Cornwall Football Forum

Best team, worst pitch?

Guest man on! the sideline

Guest man on! the sideline

with perranwell about to host perranporth and trying to secure there 100% home record (the last team in the combo with that bragging right) i was wondering: how much is it to do with the ground?, and will gossie, rusty, and co be able to get any kind of result?

tough call

with perranwell about to host perranporth and trying to secure there 100% home record (the last team in the combo with that bragging right) i was wondering: how much is it to do with the ground?, and will gossie, rusty, and co be able to get any kind of result?

tough call

I'm not getting drawn into this debate - we'll have to wait until Saturday to find out won't we? Just as long as it doesn't rain cos I don't like getting wet :(

In my personal opinion, Perranwell have been the best side we have played so far this season - for one half at least! We were 2-0 up and still managed to lose so I think it will be an entertaining game. Is it safe to say that a 0-0 result is highly unlikely with the firepower on show?

As for the pitch, well, it isn't the best - but I don't think it is enough of a problem to prevent either side from playing decent football. Having played at St Ives on Saturday I do not need any convincing that it is the poorest (and potentially most dangerous) surface in the Combo.

Perran will have to adapt their game to play at "Well" as they won't be given time to play their usual football, Dave will have his team in "Porth's" face from the start and they will certainly be up for it. The slope can sometimes catch you out especially if you are backtracking to take a cross and find yourself getting lower and lower. Safe bet I suppose is a draw but I remember at goonhavern we had a 1st V 2nds game at the top of the combo against St Just about the same time into the season and everyone was predicting a draw and we won 8-0 !!!! so I think it could just be who wants it more on the day............

I'm sure it wil be close but the Perranporth players will know what to expect with the pitch as most if not all would have played ther before.

I don't think the pitch makes that much difference to a good Perranwell side who have had a successful start to the season away from home too.

Best of luck to the Perranporth lads.

I hope the game shows just how good the top combo sides are.

:P

Here's oe for you all to think about

Look at the table

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20table.htm

or

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2008%20expanded.htm

If Perranwell and Perranporth draw 0-0 and Illogan lose or draw 0-0 against Falmouth, Penzance only need to beat Penryn 37-0 to go top of the league.

Seriously if the top 3 draw and Penzance win there could be 4 teams at the top all with 30 points. When did that last happen?

Will Portreath get anything at Porthleven. Portreath unbeaten at home in the league but have lost 5 from 5 on the road.

Wendron v Helston, a local derby. Should be a good match.

By the way if you've nothing to do next Wednesday evening, 12th November, Penzance's home game v Porthleven has been brought forward from the Saturday

Well Paul Penzance going top on saturday!! What's the saying? if me Auntie had balls!!!!

And as for the pitch i was at Falmouth last week and the surface there was not good very bouncy but this time of the year it is hard for part time groundsmen to prepare a surface like Mr Baker does at Penryn!

The league can't be won before xmas but you could lose it before!!

Good luck to Perran on saturday! Well most of you who know me will know which Perran!

And Big no 5 the other end please :drink:

Ok may miss the odd , . ! mark but i don't understand how this one is? I know big no 5! but the other comment's i made maybe only Issac could as a few on here are a tad dopey!!! :SM_carton_y:

Do you think curly locks will follow in his fathers footsteps?? :rolleyes:

It's gonna be an interesting fight that one Dave, if his mother has anything to do it he'll be egg chasing & I'll be kicking a proper ball around the park with him...but we'll have to wait & see....gonna take him to watch a game tomorrow weather permitting.....We're down at Port but might stay local if the weathers crap....anyway I'll keep trying to understand your posts & c u soon.

Well no x on the end of your message? :) I think they call it going off in tangents! Well the bloody bangs have been going off here ( in the sky) for 5 days now! Well Redruth people are lovely but 5th of November is why most Redruths kids are born in August!! Will do! As in c u soon! :D

I think you'll find most players moan about the pich because the surface is shocking, on a par with St Ives in my opinion. Im sure the game will be a close affair, just gutted I wont be there to see it :drink:

how you can call the saltings a bad pitch i'll never know!! :SM_carton::SM_carton:

The Saltings is so uneven its like a golf course!

Well Kappa you have not been to Perranwell's pitch lately? as the surface is a lot better than it was a few years ago! :c:

Well it wasn't yesterday! It was like an ice rink before the game even started. And it's not the same for both teams at all, Perranwell train on that pitch and are adapted to the playing surface, the slope and all the other things that contribute towards "home advantage".

Yes we do train at Truro School, we had Pre-Season and a few training sessions on the Worst Pitch In Cornwall!! But i believe it is the same for both, i am sure Dave Fishers game plans don't have the pitch in mind!!

Ronin, you won the game so why you still moaning???

Topcat, don't slag off Perranporths pitch they have spent alot of someones money turning that from Perranporth beach over-spill into a fooball pitch!!!

If thats the case then money well spent! Played on it yesterday, the pitch is a credit to the club!

ronin how the f$$k is playing on a shit pitch to our advantage when you very well know we play good football and dont just hoof it,if anything its a bit of a disadvantage

and i think if your honest the result yesterday was a little harsh we deserved a draw at least

your goalkeeper was top drawer...

we had far more chances and he made some great saves

but anyway well done !

Blimey I have caused stir haven't I? :(

Deano - I'm not moaning Babe I'm just saying the pitch was slippery before the game started never mind once the rain came :mellow:

Man On The Post - my mistake :huh:

Kempy - I'm not blaming Perranwell for the weather ;)

And Speedy please calm down Hunny :rolleyes: At no point did I say that Perranwell didn't play good fooball or that you just hoof the ball - Scott Kinge will vouch for the fact that I said the game could have gone either way when we were chatting on Facebook later yesterday. I thought you guys played a good game and the conditions certainly went against you more than us as you had several chances in front of goal that didn't pay off due to players slipping over in the mud, but given the weather that would have happened wherever the game was played.

For anyone who's interested Ben Goldring's head has stopped bleeding now and he has a big lump of glue on it now to remember the game by :) And I'm half way through a bottle of plonk cos my Under 13s won their first game today :yahoo: