Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell v NEWQUAY AFC

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

With Robbo & Chris Luxton not available for this one, what side will Jim put out ? Scott Palmer is back from injury and holiday and looked like his old self on Weds night with a screamer to grab the 3pts. How many of the Peppermints youngsters will Jim throw into this Battle of the 2 best sides in Restormel ?

Word from St Austell today, was that Mr Rowett is desperate to win all the trophies on offer, although their committee are not convinced it is possible or affordable. Whereas Newquay fans would prefer to 'rest' some of the senior players and not risk injuries and/or red/yellow cards in the run up to the end of the SWPL season. Don't get me wrong, all Reds fans want to beat St Austell but not at the risk of losing players for bigger games to come.

We will of course be at Poltair in good numbers, especially as the Combo team have no game and there is no excuse for anyone not to travel to support whatever side Jim puts out.

Also heard today, that St Austell are not confident that the Poltair ground will get the grading required for promotion... would this mean that the the 3rd placed side will go up if Port and St Austell finish 1 & 2 ?

With Robbo & Chris Luxton not available for this one, what side will Jim put out ? Scott Palmer is back from injury and holiday and looked like his old self on Weds night with a screamer to grab the 3pts. How many of the Peppermints youngsters will Jim throw into this Battle of the 2 best sides in Restormel ?

Word from St Austell today, was that Mr Rowett is desperate to win all the trophies on offer, although their committee are not convinced it is possible or affordable. Whereas Newquay fans would prefer to 'rest' some of the senior players and not risk injuries and/or red/yellow cards in the run up to the end of the SWPL season. Don't get me wrong, all Reds fans want to beat St Austell but not at the risk of losing players for bigger games to come.

We will of course be at Poltair in good numbers, especially as the Combo team have no game and there is no excuse for anyone not to travel to support whatever side Jim puts out.

Also heard today, that St Austell are not confident that the Poltair ground will get the grading required for promotion... would this mean that the the 3rd placed side will go up if Port and St Austell finish 1 & 2 ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

If you came up against us in our current form, you wouldn't stand a chance (but since you're in the league below us, this is not a possibility).

DanBlazey's pecking order of restormel teams:

1st: St Blazey

2nd: St Austell

3rd: Newquay, followed uncomfortably closely by Godolphin.

Best team in Restormel? Stop making these ridiculous claims while you are in the division below us. Something tells me that alcoholic haze is kicking in again...

Having said all that, good luck for tomorrow! :c:

1. Newquay AFC

2. Newquay Combo

3. St Austell

4. Foxhole

5. G

6. St Dennis 2nds

7. St Columb Minor Girl Guides

97. St Blazey

Sorry mate, old habits and all that... Will be in Spoons 2moro from 12.30pm if you want to join the best fans in Cornwall for a couple.

If it's anything like other leagues up and down the country, you have to finish 1 or 2 to be in with a shout of being offered promotion, 3rd will not do.............unless the SWPL have somewhere written into their constitution that a 3rd placed team may be offered promotion if one of the other teams is unable or does not want to.

There is only one man (well 2 if you include Mark) who will be able to tell you the situation.

Judge, you may just see me tomorrow as I have no other match to watch. Havnt been up St Awful for sometime so i might just pop along.

Anyone no of any other decent games to catch in the area??

Somewhere close before we set off on 4 epic trips!! :c:

Paul, I'll make sure I bring a bigger shirt just for you !!!

Come on Dan, you know you want to... why bother going gardening when you can have some fun with the Newquay Loyal, you know you have missed us !

Well Rowett will stick with the side that were awful on Tues and Jim may well put Scotty up front and the rest will be the kids probably, so the score will be...

Judge beats Everton Dave and Lino at Pool in Spoons !!!

OK, got all the info I need.

St Austell 2 v 3 NEWQUAY AFC (After Extra Time)

Sorry Dave, you will be late home but more Adult Cola for those that wish to partake... got quite a few joining us for a bit of merryment, ain't facebook great !

Judge, you may just see me tomorrow as I have no other match to watch. Havnt been up St Awful for sometime so i might just pop along.

Anyone no of any other decent games to catch in the area??

Somewhere close before we set off on 4 epic trips!! :c:

St Blazey Res. v St Stephens Borough?

St Austell 4 v 1 Newquay AET

Newquay took the lead from an excellent finish in a boring first half, St Austell came out in the second half and started to play some good football and got the equaliser 5 minutes from time through Dan Lean after the keeper spilled a cross. Newquay looked tired in extra time and St Austell punished them with goals from Body and 2 from Ollie Brokenshire. Newquay did not create a lot for me but as usual a good crowd and plenty of banter.

Perhaps Newquay should have played Scotty Palmer in goal and put the keeper up front. Scotty might not have dropped the cross and the keeper might have had at least one shot!

Nice to see so many Newquay lads come back for a pint and some grub though, not!

Nice battle of the flags though, but i think we might have won that aswell. :smiley20:

As a neutrual, Newquay won the battle of the flags!! Plenty of good banter from both sides. Be good to see Newquay promoted. St Austell to but I think we dont need anymore crap grounds in the top local league. Once they things in place, it would be for local footballs benifit to see both clubs in the SWPL Prem.

I reckon the score will be St Austell 4 Newquay 1

hope you put money on that :D

No didn't put any money on it,but it's nice to see the boys from up town getting things to go their way after so many years in the wilderness.Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Of course Newquay won the battle of the flags, St Austells poor effort of spray painting some cheap nasty flags from Par market just ain't in the same league... nice try lads but you just don't compare to Cornwalls premier flag bearers. Shame they all came from the players, as you ain't got no fans !

As for the photo, Newquays keeper has two hands planted in his chest, of course it was a foul even if he missed the ball... yes we have seen it and you were lucky to get to extra time. St Austell were as bad as tuesday night, couldn't score in a brothel with a free pass, Body was an nobody and Whetters is so up himself he has his own parking space in the dump of a ground.

As we said for the last 2 weeks, a poor comp, we would rather win promotion, something St Awful can't do due to the state of their ground... Asbestos is not good for anyones health ! Were going up, you ain't !

150 approx crowd, 50 or so from Newquay, 100 or so Blazey fans from last season inc Paul, cheers Bud !

seems to be the same old from Mcnewquay. we're great your not, foul before the goal, our flags are great. were going up....lol! before peppermint gets all shirty this is of course just banter! judge clearly needs to get overhimself and his inferioroty complex, can't help but mention perran in another thread....gimp....lol. all the best

Judge - sounds like awful sour grapes. Do you not have a good word to say about anyone except perfect Newquay?

I wasn't there so I cannot comment on the game itself but the scoreline suggests that St. Austell dominated the extra time. However, you don't mention this.

Also, as you are aware, St. Austell have had their problems in the past. Can you not see that it is good for a large town in the county to have a team in contention for some trophies and hopefully generating some interest in local football fans to come and watch. Maybe, with a bit of success more people will go along and watch, there will come a time when they are in a position to improve the facilities and they will become a club that is worthy of playing top level local football both on and off the pitch.

The game is all about opinions and everyone one will have their own opinion on the game and on the equaliser scored by St Austell with 2 minutes of normal time remaining. However the only opinion that matters is the referee's and he decided it was a goal and so a goal it was. We at Newquay on Wednesday night had an identical incident where the Dobwalls players claimed that their goalie was impeeded before Scott Palmer scored our winner in the final minutes, so in a season these incidents have a way of evening themselves out.

For my part I was extremely proud of the way that the Newquay players dealt with that incident. Given that we were so close to victory, I can understand their frustration and that one or two queried what happened with the referree, but they just got on with it.

We wish St Austell all the best in what will be an exciting sem final against Penzance and we look forward to them visiting us at Mount Wise later in the season.

Thought this game was going to be a lot better than it actually was, knowing both teams are doing really well in the league.

Newquay scored a great team goal from stringing about 7/8 passes together before the Newquay player smashed the ball pass the town goal keeper (think this was the only passes made in the 1st half).

From when Newquay scored St Austell created a couple of half chances with Isbell hitting the bar from long range. But it took until the last 5 mins before town forced the crucial goal forcing the game into extra time with Dan Lean stabbing home from close range much too the disappointment of the Newquay players and few fans they had at the game.

Extra time St Austell looked fitter and stronger than the Newquay players in this period of the game with was to prove the turning point in this game, with further goals from the very impressive 16 year old Ollie Brokenshire 2 and Mike Body.

Thought that the Newquay FAN whom reacted to some young kids in the stand needs to learn to control his temper instead of reacting like he did (was informed after he is the Newquay linesman but not sure).

Also didn’t understand why only a handful of Newqay players came back to the pub don’t think ANY Newquay fans came back either and I thought REAL fans were gracious in triumph or defeat.

Would like to say how good the pitch was looking for this time of the season with no groudsman, its a full credit the the few people who look after it well done.

The Newquay lad in the middle of the park was by far the best player on the park.

Judge i was looking forward to meeting you up our pub but no show well that seems to sum you up !!!!! i suppose the pub wasnt good enough for you either, and just to inform you the flags came from No Players but from a very loyal fan. So you can stick your Scottish, Royal Ensign and Peppermints flag up where the sun dont shine. . The other Red White flag you need to turn it back into your misses pants again !!!!!.

Up the LILLYWHITES :c: :c:

Peppermint & Jimbo are the only voices worth listening to for anything Newquay IMO.

Judge is patriotic and you have to admire that but sadly, the rose tinted glasses should be removed at times.

St Austell deserve whatever success comes their way this year regardless of St Blazey Mass exodus, regardless of crap ground etc, etc, blah, blah blah.

Poltair Park has exciting plans ahead and I for one will savour this thread and the comments from the Judge and re open the debate when the time is right.

If I didnt have respect for the 2 names mentioned at the beginning I would enter into a flurry of insults too however in light of everyone trying hard for their respective clubs, I dont see a need.

Sadly Judge, whilst Newquay are clearly capable, St Austell have the mark over you this season.

Linesman, foul, blah blah blah. This is Football!

Sometimes the best team gets nothing and thats why we love the game. It is the mark of a man however to hold his head up, take it on the chin and get on with it.

Both clubs deserve to be in the Prem, it just may take Newquay another 12 months thats all! :smiley20:

as regards to the flags that were put up.they were just a joke and for a bit of a laugh with the team from some of the supporters but obviously such an up his own newquay fan couldn't really see the bit of banter we were trying to put into the game.

but besides all of that, all that matters is the result 4v1 in our favour and the first team didn't need us (the fans) to where crap replica shirts that look like they were painted on our bodies. and bullying little kids in the stand is unbelivable and if it was up to me i would have him band from all games in the country utter disgrace to the newquay club.

the pitch we have got up at poltair park is probably one of the best pitches that is looked after without having a groundsmen and is done by supporters and commitee members and i think that they should take some pride in it all.alot of hard work is going on up there to sort st.austell out for once and all.

even if you were to go up a league newquay wouldn't last the pace as showed yesterday with 80mins gone fitness and stamina in the side was lacking and then even more so in extra time.

once again rude and offensive comments from the judge when is this vile offensive hypocrite going to be banned from this forum so we dont have to read the bile that is spouted from his mouth????

It seems he is on a one man crusade to make newquay the most hated team in the county!which is a shame cause the players and coaching staff are a good bunch that are haveing a much better season than excpected!

once again rude and offensive comments from the judge when is this vile offensive hypocrite going to be banned from this forum so we dont have to read the bile that is spouted from his mouth????

Yeah, I've just spent ten minutes cleaning up posts - not just from the Judge! :angry2:

OK chaps, sobered up, been to Crediton to watch Newquay AFC U14's win the SW Lions Cup 2-1 and feel it time to put the record straight on a few points.

I gave your flags maximum respect at the time, didn't touch them, rip them down or try to cover them with ours. I actually thought it was quite funny and out of respect, put ours up behind the goal. But to say you won the 'battle of flags' is a joke, backed up by Paul from St Blazey.

The goal should not have been allowed and St Austell didn't deserve to get the extra time. Yes they won the extra 30 mins and I wish them good luck against PZ in the Semi.

Our Lino was out of order and was told in no uncertain terns, that you don't have a go at kids whatever the provocation.

We went to Spoons and the Cookworthy before the match, the latter obvioulsy hasn't been cleaned in 10 years and stank like it too... not a place we would want to visit again.

Crap replica shirts ? How many have you sold ? Oh no you don't do them as you have so few fans. And the quality of our shirts are actually better than the playing kit, the players use Macron (just on't) and we bought them and thet really are skin tight, so we ordered some from Umbro which fit nicely thanks, even over a belly.

Don't recall slating the pitch, just the rest of the set up at Poltair, probably not even Duchy Prem standard let alone SWPL Prem. Don't get me wrong, the top 4 in Div 1 West are all good enough on the pitch to hold thier own in the Prem and that came from a Blazey fan who has seen them all.

See you all at Mount Wise in April.

Thats better Judge, take the banter as it should be, a bit of fun. But you can't slate our support, we have some of the best support around and I would think our average attendances must be up near the top of our league and after the last few seasons at Poltair i'm surprised many would come within a mile of the place, so credit is due for what has been achieved this season, both on and off the pitch.

Can't wait to see you in April.

Guest Peppermint

I was not at the game because I was reporting on the Godolphin v Vospers Oak Villa game and Crouchy my other posting was done tongue in cheek. Jimbo has summed up the match fairly as usual and I would like to wish St Austell the best of luck in the Semi Final against Penzance.

Refereeing decisons over a season will usually even themselves out so perhaps it is our turn next time!

I am sure Newquay will be looking forward to St Austell's visit to Mount Wise next month and hopefully the Peppermints can make it third time lucky!!

It is still a long time to go before the season ends and more twists and turns will happen and no game is a foregone conclusion - just look at Vospers turnaround in form.

Guest meatloaf

on the issue of flags the last time i visited mountwise there was no carlsberg flag up which i think is a breach of league rules and a fine perhaps the judge would be better putting that flag up than the other rubbish behind the goals :thumbsup::yahoo: :thumbsup: