Cornwall Football Forum

Can you post your scores, scorers and rough head counts on this thread please.

Cornwall Combination League

Sat 25th April (3pm)

HAYLE RESERVES (Christian Letts, OG) 2-0 LUDGVAN

Att - 14

MULLION (Darren Meagor) 1-2 ST DAY (Perran Cooke, Gareth Johns)

Att - 15

PERRANPORTH (Ian Gosling, Ben Goldring) 2-0 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES

Att - 80

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES P-P HOLMAN SC

Att -

PORTREATH P-P FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES

Att -

RNAS CULDROSE (Kieran Lovett) 1-4 ILLOGAN RBL (Paul Wolstencroft 2, Charlie Andrew, Simon Ellis)

Att - 15

ST JUST (Stuart Nicholls) 1-0 PERRANWELL

Att - 46

WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES (Tom Langford, Paul Murray) 2-3 ST AGNES (Phil Willey 2, Tom Benney)

Att - 20

Wendron 2 St.Agnes 3 h/t 0-3

First half goals by Phil Willey(2) and Tom Benney put St.Agnes well in control by half time and there were other chances to extend the lead.

The second half was much closer and Wendron hit back through Tom Langford and Paul Murray to create some nervous late moments.

Attendance was poor.There were people huddled in the dugouts,cars and watching from inside the new complex,about 20 i would guess.

Well done to St Just yesterday they deserved their victory and played the conditions far better than us and wanted it more, in saying that it was the worst we have played since i have been at the club with all 11 players including myself having an absolute mare !!!!!!!

We just seem to have hit a bad patch at the wrong moment and although the title is gone we are in danger of not getting 2nd place as well.

Good to see rodney back in control of the flag and although he was like a whirling dervish everytime we attacked i have it on good authority by someone that was stood behind him during the game that he was spot on with every decision, who says a leopard can't change it's spots. Credit where its due rod........

Thought the young lad on the wing Tom Mainwaring ?? looks a class act and will only get better.

The only place that i have played at where the wind was coming down the pitch and at the same time going up ?? desperately need to sort out the goalmouths they are like compacted grit with loads of stones in, now i know why andrew wears long trousers in goal.........

Well thank you, Whuru ! Leopard and spots, well, with my new black hair colour I think of myself as more of a panther, really. As a gfashion guru, I'm too sexy for my anorak, just like Tap Tap Trevor.

Not sure whether the critical friend endorsing my flag display was Brian or Kempy, but I can't imagine a higher recommendation. The boy Jake Harvey is clearly too fast off the blocks for his own good, he's almost got as much pace as me.

The Tinners did not get where they are in weather like we had yesterday by worrying about a few bits of granite gravel in the goalmouth. When you've had a childhood avoiding packs of rabid mastiffs running wild all over the village and the distinct probability that unless you can talk and run fast you'll be suspended down a disused mineshaft, these are minor concerns. Count yourself lucky we don't use Pendeen's pitch: they've got boulders everywhere and little speerits and knockers from down Geevor all over the place. Every time your number four took a corner in front of me I knew Mother and the Woad Brotherhood were praying to Aeolus to crank up the gale and I apologise sincerely if he was put off by the keening and mumbling noises

We shall look forward to the return on May 9, when we perfect our catenaccio for the beautiful surface of the King George the Fifth Playing Field. A rack has been installed in the St Just dressing room to ensure all our players stretch one leg two inches longer than the other in preparation for those conditions. Warrens Pasties are sponsoring 11 sets of crampons and providing altitude pills for the winger on the stand side. The linesmen will be wearing a bullet-proof vest......