Cornwall Football Forum

v. Didcot Town

At the risk of bringing out the "you only post when you're winning" jeers, Truro City did win today, at Didcot 4-3.

City went up 2-1, Marcus Martin was sent off (possibly for swearing?), Didcot equalized, and even with ten men, City got two more and survived a late surge.

The view from the top of the table is nice, but it's tricky footing and hard to stay steady!

Dustin, you will have to move house, today you missed a CRACKER.

The Groundsman and ground staff at DIDCOT provided an almost perfect pitch,

considering it was unplayable at 1 o'clock they worked hard.

The Truro City players I spoke to after said the ground was good. They did well.

The Gremlins of the past have been laid to rest, the old team spirit is there plus a little extra.

Sean McCarthy deserved the singing of his name by the travelling faithful.

The spirit in the team NOW could see them emerge as Champions but they have stiff opposition.

Guest hammer3

what a great result for City, especially after the last few weeks. Hopefully they have had their little blip and can now get going again :)

Does anyone know the scorers?

Looking at the top of the table it's going to be between

Totton, Truro, Didcot, Windsor.

Totton will probably be champs, with one of the other 3 being play-off winners.

Much more clear cut in the Midlands division, Leamington have only dropped 2 pts all season and are running away with the league there.

There are 4 clubs to be relegated from the Southern League Premier

Therefor two clubs from both the SL.Div.1 SW and SL.Div 1 M to be promoted

The champions of each league will be promoted and the next four from each league will be in the play offs

from what I have heard there may not be two legs in the play offs so Home draw will be a great advantage-does anyone know if this is the format?

Edited-

Yes looking at last seasons play offs the 2nd. and 3rd.teams have home advantage in a one off game against 5th.and 4th.respectively.

Within in a week you lot have gone from calling McCarthy to go, to saying your going to win the league, your more fickle than Liverpool fans!

I don't know who the "you lot" is, as I've never called for SMcC's job! And I don't say we'll win the league, either. I'm already on the record as saying I think we'll qualify for a playoff spot -- then it gets interesting!

Totton have got to be favorites at this point, as they've got the lead and the games in hand. We're capable of keeping pace with them, though, when all cylinders are firing.

The goals came from Watkins (9, 71), Smith (32), Walker (69). Watto has been on fire lately, really.

Within in a week you lot have gone from calling McCarthy to go, to saying your going to win the league, your more fickle than Liverpool fans!

I don't know who the "you lot" is, as I've never called for SMcC's job! And I don't say we'll win the league, either. I'm already on the record as saying I think we'll qualify for a playoff spot -- then it gets interesting!

Totton have got to be favorites at this point, as they've got the lead and the games in hand. We're capable of keeping pace with them, though, when all cylinders are firing.

The goals came from Watkins (9, 71), Smith (32), Walker (69). Watto has been on fire lately, really.

Having read Tiger Talk and CS there was alot of doom and gloom Tuesday night-Wednesday and now a win and some of the more fickle lot are saying you can win the league and Sean McCarthy is god!!

I have just about had a gut full of Truro now and i really hope it ends in tears!!

well dont bother to read the truros post and i hope you have a lovely xmas not :Santa: