Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread

Cole are they trying to better last season when they had a goal difference of -87, coz they are not doing very well having scored just 4 goals and conceded 90. re-building? I suggest they start looking in the January transfer window I heard Fal Town ladies have a few good defenders which it looks like Ludgvan are short of. even your mining league div 3 teams have conceded 39 goals, currently 5th in their league and have the 5th highest goals against.

Hayle,Perranporth,Porthleven,St Day, Holmans, Hayle, Portreath, and Wendron have all come up the pyramid system and most are holding their own. Wendron + Portreath are currently in the lowest positions with 14pts (up to this Sat) thats 14 more points than Ludgvan. Are you going to pull the old " we are a founder member club" keep us in the league, at the Combo Agm?

Well i played for Perranwell for 19 years and i really enjoyed playing against Ludgvan! We won 11- 0 at home and i scored 6 ( remember H ? (private message!) And Rappo beat my record !7) so we would miss them and the barmaid at the time was a stunner :drink: But with so many clubs nearby and with the position that they have been in the last few years it must be hard to see the light, but the facilities at Ludgvan are really ok and they don't have a slope on the pitch either ! just the position in the league has been a tad lower than the requirements of the standard in this senior league!! But as for John Mathews!! Well i could tell a joke or 2! but a top bloke ( and he saw my back a few times the number 9) when he was trying to catch me :yahoo: Hope they can turn it around as we don't really want to go to some of the (Junior clubs ) to play!

Well not being prude as Perranwells pitch has a slope but Draceana avenue and the likes ! no thanks :rolleyes:

Come off it Kempy, What you are trying to say is that you would rather play Ludgvan twice where the points are guarenteed than visit Draceana where you would be made to fight for them!! Combo has hit an all time low,(With the exception of a couple of sides) to bring the league up to a better standard you must let the stronger teams in. Marazion and Pendeen are proof of how difficult it is to climb back up the pyramind system it can only make the league better.

Well Top cat!! I was only saying what i think!! i only played there a few times ( Draceana) and the top pitch was so small it was like playing on a 5 a side pitch!! and nothing about points either!! just saying that Ludgvan has got good facilities!! And i know some changes has been made down there but i don't want to go on a slagging match on here!! :c:

I agree with what you said Kempy the top pitch is very small and they have just narrowed it by a metre. but all i am saying is did the Ludgvan boys enjoy Saturday, no. Did perranwell boys really enjoy Saturday, not much the forwards had an hey day the goalkeeper froze, I know the saying you can only beat whats put infront of you. Falmouth Town have excellent facillities but you would,nt put them in the premiership.

Anyway best of luck to Perranwell and Perranporth for the season lets hope it stays tight at the top.