Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town 1 Ivybridge 0

**** me cris symons with his first clean sheet for 372 games, I bet his brown envelope will be bulging! Earlier this afternoon symons said if I manage a clean sheet tonight there will be 8 feet of snow by the morning! So make sure you all tuck your cars away in the garage tonight we don't want you losing them

Well done to all involved in the recent turnaround at Falmouth Town. The management and players have taken some stick on here and im pleased to see that almost exactly the same group of players are putting things right. How easy would it have been to throw in the towell and jump ship?

No doubt Brinton Nute has had a huge impact since arriving but as far as I know there have been very few other new faces, so credit to all, keep it up!

i watched the game last night and thought falmouth were very very very lucky-ivybridge completely dominated the game with their right back easily the best player on the pitch and couldnt beleive it when they took him off (replacement was aweful). ivybridge were poor infront of goal and tried to walk it in. i think i counted 4 shots from outside the area!!! and they had 2 good penalty claims turned away- but credit to falmouth-they kept on lumping the ball from bk to front and eventually got a penalty-defo pen. and converted it well.

hopefully our game in the senior cup wont be called off-going to be a cracker this weekend!! :c:

The game was a poor game and the only positives from the match was Falmouth gaining 3 points and Beany like a cat between the sticks. i thought that Town were going to be on the end of a thrashing last night with the team they put out but nothing surprises me anymore in cornish football.

Guest geachy1

i watched the game last night and thought falmouth were very very very lucky-ivybridge completely dominated the game with their right back easily the best player on the pitch and couldnt beleive it when they took him off (replacement was aweful). ivybridge were poor infront of goal and tried to walk it in. i think i counted 4 shots from outside the area!!! and they had 2 good penalty claims turned away- but credit to falmouth-they kept on lumping the ball from bk to front and eventually got a penalty-defo pen. and converted it well.

hopefully our game in the senior cup wont be called off-going to be a cracker this weekend!! :c:

maybe ivybridge should give your soccer school a call and book a few training sessions ;)

maybe ivybridge should give your soccer school a call and book a few training sessions ;)

maybe!! i do coach 11year olds who would put the ivybridge teams shooting to shame!! but then again kids that age only have one thing on their mind at that age-shoot!

perhaps ivybridge were told to try and walk it in-not my place to say

i gave a personal oppinion on the game-of course people will agree and disagree

maybe ivybridge should give your soccer school a call and book a few training sessions

Make sure you send your defence as well, 372 games from a last clean sheet, great going!!!!!!

Always like to read the posts before I read the match report in the Herald.........

At least there is one person says it as he sees it (Smithy) other than it says the penalty was harsh, but no mention of the 2 good shouts for one turned down (rough and the smooth).

Could not be there to watch the game, so rely on posts and the Herald reports, just wish they were all like smithys A fair reflection of the game.

The Ivybridge manager has made a couple of subs errors over the last 2 games.......... 2 - 0 up and subs your centre half and centre midfield who are dominating the game at that point..... result 2 -2...... ummm.

maybe ivybridge should give your soccer school a call and book a few training sessions

Make sure you send your defence as well, 372 games from a last clean sheet, great going!!!!!!

Always like to read the posts before I read the match report in the Herald.........

At least there is one person says it as he sees it (Smithy) other than it says the penalty was harsh, but no mention of the 2 good shouts for one turned down (rough and the smooth).

Could not be there to watch the game, so rely on posts and the Herald reports, just wish they were all like smithys A fair reflection of the game.

The Ivybridge manager has made a couple of subs errors over the last 2 games.......... 2 - 0 up and subs your centre half and centre midfield who are dominating the game at that point..... result 2 -2...... ummm.

wow-sum1 agrees with me!!! :thumbsup:

thats gotta be a first

:thumbsup:

Guest plainmoor

A litle bit late I know, bit I've only just read the write up on the Falmouth V Darmouth match, it seems that the 'yellow barron' referee chris stevens from fowey has been up to his old tricks again, 9 more bookings in this games to go with the 9 he gave out in the Parkway V Bodmin match and then 2 reds and another 9 yellows the following week at bodmin!

Has this ref got a problem? does he not know how to get on with people?, is he sad and lonely? chrissy no mates, seriously though I would dearly like to know this guys problem, didn't also walk away from a Goonhavern match at half time last season?

Is he good enough to ref at this level?

Does he need a darn good talking too?

Or were all teh yellows justified?

Quote from Villains - The Ivybridge manager has made a couple of subs errors over the last 2 games.......... 2 - 0 up and subs your centre half and centre midfield who are dominating the game at that point..... result 2 -2...... ummm.

Ivybridge dominated very little of their game with Wadebridge, the centre half that went off was the joint manager and I think you'll find the sub that Wadebridge made was the deciding factor as we changed from 3 centre mids to 2 with an extra striker coming on, who got shoved for the pen and scored the equaliser. No reflection on Ivybridge decisions at all.

Good luck to Falmouth, well done Bowks, you can cut it out now as you're about to go above us!

Duds

Quote from Villains - The Ivybridge manager has made a couple of subs errors over the last 2 games.......... 2 - 0 up and subs your centre half and centre midfield who are dominating the game at that point..... result 2 -2...... ummm.

Ivybridge dominated very little of their game with Wadebridge, the centre half that went off was the joint manager and I think you'll find the sub that Wadebridge made was the deciding factor as we changed from 3 centre mids to 2 with an extra striker coming on, who got shoved for the pen and scored the equaliser. No reflection on Ivybridge decisions at all.

Good luck to Falmouth, well done Bowks, you can cut it out now as you're about to go above us!

Duds

Was that AFTER the subs were made or before your deciding factor?