Cornwall Football Forum

Torpoint AFC

Guest crosser

not that i'm sad but think the line up was

Andy Gammon, Shaun Chambers, Wayne Hillson, Steve Williams, Steve Spear, Darren Northcott, Tony Cusack, Mark Gammon, Mike Davidson, Gerry Nardiello and No 10 Lee Cansfield.

But the sad fact is I went to every Torpoint Vase game, and i miss them now. Hopefully with the floodlights we will be able to participate again. :yahoo:

oh and for the record the raunds game took place on 10th feb 1996

I agree about the Vase competition. You can't beat a good run in it to get a club buzzing. Let's hope you'll be back in it soon.

Yeah, your right the No.10 is Lee Cansfield. I only asked because when I looked at the clip, he reminded me a little of Bradley Swiggs - the way he shaped to make the cross from the left wing.

Not too good a write up in the Sunday Independent about Torpoint's performance I'm afraid!

"Cardew's men brushed aside" in a fairly large font headline!

And the final paragraph a quote from Phil:"But, from our point view, our performance was a let-down. We simply didn't do ourselves justice."

Never mind, there might be next season now to look forward to! :clapper:

Guest crosser

nah we were shocking in that game gerry had the only real chance of the game which he tried the spectactular volley instead of heading it, you can see me going ape in the background, we had some real good away days tunbridge wells always sticks in my mind.

:D who`s doing the big switch on paul? jodie marsh,kerry katona,peggy mitchell,the gordie dancer!!!! :D

Meeting in the club 7.30pm Monday to make sure the first game goes like clockwork. Plenty to do all interested are welcome to attend and offer their services.

Have been asked by the league to not publicise any fixtue changes until Monday.

ps. Beer went down well.

nice pic at www.torpointathletic.co.uk for all to see.

Will there be an official opening of the lights and who would the club be?

I'm dissapointed to say that a letter to the chairman of our nearest professional team, requesting a game, still remains unanswered.

As the info has been released by PH on the SWPL site, I can announce that our first match will be Friday 9th January V Plymouth Parkway.

I look forward to welcoming Mark and his committee to The Mill for this historic occassion.

Hopefully with the floodlights we will be able to participate again.

Dean, rest assured the application will be in soon :D

Should be a good gate for the Parkway match, lots of local interest especially on a Friday night. I can see 300/400 turning up for this one.

ECPL supporter what are you on about you are being very pedantic. Having an opening ceremony for the official switch on is normal. I suppose having local dignitries etc in attendance does not constitute an opening ceremony. Are you saying that on the day someone pulls the switch and that is it - I don't think so. The occasion deserves a ceremony and I'm sure Torpoint will want to put on a good show. They have waited a long time for this moment.

Guest slimjim

Surprised the ecpl supporter has taken this view on the the fantstic achievment of a well run club especilly as he is the son of the Director of Football down there.

i dont no how many sons the director of football has got but the one im thinking of isnt ecpl supporter , and is extremely pleased about the news on the lights and im sure will be the first person down there supporting the event if it takes place as i no and im sure everyone else knows who is to do with tafc he supports the club at every function

Guest Turkish

i dont no how many sons the director of football has got but the one im thinking of isnt ecpl supporter , and is extremely pleased about the news on the lights and im sure will be the first person down there supporting the event if it takes place as i no and im sure everyone else knows who is to do with tafc he supports the club at every function

he does. im a realy good mate of his and used to play for torpoint and he normally drags me down to any events going on down there. i know hes really excited about the lights going up and the fact the club is moving forward.