Cornwall Football Forum

Beaconsfield SYCOB 2 Truro City 0

BGB Southern League Diviosion 1 S&W

Beaconsfield SYCOB 2 Truro City 0 h/t 0-0 Attendance 139

Two goals from Bubb- 58m;90+3m

Taken from Tigertalk wbsite

This is the first league double conceded by City when they lost 1-2 earlier in the season.

Other top results

AFC Totton 3 Didcot Town 1

Windsor & Eton 1 Thatcham Town 0

League Table

1 Windsor & Eton Played.29 Points65

2.AFC Totton........Played32 Points63

3.Truro City.........Played30 points 62

4.Beaconsfield.....Played 32 Points 61

BGB Southern League Diviosion 1 S&W

Beaconsfield SYCOB 2 Truro City 0 h/t 0-0 Attendance 139

Two goals from Bubb- 58m;90+3m

Taken from Tigertalk wbsite

This is the first league double conceded by City when they lost 1-2 earlier in the season.

Other top results

AFC Totton 3 Didcot Town 1

Windsor & Eton 1 Thatcham Town 0

League Table

1 Windsor & Eton Played.29 Points65

2.AFC Totton........Played32 Points63

3.Truro City.........Played30 points 62

4.Beaconsfield.....Played 32 Points 61

:(:(:ninja: :P

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Perhaps the owner would prefer a Play Off match at Truro to claw some money in... will definately get some on Weds 6th May when we visit to possibly win the SWPL Div 1 W

Not a big surprise really.This was going to be our toughest remaining away game for the season and a loss against a good team like Beaconsfield is no disgrace.By all accounts a very good game which could have gone either way.Winning the league is still not out of reach for Truro with the crunch game at Treyew Rd on the 24th March when we play Windsor and Eaton,the result of this one could be a good indicator as to who are favourites to win the league.

Perhaps the owner would prefer a Play Off match at Truro to claw some money in... will definately get some on Weds 6th May when we visit to possibly win the SWPL Div 1 W

Wouldnt say you will draw much of a gate Judge.People in Truro are used to watching class teams arrive to play at Treyew Rd.And I wouldnt say Newquay come under that catagory would you?I think you will be lucky if 50 turn up.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Firstly, I love the fact you now accept you will only be in the play offs and secondly, Newquay will bring at least 50 so I take Truro fans couldn't give a toss about their reserves.

Newquay fans support their CLUB and will watch any side representing the club, hence the 84 seater double decker going to Crediton next Sunday to watch our Under 14's. Our Combo side appreciate the support when we don't have a 1st team game (71 at home v Falmouth reserves).

Glory Hunters... mud sticks !

To be the promoted club from the playoffs.

It would not be too bad a situation if Truro finished 2nd. as that would qualify for a Home semi final playoff and then a Home final playoff.

Yes Mike quite agree.Although it would be nice for the club to have automatic promotion by winning the league title 4 years on a run,we at the club would be over the moon to be in with a chance of promotion in the play-offs.If someone was to offer a play-off place at the start of the season we would of bit their hand off.Going into this tough league at the start of the season finishing in the top half would be more than some would hope for.This is one of the toughest leagues around and any team in the top 2/3rds is more than capable of beating each other.But we are still in with a shout of winning it and i'm sure everyone at the club will be giving 100% in the hope that we can achieve this.

We who follow City can be proud, proud of the commitment from everyone associated with the team, players, officials and fans.

TODAY:- I overheard a Truro player (I will not name him), say to Mr. Heaney, sorry about the result, Mr.H replied something along the lines of, the season is over 42 games not just one result, as always Mr.H takes things in his stride, like all of us I am sure he wanted the win but his reaction suggests that although we lost, NO ONE will be put under pressure.

I firmly believe that despite this setback a win against Windsor would lead to City winning the league.

I have said for many months that I thought Truro could be promoted automatically if not winning the league, I think vacant positions may need to be filled to take the place of clubs at a higher level falling by the wayside.

For the first time, I think today the team suffered from travel fatigue, there was something missing, Beaconsfield SYCOB treated the game as a cup final, they were up for it as they will be when shortly they are due to travel to Windsor. Beaconsfield deserved their win, like in a boxing match, they were ahead on points but City had chances to get a draw and one great opening missed by Andy T.

Bang goes my record of not seeing Truro drop a point since Mr.H took over.

I am not a Truro suporter, But come on they lost yesterday, but they are still very near to the top. & I am sure they will continue to progress

I was disapointed to learn that Truro city even charge the fans to park their car when attending a home game,

come on City surely Mr Heaney with his money does not need to resort to this sort of thing,

These are the true City Fans, if this is True, show some thanks to your fans & scrap this charge

Hammers :o:wacko::c: :c:

Firstly, I love the fact you now accept you will only be in the play offs and secondly, Newquay will bring at least 50 so I take Truro fans couldn't give a toss about their reserves.

Newquay fans support their CLUB and will watch any side representing the club, hence the 84 seater double decker going to Crediton next Sunday to watch our Under 14's. Our Combo side appreciate the support when we don't have a 1st team game (71 at home v Falmouth reserves).

Glory Hunters... mud sticks !

didnt you say you supported chelsea,GLORY HUNTERn :clapper:

We who follow City can be proud, proud of the commitment from everyone associated with the team, players, officials and fans.

TODAY:- I overheard a Truro player (I will not name him), say to Mr. Heaney, sorry about the result, Mr.H replied something along the lines of, the season is over 42 games not just one result, as always Mr.H takes things in his stride, like all of us I am sure he wanted the win but his reaction suggests that although we lost, NO ONE will be put under pressure.

I firmly believe that despite this setback a win against Windsor would lead to City winning the league.

I have said for many months that I thought Truro could be promoted automatically if not winning the league, I think vacant positions may need to be filled to take the place of clubs at a higher level falling by the wayside.

For the first time, I think today the team suffered from travel fatigue, there was something missing, Beaconsfield SYCOB treated the game as a cup final, they were up for it as they will be when shortly they are due to travel to Windsor. Beaconsfield deserved their win, like in a boxing match, they were ahead on points but City had chances to get a draw and one great opening missed by Andy T.

BACK TO THE FOOTBALL - A CITY SUPPORTER IS A HAPPY SUPPORTER.

:drink: WE WILL CONTINUE TO CELEBRATE THE GOOD TIMES :drink:

BACK TO THE FOOTBALL - A CITY SUPPORTER IS A HAPPY SUPPORTER.

:drink: WE WILL CONTINUE TO CELEBRATE THE GOOD TIMES :drink:

Where were you before Kevin Heaney took over? probably no-where just like somersetspur. :ninja: :ninja:

DanBlazey - Yes, I was there - along with around 40+ other Truro Supporters,

and

MrT - Mountaineers association and connection with City goes back for Decades [not just years] and He was at Beaconsfield as well.

This season has been quite demanding for the travelling supporters with many trips well over 400 miles there and back.

I can't get to them all as I have to work many weekends but there are the regulars who get to every match and their dedication to supporting their Team has to be applauded..!

I must say it was great to finally meet BigG who I owe a drink the next time we meet.

The attendance was Beaconsfields 4th highest this season, take out the three local derbys that were higher and City added approx 55 to the average gate from the remaining games, of those 55 I who expect 15 to be Cornish exiles and 40 TRAVELLING fans from the West Country.

Not many teams take 10% plus of their home support on their travels.