Cornwall Football Forum

Result - November 25th

Personally Im a little concerned with Sean McCarthy recently.After getting walloped at Uxbridge 5-2 with

what he called a unacceptable performence,he followed with the big tongue lashing to his team and

promised big changes and new signings.

Next game against bottom club Winchester,the same team was annouced,and it was to early to get in the

new signings for that match.So after winning 5-0,and improving confidence,why did he change the team

around to give players a rest.?Bridgwater are on a good run,and were going to be a stiff test.

I think I would have played a full strength side, hopefully won the game ,and kept the confidence high.

Please dont give me its only a Cup game and players want a rest rubbish.

Winning is a habit and a good one.Dont tell me Yetton did'nt want to play and score a couple.

All McCarthy has done is put more pressure on for the North Liegh game.this a must win,because four of

the top six are playing each other.

So I am worried for Saturday,we are home,North Liegh will defend,and hit us on the break.

What worries me also is,there has been NO big changes,and Aaron Cook the only new player mentioned

who will not sign because of the travelling.

Was it just words Mr McCarthy.?

I hope I am wrong,but I see Truro struggling on Saturday.

I know the excuses will fly at you from the "mighty white tiger fans" i.e 6 first teamers out last night etc etc but from what i have seen from Truro City is lack of passion and players who seem not to want to be there and they seem to be consistently inconsistent. There were more stewards then fans last night and the game was really poor with Bridgewater the deserved winners in the end not helped with poor keeping from Dan Stevenson. Myself i thought Truro City were a better team by far under Dave leonard.

Up The Mighty White Tigers :c:

P.S Nice to know that the Fan base at Treyew Road has just scraped double figures. :blink:

Guest football mad

Truro city players may be losing confidence in there owner and wonder where his money is going to dry up...... were the 6 players missing with other clubs last night talking about possible moves?????

I think the players missing on Tuesday,are all available for Saturday.

Don't think its about what competition is priority,its about people paying money to see understrength teams

underperforming.

All Mr McCarthy had to say pre-match was he could be fielding a weakened side.

Anyone else got anything constructive to say,or are the rub Truro's nose in it,people going to start

contributing.?

As a Truro resident with a commitment to another local club, I rejoiced in the opportunity a free Tuesday gave me to watch a "higher standard" of football. I had heard of the phenomenal "White Tigers" and duly forked out six quid to watch them on a freezing night.

I have never seen such a pygmy dance of a performance in my life. Thank goodness for the thirteen courageous souls from Bridgwater, whose delightful songs about cider and bridges created more atmosphere than anything happening on the pitch. I was lucky enough to be close to the great and the good of the home club and noted that their consternation at the injury to Marcus Martin contained dark allusions to the foolishness of playing him in the apparently meaningless GQ trophy. I am unfamiliar with Mr GQ, but I feel that this is a most ungrateful attitude to the cup he has sponsored.

For six quid at St Just you could buy at least three small Warrens' pasties or take your pick of pleasure with several local animals as well as watching a game full of blood, thunder, passion, tribal war, random violence, wit, repartee and philosophy. For ten quid you can become Chairman and receive invitations to the Lafrowda Woad Brotherhood. A couple of Curnows and a few of the more frightening Readers' Wives drafted in from Pendeen or Madron as part of a cheerleading squad would have warmed up the evening at Treyew Road no end.

Nevertheless , the Truro club performs an important social function and I would like to use your columns to thank Chris Webb for making tea for my wife at her aerobics class on Monday mornings and to say that, apart from the football, the White Tigers are doing a splendid job. :c: :drink: