Cornwall Football Forum

ARE MANAGERS WRONG FOR DEFENDING THERE PLAYERS

Guest stealth

Guest stealth

I WAS ASKED TO LEAVE THE GROUND BY THE REF AFTER I GAVE A FEW CHOICE WORDS ON HIS HANDLING OF THE GAME WHERE SEVERAL OF MY PLAYERS WERE KICKED ALL OVER THE PARK AND BAD TACKLES THEY WERE TO, AND THE REF NEVER EVEN HAD A WORD, HE ALSO TOLD ME TO LEARN THE HAND BALL RULE CAN ANYONE CLEAR THIS ONE UP FOR ME( [A PLAYER IS ON THE FLOOR THE BALL COMES OFF HIS FOOT SO HE THEN PUSHED THE BALL WHICH WAS ONLY ABOUT 18 INCHES OFF THE GROUND WITH HIS HAND IS THAT HAND BALL?) :ninja: WAS I WRONG FOR VOICING MY OPPION OR WAIT TILL SOMEONES LEG GETS BROKEN :ninja:

A PLAYER IS ON THE FLOOR THE BALL COMES OFF HIS FOOT SO HE THEN PUSHED THE BALL WHICH WAS ONLY ABOUT 18 INCHES OFF THE GROUND WITH HIS HAND IS THAT HAND BALL?

Is this one of those trick questions.....

unless he's a goalkeeper then YES it is a handball.....? Why would you think it wouldn't be?

are you saying he was on the floor as a result of a perceived foul on him? Either way if the Ref hadn't stopped play then it's still a deliberate handball...... :SM_carton_y:

Guest stealth

the player wasnt fouled and he wasnt the keeper, i shouted to the ref hand ball so he blew the whistle stopped the game and came over to the touch line to have a word with me in which he said ( I SHOULD LEARN THE HAND BALL RULE BEFORE I GO SHOUTING MY MOUTH OFF) and no he didnt give hand ball

BMANNING DIDNT EXSPECT ANY DIFFERANT ANSWER FROM A REF ON THIS TOPIC :SM_carton: :ninja:

I WAS ASKED TO LEAVE THE GROUND BY THE REF AFTER I GAVE A FEW CHOICE WORDS ON HIS HANDLING OF THE GAME WHERE SEVERAL OF MY PLAYERS WERE KICKED ALL OVER THE PARK AND BAD TACKLES THEY WERE TO, AND THE REF NEVER EVEN HAD A WORD, HE ALSO TOLD ME TO LEARN THE HAND BALL RULE CAN ANYONE CLEAR THIS ONE UP FOR ME( [A PLAYER IS ON THE FLOOR THE BALL COMES OFF HIS FOOT SO HE THEN PUSHED THE BALL WHICH WAS ONLY ABOUT 18 INCHES OFF THE GROUND WITH HIS HAND IS THAT HAND BALL?) :ninja: WAS I WRONG FOR VOICING MY OPPION OR WAIT TILL SOMEONES LEG GETS BROKEN :ninja:

Perhaps you don't know the rule. (and some of the other contributors)

The word that is missing from your description is "intentional".

Did he see the ball coming? Was he unable to move his hand out of the way? Did he fall and so he couldn't avoid "pushing" the ball? Could the ball have struck his hand rather than vice-versa?

If any of these are, in the referee's opinion, the case, then it was not handball and you were wrong.

And, you were very, very wrong to criticise the referee.

(I actually think that you were very wrong to criticise him anyway.)

Guest geachy1

who was the ref?

i dnt know if iv read this right but stealth appealed when he saw the hand ball and called handball?

then ref came over and told him to learn the rules?

nothing wrong with appealing if you thought you saw a hand ball.

i would of told the ref to get fucked if he tryed getting cocky. :D

exactly y i have a 56day ban coming up.

unless it was nigel jewell nigel nicholls or mike carter cos there my favoute refs :thumbsup:

oldasitgets read the post and you will see i said he pushed the ball with his hand so thats deliberate id say

why can't he push it unintentionally? Not seeing the ball, not being able to help it as he overbalances, reaching for his lost contact lens etc etc.Just the same as if he unintentionally propels the ball, it isn't a foul.

Don't understand.

who was the ref?

i dnt know if iv read this right but stealth appealed when he saw the hand ball and called handball?

unless it was nigel jewell nigel nicholls or mike carter cos there my favoute refs :thumbsup:

Only 56 days? With that attitude, the next ban won't be long coming after that one.

Quite right too.

Keep it up. We won't have to put up with it for many games in a season, Thankfully.

Guest stealth

oldasitgets read the post and you will see i said he pushed the ball with his hand so thats deliberate id say

why can't he push it unintentionally? Not seeing the ball, not being able to help it as he overbalances, reaching for his lost contact lens etc etc.Just the same as if he unintentionally propels the ball, it isn't a foul.

WHO THE MENTION A FOUL? LOOK I DNT KNOW IF UR DEAD FROM THE NECK UP ALL I ASKED WAS IT HAND BALL BY THE PLAYER OR NOT? HE WASNT OVER BALANCING AS HE WAS ALL BUT FLAT ON HIS BACK AS A RESULT OF SLIPPING WHEN PASSING THE BALL IN WHICH IT REBOUNDED OF ANOTHER PLAYER BACK TOWARDS HIM WHERE IT STRUCK HIS FOOT AND THEN HE PUSHED THE BALL AWAY WITH HAND AS IT WAS HEADING TOWARDS TWO OF OUR PLAYERS NEAR BY WERE HE WAS ON HIS ASS ON THE EDGE OF THE 18 YARD BOX. TELL ME DELIBERATE HAND BALL OR NO? NO ONE MENTIONED FOUL :ninja:

Don't understand.

who was the ref?

Only 56 days? With that attitude, the next ban won't be long coming after that one.

Quite right too.

Keep it up. We won't have to put up with it for many games in a season, Thankfully.

Guest stealth

Stealth,where ever did you learn to abuse referees.?

As for the answer to your question,when I was a football manager,I would defend and back

my players 100%.

somersetspur and as a manager you under stand were im cummin from on defending my players. And we know we have no chance in our views against refs because of the shortest of them. But if we get fined for voicing our oppinion on ref's that are poor and have to write a letter to say why we have gave them a low mark surely it dnt take rocket science that they handled the game poorly. we get fined so why not fine them as they get well paid for 90 minutes of football :ninja: :ninja:

Guest geachy1

Don't understand.

who was the ref?

Quite right too.

i was only joking bill just seeing what people would say to it.

and bill my bad atutude is my hard luck, but id rather be me than mr perfect like u.

Guest stealth

Stealth,where ever did you learn to abuse referees.?

As for the answer to your question,when I was a football manager,I would defend and back

my players 100%.

You'd defend and back them when they're in the wrong?

I don't remember them supporting you too much at the end of last season!

oldasitgets your write they didnt defend me when they were wrong last season as i WASNT THERE LAST SEASON :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

As a manager you will always defend your players. If you think they are in the wrong then it is best dealt with inside the confines of the dressing room. As a manager who has on occasions been sent not only to the stand but the car park, outside the boundaries of a playing field and even one stage to a pub, for lets say having a differing opinon with the man in the middle, I have to agree with stealth, as players and managers we are told to have respect for the referee but it is hard sometimes to have respect for an official who is obviously not up to the job in hand, however, the powers will be will defend the ref with as much vigor as I would defend my players, the only problem is they have the power to bring the manager up on a charge, therefore, using their authority to silence those people who give up their time to run football at junior levels and do not in the majority of cases get paid for it , like said officials.

It would be nice once in a while if a complaint was received from a team regarding an official if those in charge would actually take action. Unfortunately with the shortage of refs this will never happen.

At the end of the day you get good refs and bad refs as u do with managers and players. It is just a shame that punishments only go to one section of the game. <_<

Guest stealth

As a manager you will always defend your players. If you think they are in the wrong then it is best dealt with inside the confines of the dressing room. As a manager who has on occasions been sent not only to the stand but the car park, outside the boundaries of a playing field and even one stage to a pub, for lets say having a differing opinon with the man in the middle, I have to agree with stealth, as players and managers we are told to have respect for the referee but it is hard sometimes to have respect for an official who is obviously not up to the job in hand, however, the powers will be will defend the ref with as much vigor as I would defend my players, the only problem is they have the power to bring the manager up on a charge, therefore, using their authority to silence those people who give up their time to run football at junior levels and do not in the majority of cases get paid for it , like said officials.

It would be nice once in a while if a complaint was received from a team regarding an official if those in charge would actually take action. Unfortunately with the shortage of refs this will never happen.

At the end of the day you get good refs and bad refs as u do with managers and players. It is just a shame that punishments only go to one section of the game. <_<

WELL SAID :ninja::ninja::ninja: :clapper:

So what sort of punishments do you want to see to the referees? Suspensions? Fines? Most referees in the county do it to put something back into the game and try and enjoy their football just as the players do. If you ban referees then you will have the old cheshnut of more games being cancelled due to no referees and if you fine referees more people will be discouraged from starting refereeing due to the pressure.

LETS FACE IT, THE MAN IN THE MIDDLE HAS A HARD JOB, FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE DONE IT ON THE ODD OCCASION WILL KNOW. AS A PLAYER AND A MANAGER AND THE ODD REF!!! I HAVE TO SAY WE ALL DONT ALWAYS AGREE WITH WHAT A REF SAYS OR DOES BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY WE HAVE TO AGREE WITH WHAT HIS WORD IS, HE CAN NOT SEE EVERYTHING THAT GOES ON, HE CAN NOT BE ON EVERY INCH OF THE PITCH SO CAN ONLY CALL ON WHAT HE SEES OR WHAT HIS LINESMAN SEES AND CALLS...

IF IT WASNT FOR REFS IN CORNWALL THERE WOULD NOT BE THE AMOUNT OF GAMES PLAYED THAT ARE AT THE MOMENT..

DO WE WANT A SHORTAGE OF REFS???? NO I DONT THINK SO.. LET THE MAN IN THE MIDDLE DO WHAT HE HAS TO AND GET ON WITH PLAYING OR MANAGING THE GAME WE ALL LOVE...

FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL.

AT THE END OF THE DAY THERE ARE GOOD REFS AND BAD ONES BUT THEY ARE THERE TO DO A JOB SO LET THEM DO IT AND DONT GIVE THEM GREIF.... WUD YOU LIKE THE GREIF THEY GET????

COME ON YOU REFS KEEP THE GAME GOING IN CORNWALL, YOU ARE THANKED BY ALL AT TMS AND MYSELF FOR THE JOB YOU DO. :yahoo:

Guest stealth

So what sort of punishments do you want to see to the referees? Suspensions? Fines? Most referees in the county do it to put something back into the game and try and enjoy their football just as the players do. If you ban referees then you will have the old cheshnut of more games being cancelled due to no referees and if you fine referees more people will be discouraged from starting refereeing due to the pressure.

i dont see ref's commin on here moanin about the dosh they get for 90 mins of football. most players pay up to £5 subs to just play a game of football and they have a chance of payiun a fine if steppin out of order the ref gets a mnite out down the pub

Actually you do not see refreee`s coming on here moaning at all.

no you dnt money's to good for ref's

Stealth

Do you think £16 for junior games is good money for all the grief the referee gets? We also of course get travel expenses at a rate far less than what it actually costs to run a car per mile.

But don't forget we actually first have to pay to affiliate as a ref, then theres kit to buy; - shirt, shorts, socks, boots, whistles, flags, notebook, cards & watches. Great little earner!!

at a far far less then fuel?????

what do you drive ?? a bus??

fuel is not the only cost to run a car. What about, tax, insurance, servicing, tyres etc? mile for mile, the travel expense does not cover everything.

I do think the rate it is currently is very generous, but for those out there thinking referees are raking it in, think again! My furthest journey was 250 miles round trip, away from home for 9 hours & received match fee & travel totalling a little over £75.

No bus, but a nice r reg rover 600

Referees who do not come up to standard should be retested by an assessor and until they are deemed up to the standard should not ref a game with a mentor with them. Just a thought!!!

Regarding referee and the cost of travel it is the same for players and managers, I travelled to Callington last year which was a hundred mile round trip which came out of my pocket. As a manager I have to travel many miles a sesaon but the club do not pay me at least as a ref you get some money back towards the cost.

So I do not think the grip on the mileage should come into it.

Luffy thats one decent idea. The only problem is again the shortage of mentors/assessors. I think most at the end of the day are honest and try their best. They do a thankless job at the end of the day.

On another note for the second week running I have no game due to there being too MANY referees for games in Birmingham area today!

Luffy thats one decent idea. The only problem is again the shortage of mentors/assessors. I think most at the end of the day are honest and try their best. They do a thankless job at the end of the day.

On another note for the second week running I have no game due to there being too MANY referees for games in Birmingham area today!

I agree it is a thankless job, I qualified as a ref a few years back but due to managerial committments I could only do very few games and mostly either kids or Vets, so I do understand the pressures they come under. It is just that there are a few of the men in the middle who do not always use commonsense or seem to misinterpret the rules. It is a shame that there are not more mentors or assessors as I am sure that not only would the standard of referee be increased but the refs themselves would feel supported as well.

Maybe they could borrow refs from the Midlands to help the county out, that way everyone would get a game.

On another note Do you think the standard of football in the Midlands is better or the shame as Cornwall? I played a few years in Northamptonshire and to be honest the standard was probably better, could be that we had access to more coaches and also there were many more professional clubs around the area.

From the games I have done so far the standard would seem a little better. Also the size of each league is massively bigger. One Saturday division in just the West Midlands is around 9 divisions in area and 6 in another. Also there is 7 sunday leagues on the morning alone and many more in the afternoon.

I do though believe that many of the players in Cornwall show more respect to the referees than those in Birmingham.

From the games I have done so far the standard would seem a little better. Also the size of each league is massively bigger. One Saturday division in just the West Midlands is around 9 divisions in area and 6 in another. Also there is 7 sunday leagues on the morning alone and many more in the afternoon.

I do though believe that many of the players in Cornwall show more respect to the referees than those in Birmingham.

I expect that several of the teams are youth club related, and they probably have a more broad mixture of society. With all these divisions What are the facilities like on the whole?

Maybe they could borrow refs from the Midlands to help the county out, that way everyone would get a game.

You're joking Rich, we'd never afford the mileage..... :thumbsup::yahoo: :clapper: