitty?

Dave Marks has left to manage Titans in Mining 2 Geachy. The reasons behind his departure have been well documented on a previous thread on this forum so i dont want to bore anymore people about the subject on the results board.

We are hoping that we can now continue the good positive performance from yesterdays game for the rest of the season in to what is turning out to be a great FHFL 1 battle this year (can someone hurry up and beat Mawnan!!!! dont want them getting to far ahead on points just yet!!! lol :D ).

Falmouth as much as I hate to say it you hit the nail on the head, no sour grapes as all teams at the top of fal/hel div 1 will drop points throughout the season. Emile Ivanov was not outstanding,and was only one player. The sending off of our player was a disgrace, I was stood with the referee who had just awarded Emile a penalty (Which he was man enough to admit he dived after the game)our linesman's (craig Southworth)flag was put up immediately, the referee never even had a word with the linesman as to why he had his flag up. Moments before, the Mousehole left back was shielding the ball from Macintosh, our player was nipping at his ankles and finally got infront of the Mousehole player right by the corner flag, the mousehole player was then nipping at his ankles. Referee stops play asks the Mousehole linesman what had happened no points for guessing Falmouth player was cautioned.Bearing this in mind, Ambrose walked up to the referee before the above penalty was taken and said " Ref can I ask you a question" ref never replied to this. Ambrose then said "could you ask our linesman why he has his flag up? you asked their linesman a few minutes ago" The referee said you swore at me took Ambrose name and showed him a red card. Penalty was taken with Emile in the area our linesman put his flag up and the referee did not want to know what for or anything else. After the game the ref said to the Fal Ath manager he recognised the player who swore at him by his hair cut!. In the referees room he told the referee who was reffing the Chacewater v Town game that if I as secretary of Falmouth Ath could bring some-one into the changing room willing to say that he was the one that swore he would send him off rather than Ambrose. Before you ask, could I bring this other referee to Ambroses hearing? the answer is no as referees are told to back each other at all cost. Terry Jarvis at Ath is 100% behind the respect campaign. But I must add a referee MUST earn respect. this recently made redundant player faces a £33.00 fine and suspension because the referee wanted to discipline someone. His comments after the game clearly shows that. No we dont want to lose another referee this ref needs guidance from more expeirenced officials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest chacewater 7

agree with falmouth. the linesman and the ref were shocking as i watched about 10mins of the game after being taken off injured in our game which we won 4-2 by the way. ha ha. at least 10 poor offside decisions in the 10 minutes i watched. linesman was just airing his arm pits everytime falmouth were thriugh on goal. i know they r there 2 do a job but games and leagues r won and lost on shit decisions

Why moan about the ref and linesman,if they didn't turn up you wouldn't be playing!I take my hat off to all the refs in the fal/hel league,they have to put up with rubbish players,rubbish supporters,rubbish facilities,rubbish pitches!Leagues are not lost or won on shit decisions,leagues are won by having good players,something fal do not have!!Another fal player sent off,their discipline is rubbish! :SM_carton: :SM_carton_y:

Funniest game of football i've seen for ages! If every week was that good for the seconds I'd quit playing and follow you lot all over Cornwall!

Glad you enjoyed it, we did!! Makes a change for us to be winning, let alone to be winning like this!! Shame we've got no game next week, would have been nice to try & carry the form on.

I know what you mean by poor decisions by refs which costs teams and players. I have just recieved a very hefty fine and ban for disgraceful decisions by referees. I got a second yellow card for two players nearly breaking my leg intentionally and didnt have no protection from the referee when I managed to pick myself and my leg i ran over to the ref and asked why he had not given a penalty he replied clean challenge to which I replied where did the ball go, result after that a second yellow early bath and all this agro. I wouldnt mind but with it being christmas and the state the economy is in I now have avery large sum of money to pay out to fill some ones wages !!!!!!!! It really is a joke, I am not saying much on here as it could land me in more trouble

I was a neutral spectator at the FHFL 1 match between St Day and Mawnan. The football wasn’t attractive by any means. Mawnan went 2 nil up the 1st quarter but then failed many times to hit the target when the ball was in the St Day box. A bit of handbags before the interval which was dealt with quickly by the match official. The second half St Day came out fighting but subsequently allowed Mawnan to hit the wings before placing it onto their No.9 (Man of the Match) who was always found nicely on the penalty spot, much to the frustration of the home goalkeeper who had to deal with the point black shots. St Day’s Garry Kay as ever gave it his all to get the Saints back into the game. However a few of the St Day youngsters looked totally out of depth, with there heads going down too quickly when the ball hit the back of the net.

Guest Postie Pidge

I have just recieved a very hefty fine and ban for disgraceful decisions by referees

Does playing under someone elses name not contribute to disgraceful decisions by player? :SM_carton:

agree with falmouth. the linesman and the ref were shocking as i watched about 10mins of the game after being taken off injured in our game which we won 4-2 by the way. ha ha. at least 10 poor offside decisions in the 10 minutes i watched. linesman was just airing his arm pits everytime falmouth were thriugh on goal. i know they r there 2 do a job but games and leagues r won and lost on shit decisions

Was u in line with me!!! no is the answer.....Offside only has to be fration to make it offside & as we all no, unless u r in line, u have not a chance of seeing if someone is offside or not from up ontop the bank,which if i not mistaken is behind the goal!!!so u got no chance seeing across the line.....yes there was a lot of offsides in the game but thats not my fault, for most of them i can't even give credit to the defence, it was just the fact that the strikers went too early!!!! but what everyone seems to be missing is that Fal Ath beat the offside trap many times but either the keeper made a save or for the most part blazed them over......am i to blame for that too!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this Prisky! Your post 5/10/08

"I'm sorry but i have had enough already this season!!!!! yeh i no, here we go again slagging the man in black off....but am i the only one who has noticed that the standard of reffing this season so far is well to be blunt...b*****ks!!!!!!! & if i hear another ref come up to me after the game & say sorry i made a mistake, i'm going to scream at him & prob get it sent off!!! but what do you all think? am i just being silly or have i got a point!!!! i now refs have a hard time & have a hard job to do but if you don't get the basics right from the off, you are in trouble"

My reply

"Prisky, I feel your pain but I have to say that you are wrong to point fingers mate.

Junior football means mistakes. Players, Managers and officials. The higher you go generally the mistakes get less but even at the top there are bloomers made every week.

Suck it up and let it help you grow as a Manager.

We would be skittled without them!"

Like I say best to say little about refs and now offficials or else people would have it said you only whinge when you are losing mate!

Good win, enjoy and move on.

Guest some call him David Bentley

Mullion reserves 10 - 1 rosudgeon

a good clean match but well deserved by the mullions lads with a cracking first half performance leaving them 7-0 up at H/T , rosudgeon kept on battling getting a penalty not long from time to settle them score at 10 - 1 good games both teams :)

green and white just admit it you were a disgraceful cheat. i also watched the game and was in line with you when you gave your bizzare offsides. you were a shambles. the young lads who ran off with your footballs could of done a better job. the forwards were doing a great job of keeping onside it was you that was useless. your intentions were obvious - flag, flag, flag wind up athletic and just show why anyone facing mousehole soon should beware of the lino. and to all refs with a mousehole match get ready for alot of whistle blowing. just a final word to green and white - i hope your happy as you ruined a potentially good match and my saturday afternoon. if thats how you behave to get 3 points then shame on you :angry2::angry2::angry2: :angry2:

man you guys can moan alot!! The ref did bloody well in a messy game, Considering that Falmouth were one of the DIRTIEST sides I've ever played against! and I've played all mining leagues, all falmouth helston, combo, southwest pen and both sunday leagues. Having been in goal on sat for that match, how can you even argue that you were onside?! half the time your striker (12) was about 5 foot in front of our defence before he even started his run! why have a go at the officials when you could spend the time on the training pitch working on positioning! just face the fact that the better side won and rightly so after the abuse we received from your players and supporters alike. Like the retard on your side that decided to push me into the goal when I was getting the ball out. You won't win games like that and I think it shows. good luck for the rest of your season but coming on here and moaning won't help.

man you guys can moan alot!! The ref did bloody well in a messy game, Considering that Falmouth were one of the DIRTIEST sides I've ever played against! and I've played all mining leagues, all falmouth helston, combo, southwest pen and both sunday leagues. Having been in goal on sat for that match, how can you even argue that you were onside?! half the time your striker (12) was about 5 foot in front of our defence before he even started his run! why have a go at the officials when you could spend the time on the training pitch working on positioning! just face the fact that the better side won and rightly so after the abuse we received from your players and supporters alike. Like the retard on your side that decided to push me into the goal when I was getting the ball out. You won't win games like that and I think it shows. good luck for the rest of your season but coming on here and moaning won't help.

me being number 12 on saturday admint i was offside a few times BUT your lino said i was offside when i was walking back NOT interfering with play. your lino is ur manger and a cheat he pulled off tricks like that last season. is letting 1 of your player's kick me twice from behind ok ?? falmouth athletic aint dirty just stand our ground unlike u bunch off ######'s.

but if thats what u need 2do to win games u do that :(:(:(

i dont understand how u have played in all them league's u look about 12

Guest football mad

Mousehole always have and always will be dirty and cheat there way through the season. Same every year down there !! All they know !! I hate them like a fatboy hates a shut pie shop !!

Mousehole always have and always will be dirty and cheat there way through the season. Same every year down there !! All they know !! I hate them like a fatboy hates a shut pie shop !!

That's funny!! The pie shop bit :clapper: . Not getting involved in all the other stuff.

I got a new pair of shoes yesterday, some kid from old hill sold them to me. Weird cos they have mitre written on them, any ideas where he got them?