Cornwall Football Forum

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, GOMEZ's LAST MISTAKE?

Coopsie

I think this is another master stroke by Arry.He has backed Gomes in the media.

But just as a little reminder to Gomes,he brings back off loan,an up and coming youngster,who has

been playing regular football.

Looks like Arry is saying,I will back you my son ,but you must improve because I've got options.

We will see if this is another piece of Arry magic.

Lets be honest,it can't get any worse.

I'll admit that I've been doing my very best to give Gomez the benefit of the doubt and put his errors (monumental f**k ups) down to settling into a new country, league, team etc BUT after that mistake at the weekend I think the faith has pretty much gone :( .. There must be some way that he set an all time record in Holland for consecutive clean sheets, is it simply because the dutch league is crap?. My manager at Gulval said to me on saturday "you know why they call him the octopus dont you, because he sinks to the bottom without a trace". I think he had a point.

I've not seen alot of Alnwick but from what I've heard and read, it seems he is of the same age group of Carson and Hart with just as much, if not more ability but had a suspect attitude thinking he was already the "big I am", however it is now said that after seeing the achievements of Hart and Carson he has knuckled down and sorted himself out and is now craving the chance to prove himself. So maybe Harry will give the lad a chance against Blackburn on sunday?. Afterall, it's one of those theoretical 6 pointers and is Harry really willing to take yet another gamble with Gomez or put one of those magical confidence inspiring arms around young Ben's shoulder and say "young man, you've got what it takes to make the shirt your own, now go out and do it.

At the end of the day, he can't do much worse can he?.. :unsure:

you leave are goalie green,and yes coopsie gomez is shit :clapper:

Good evening young man, hope you're well and your ever increasing family is in great health?

As for Green, I've seen more than a few different stories linking us with a £6million - £7million move for him in January. With your owner's much publicised financial problems back home, do you think such offers would be ignored?. There's also alot of talk about Upson coming our way aswell??

Pat Jennings is a legend and a real top bloke to have a night on the pop with, but he went down in my estimations when he said Gomez was world class - well that was what was said in the paper anyway as he's Spurs goalkeeping consultant.

Makes me laugh also with what is said about Green, Carson, Hart, Kirkland as well really. These are all keepers playing in average teams, that get an absolute shed load of shots to deal with so get noticed. But I don't rate them at all.

Thanks for that constructive critisim,St Darren

So you dont like Pat Jennings,because of something you read in the papers.

And you dont really rate any other Goalkeeper.

Suppose the only one you rate is Pepe.

I think its about time you went back to the Truro City websites,and start annoying them again.

What do you think of Shay Given,because he is hot favourite for Spurs in January.

Suppose he is rubbish as well.

Hayd, I'd never read that shite,

Somerset, I didn't say any of that did I? did I say I didn't like Jennings??? if he thinks that Gomez is world class then something isn't right somewhere, unless what he said was taken out of context, although when questionned about Robinson, he said he was shite, "can't take crosses" and I was there when he said it.

I think Given is a good keeper, I think Green, Carson, Kirkland are overated

"went down in my estimations!" does that say I don't like the bloke?

you seem to think that no one else can have an opinion on things. You said about annoying people on the Truro site, the majority of people on there could take a bit of banter, but both of those forums at the moment don't really have a lot going on on them, maybe cos at the moment Truro are doing things right, and letting all the talk go on on the pitch and not in the paper, good for them.

And for the record, I beleive that Spurs need to sign a new keeper because I don't rate Gomez, he's made far to many basic errors

And for the record, I beleive that Spurs need to sign a new keeper because I don't rate Gomez, he's made far to many basic errors

Agreed Darren mate.. I see we've sacked the goalkeeping coach now and the favourite for the post is the goalkeeping coach from Portsmouth. Now in my opinion the errors that Gomes has made are not cureable by a bit of coaching because if you can't catch at 27 years old, I seriously doubt you can be taught now??.

However, I take into account what David James was like before going to Portsmouth. The guy was truly at the last chance saloon after failing at Man City and was nothing more than a laughing stock for the nation to ridicule but Harry got him in and look what's happened since.. That laughing stock has re-established himself as Englands number one and I think that pretty much all of us on here have had him in our team in the past when we've predicted who we would want out there playing.

So hopefully Harry can get this fella in from Pompey and we wont have wasted £7million on the clown that is Gomes. :unsure:

Guest Man on the Post

I think Gomes has been having a crisis of confidence just like David James did when he was nicknamed 'Calamity James'.

If you check you will find that Gomes had some remarkable stats with PSV. He has the record for the highest percentage of clean sheets in the Dutch league. In his first season in Holland he went 16 hours and 11 minutes without conceding a goal. In the same season he went on another run of 817 minutes without conceding and in his third season he had another run of 956 minutes without conceding. His loss of confidence could not have been predicted and it has been a disaster for Spurs. I think this will hang over him while he remains at Spurs and his confidence will not return until he moves to another club, just like David James.

Although,I agree that Gomes is'nt doing it at the moment.

My argument is,if Pat Jennings see's something in this guy,and he has cost us £9 million,we have

got to see if we can turn him around.

He came to Spurs with a big reputation,and was idolised by PSV fans,in fact I think they voted him

player of the season.

He is an International goalkeeper,so lets not just toss away £9million,but try and turn him into some form.

On Saturday,everyone was quick to slag off his error,but the score could have been worse if it was'nt for 2

excellent saves he made.

So lets give him a bit more time with our Arry's team.?

Thank you Man on the post for a sensible reply.

• 2 weeks later...

The generosity of your own fans in giving Gomez such rousing cheers every time he does not drop the ball epitomises what we in education call giving constructive feedback.

"Heurelho is trying very hard to put his diffculties with Mr Ramos behind him and there are signs of improvement in some of his goalkicks. He is making progress in trying to use his hands to get to the ball. Heurelho should try not to become over-excited and distracted by other players, as this may lead to silly mistakes." :unsure:

Against mediocre Dutch league teams like Nijmegen, I believe that in the past Ho Ho Ho Heurelho set a record of minutes without conceding. That in itself reflects the poor standard of the opposition. Against the Nijmegen attack as it performed on Tuesday, no keeper from the Falmouth and Helston League, Division Three would have conceded either.

Ever the optimist, however, as befits Plucky Little Tottenham. :thumbsup:

As a supporter of a side setting an all-time record for away wins in the Premiership, you will understand why I smile at your triumphalist hailing of an away point for Tottenham, which rather makes my point that, while your club deserve respect for trying hard, you are making up the numbers !

"They also serve who only stand and wait" .

Arsenal on Sunday? Thank you for your kind wishes. As last year, when we let La Sagna put them ahead at the Bridge, it won't matter if we do concede. Anelka will simply score more than Van Petulant and all the Prettyboys put together. :c::drink: :D