Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance AFC

Guest insider

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mike Bassett

You have to feel sorry for a manager, lured all the way down to Penzance from way up the line, having been promised megabucks to support a squad, being told suddenly that he can only take a limited number of subs with him and that those other players must turn out in the Combo League for a side that draws 0-0 with St Agnes and loses heavily at home to St Day and St Just. Now why would you travel all that way to join a rserve team in the Combo League for nothing if there are ten better teams closer to home? And what is the impact on the local boys in that Combo team who are forcibly displaced as a result ? Not really the right way of showing commitment to the area, is it ?

OK, there are arguments on both sides. But why aren't they communicating it all in a straightforward way ? Other clubs or individuals may have forked out for one or two rabbits and carthorses in the past, but they always kept their promises to players.

Not worth the bother now. Down to fifth with only the Throgmorton Cup to play for (heard of that one down here, ave'ee ? )

Might as well get on and build the houses on the Magpie Club now. Don't like this talk of building an alternative ground on the Eastern Green. I can see that from one of my fields when I'm picnicking out there with Mother and I'm not having some bunch of mercenaries ruining my scenic view of the Mount ! :Santa:

PICNICKING OUT THERE WITH MOTHER WHILST LOOKING AT THE MOUNT !!!

What with that and all the s**t stirring you do on this website, how dare 'swordfish' call your life boring ??

:blink:

You wouldn't believe what can be seen from up there with a good pair of binoculars ! What with that and walking the streets at 4 a.m., I've got more information than Google Earth. Stir the s*** ? Me ? Well, only because I'm public-spirited enough to employ folks like you to shovel it.

Boring, indeed ! My Subbuteo League was the envy of Trewellard ! :yahoo: