Cornwall Football Forum

CARLING CUP FINAL.

Thought I would start this topic for all SPURS and UNITED FANS.

I know certain people are not intrested in Tin Pot cups,so we are not intrested in your negative comments.

I'm going to start with fixtures for both clubs before and after the FINAL.

Spurs entertain Shaktar Donesk at home on the Thursday before the Final,in a 2nd leg UEFA CUP game,

then on March 4th we are home to Middlesbro.

United have to travel to play Inter Milan in a 1st leg of the Champions league match on the Tuesday before

the FINAL,then have to travel to Newcastle on the 4th March.

Have any team gained an advantage with these fixtures.?

Will it influence team selection's.?

This Forum has a large number of Spurs and United fans,so lets hear your veiws.

Don't worry to much about the negative posts from certain people,that we will undoubtalbly get, you never

know if we ignore them they might go away.

So come on lets have a great build up to THE CARLING CUP FINAL ON MARCH 1st between

MANCHESTER UNITED and TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I remember M'boro losing in a final at Wembley and getting relegated in the same season, somehow I can't see ManUre completing that double but Spurs probably will.

Thought I would start this topic for all SPURS and UNITED FANS.

I know certain people are not intrested in Tin Pot cups,so we are not intrested in your negative comments.

I'm going to start with fixtures for both clubs before and after the FINAL.

Spurs entertain Shaktar Donesk at home on the Thursday before the Final,in a 2nd leg UEFA CUP game,

then on March 4th we are home to Middlesbro.

United have to travel to play Inter Milan in a 1st leg of the Champions league match on the Tuesday before

the FINAL,then have to travel to Newcastle on the 4th March.

Have any team gained an advantage with these fixtures.?

Will it influence team selection's.?

This Forum has a large number of Spurs and United fans,so lets hear your veiws.

Don't worry to much about the negative posts from certain people,that we will undoubtalbly get, you never

know if we ignore them they might go away.

So come on lets have a great build up to THE CARLING CUP FINAL ON MARCH 1st between

MANCHESTER UNITED and TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR.

Can someone please wake me up?

Yawn...

ZZZzzz...

You said I could have "plenty of sleep on March 1st when the Sp--s are at Wembley again" (Quote!) can't you remember what you wrote?

By the way I have been to the new Wembley before when Kidderminster Harriers played Stevenage in the FA Trophy Final a couple of years ago. Not Arsenal I grant you and neither am I a Kiddy fan but they are my local team and it was the first competetive match at Wembley. Great day out as well. I prefer it to Cardiff although the parking is still as lousy as it ever was.

The omens for the Pub Trophy final are not great. Following a goalless bore at Tottenham, only just below the average goals per game in league matches at Wet Tart Lane this season, we had to sit through the second half of ManUre's predictable cup win yeasterday. Redknapp's so-called cup side, gutless as ever, gave up after falling behind.

As a MauUre hating football lover, even I have to concede that the United winner was poetry in motion. The balance and vision of Carrick fed the timing and poise of Berbatov's finish to perfection. Of course, both needed to join a big club to exhibit such artistry. The sight of poor isolated Redbung standing there all alone at the final whistle, desperate for Purple Nose and two of his acolytes to shake his greasy hand summed up the Spuds' Unternensch status.

Totenham ? "Cup Team" ? Three goals worse than Burnley in midweek, you behaved like the bunch of humble-pie-eating surrender monkeys you are ! Even the Argyle supporters will laugh at you in the Championship next year. You're the next Leeds United. :D

Spurs win the cup, get relegated and win the championship all in 12 months. That will look good on Rednapps CV

The Manc's to win.................................................................. nothing this season

Happy Days are here again

Erm, Club World Cup, I'm sure the Red Devils won that one back at the tail end of last year. :SM_carton:

As United have fielded a virtual second string XI for the previous rounds, I expect more of the same, with a possible line-up of: Foster, Fabio, Neville, Evans, O'Shea, Nani, Tosic, Gibson, Fletcher, Tevez, Welbeck. Subs: Kusczak, Giggs,Vidic, Possebon, Scholes, Ronaldo, Berbatov.

Hedgerow I best give some you interesting facts which really will help you to rethink your statement i would hope. Man U have allready won the Charity shield and Club World Cup THIS SEASON we are now currently top of the premiership, in carling cup final, in the 5th round of fa cup and last 16 of champions league

come may i dont think we will have won nothing :D

Surely it must upset you a bit, Somersetspur, that your "cup speciality team" were dumped out by the artristry of your own former players, pathetically booed by the handful of visiting supporters who bothered to catch a tram to Dead Cat City ! Too busy bombing Gaza, probably.

As a bluenose, I recognise that gooners can be awkward allies, but must accept them, when at their best, as decent opposition to our inevitable sweep to domination of world football. Your surrender monkeys, on the other hand, represent about as much of a threat as Todd Carty Dancing on Ice, even when they try, which in the second half yesterday they didn't.

Think on that while you polejumpers are causing the usual traffic chaos by digging up the gas mains again tomorrow !

:SM_carton:

pathetically booed by the handful of visiting supporters who bothered to catch a tram to Dead Cat City ! Too busy bombing Gaza, probably.

You're a real class act mate!

You came on here and spouted about the silly acts of some Spurs fans at Fratton Park, singing derogatory chants about Sol Campbell.

Then you spout that garbage about the Jewish community, you're full of double of standards, and quite frankly out of order! :angry2:

Guest The Bickland Bloke

I wouldn't want either team to win but i'd have to say Man u just to piss off some people i know who support the scum from the lane :P

Precisely, Bickland.

Peck, I've got nothing against any "community", I just object to Israel bombing children and the USA turning a blind eye till they've created enough hatred to last three generations and the British poodle obediently trotting on a lead behind them.

I'm Rosenberg, I'm allowed to be a dissenting Cornish Jew.

Shall we get back to football now ? :SM_carton:

Precisely, Bickland.

Peck, I've got nothing against any "community", I just object to Israel bombing children and the USA turning a blind eye till they've created enough hatred to last three generations and the British poodle obediently trotting on a lead behind them.

I'm Rosenberg, I'm allowed to be a dissenting Cornish Jew.

Shall we get back to football now ? :SM_carton:

I always endeavour to make my posts football related and topical to the thread subject, however when someone confuses wittiness with cheap & lazy jokes, that smack of double standards, sometimes I just can't help myself to highlight it,

I mean, what's next, you'll make a lazy 'joke' about most of Merseyside being on the scrounge from Government welfare..... whoops, you've already done that this evening!

As a Man Utd fan I believe that Fergie respects every cup. Yes the Carling cup wasn't top priority but at the end of the day its silverware and i know a few teams ( in the big 4 ) would like the feeling of some silverware in the closet. When did Arsenal and Liverpool last win something, 2 or 3 seasons ago. Man Utd to win Carling Cup beating Tottenham 3-1 and i just want to say i feel sorry for the Burnley fans who saw their side come within 2 mins of European football.