Cornwall Football Forum

What about that then?

gillo10

Got the 3 points but lets face it that was a shambolic performance. Are all you hero worshippers out there still as happy as you were after the ONE good performance last month. And before you jump down my PC's throat yes I know we have 9 points from 3 games and gotta be happy with that stat but this was like Truro 1sts STRUGGLING to beat a Fal/Helston 3 side

Guest Peppermint

Oh for God's sake England are top of the group and they got another three points. This is much better than McClaren etc could achieve so let's celebrate that rather than being so negative!

I note Scotland could only draw so why have we as England got to be so critical I am happy with the result so why do we have to be so hyper critical!!!!!!!

What the hell does Sotland have to do with it? Couldn't give a rats ass about them.

I too am happy with the result but the performance was a shambles,or do you think its all rosy because we got the points? What happens if we make the finals and are playing decent teams every game, one good performance wont cut the mustard then will it, or will we all be chuffed with quarter finals again?

Agree with you Gillo,first half was dire.

England just have'nt got the technical ability,to open up sides that shut up shop,and stop England from

playing.

It was only,when we went in front,and the opposition decided to have a go,at us.

England started to find the gaps.

How,shit is Ashley Cole.?

Why on earth did Spurs let Defoe go.Quality strike today.

Guest Peppermint

I think Spurs would love to be at the top of the league!!!!!!

I am sure there are a number of Forum users are happy with the result - and it matters not a jot what the persistent moaners think. Let's face it if England won 100-0 someone would moan!!!!!!!

Scotland was mentioned because the Jock supporters would soon mention the fact if England lost and Bonnie Scotland won!!!!!

If I come across as a persistant moaner I apolgise but why do I persistantly moan? Apart from it being part of my nature which Im sure friends and family would testify for it's because England persistantly play like shite. They played superbly last month and I was one of the first on here to praise the side.

Bit immature to bring the Spurs "situation" into this.

Also be careful calling the scottish folk jocks, this day and age someone will probably take offence and sue you for thousands :yahoo:

Guest Peppermint

So sorry about the touch of humour about the dig at Somersetspur but it was only a joke. Sorry for having a sense of humour!

The Scotland supporters are quick to have a go at England so what is the harm of having a go at them.

Finally if England can keep winning then that is alright by me and probably most supporters who watched the game tonight at Newquay Football Club!!!

i think that the 1st half we were poor & seemed to rush everything but then 2nd half we sorted it out.it was always goin to be difficult against a team who put everybody behind the ball,but i knew in the end we would get the job done which was the main aim.please dont mention spurs :( ,it was nice to forget about them for a weekend & watch another team i support win for a change :yahoo: :thumbsup:

I've seen England play live in both the last world cups but this time I've got a feeling this could be the side despite the initial proformance . You've got to be honest you have to give Kazakhstan credit, I thought they were the better side in the 1st half. A young side, hungry to make a impression. Yeah England won, but what was Cashly Cole thinking letting their forward through on goal like that, very unprofessional. Apart from that a well rounded 2nd half and rightly so, I wouldnt expect anything less from players who play in the Premier League not Conference South. D James rarely tested, Thought E Hesky had a good game holding the ball up.

3 points cant complain but you cant perform like that in the World Cup.

Guest cloak and dagger

If I come across as a persistant moaner I apolgise but why do I persistantly moan? Apart from it being part of my nature which Im sure friends and family would testify for it's because England persistantly play like shite. They played superbly last month and I was one of the first on here to praise the side.

Also be careful calling the scottish folk jocks, this day and age someone will probably take offence and sue you for thousands :yahoo:

I can testify that Gillo10 is a persistent moaner

I can testify that Gillo10 is a persistent moaner

Bloody hell Gillo10 mate, you and me should get together one day and have a few drinks and have a good old moaning session. Seems we may well be cut from the same cloth buddy ;) .. God I love a good old moan :P

Ha ha sounds like a plan Coopsie, some days if I won £5million on the lottery I would probably say it wasnt enough!! :(

On a further point what do people think about the booing of Cashley Cole on Saturday, and the fact he is bottled it, sorry I mean injured, for Wednesday night?

Personally I can fully understand why he was booed as at the time we were being outshone by a team 140th ish in the world and they had all payed hard earned cash to watch that pile of drivel and he made a complete balls up to gift them a goal. Pretty sure most of the players would not have been booed had they made same mistake but Cashley's "previous" distances himself from the general public.

What ya think folks?

I think that the booing of Cashley was perhaps out of order ethically, however, supporters have spent ALOT of money to go and watch/support their national team and when a SCHOOLBOY ERROR like that is made they have the right to let the player know that he's an over-rated show pony who is about as competent in his home life as he is at defending and passing to his keeper. D1CK. :SM_carton: :c:

I did say to the wife before kick off that when I found out the way england were set up for the first half that "We wouldn't score before half time". When teams get 10 men behind the ball we just become cluless as to how to unlock them. I also was impressed with the way the visitors played and they were unlucky not to have got another couple.

Felt sorry for Barry as he was made a scape goat at half time as England reverted to 4-4-2 (4-4-1-1) which to be honest is the best way for them to play. Rooney is a class player but he is just happy to be playing so he says that he will play anywhere but in the first half was put out to the left again. its time for him to say enough is enough to Ferguson and Capello and say my best position is feeding off of a big striker and thats were you should play me. Same with Gerrard, we are getting that "can Lampard & Gerrard play together " business where Gerrard finds himself as a left winger or holding midfielder when his best position is once agin playing off of the front two at Liverpool who build a platform for him to run onto. Surely it is as sim ple as our lower league football where if one midfielder goes the other holds.......

Thought Matthew Upson had a dodgy game same as wes brown and Theo started brilliantly and then got progressivelly worse, I think we may see more of Walcott and Beckham as a sub double act. As for Ashley Cole we all make mistakes and I thought the boo-ing was a bit harsh, but he wasn't mr popular in the first place for ditching the gorgeoud cheryl, which alot of people hate about him.

As for Heskey he done a good job again but he must be the only centre forward who is told before he goes on "Just lead the line and dont worry about scoring"

Finally the big test will come in Belarus, but a win there will have us with one foot in the finals before a 4 month break.

my England team:

JAMES/GREEN

JOHNSON RB

COLE/BALE LB

FERDINAND CH

TERRY CH

COLE LW

GERRARD CM

LAMPARD CM

WALCOTT RW

ROONEY CF

ASHTON CF (if ever he gets fit)

Guest Peppermint

All I would add to my previous postings and risking the wrath of Gillo10 who seems to object to whatever I put on here.

The Times today as an article by Simon Barnes about the game and he sums it up well by saying most observers and press etc make up their mind by half time and then it does not seem to matter what happens in the second half. He is not Sports Columinist of the Year for nothing!

If any team I follow can keeping winning despite playing poor then I am going to be happy!!!!

yes your right coopsie I'm thinking of someone else, could be shorey.........

Good full back and was in the reckoning for a while not so long ago if I'm not mistaken??. Wayne Bridge is another who I rate above Cole and what happened to Lescott?. He played there a few times (for England)as a stand in last season. Also, we all know that we are weak on the left side of midfield and Downing simply isn't the answer (more polite than calling him a useless wan**r), so what the hell does Ashley Young have to do to get into a senior squad?. The guy is ripping teams to shreds EVERY week in the Premiership and from what I've seen he's also doing it in the uefa cup. He has pace to burn, can use BOTH feet, can cross with as much accuracy as Beckham and plays like his belly is on fire every game he plays.

Ah Peppermint dont be like that bud we all have different opinions on things, would be a boring world if we were all the same. At least you support a decent team!

Refering to the article, which I have'nt read, it does seem to be a good arguement. However I also watched the game and, in my humble opinion, we did not look the better side until the final 15 mins. Maybe this is down to fitness maybe is just the fact our players are better than theirs? However, we are ranked in the top 15 in the world and they are behind the likes of Haiti!! Forget the amounts they earn our players should be able to PLAY far better than they did. Again I state I am more than happy with the 3 points but feel the performance was terrible.

I notice in todays papers it's all about Gerrard whinging because he thinks being substituted will end his England career.

Capello does have a problem because Gerrard and Lampard just do not play together. I have been a major critic of Lampard and to be fair he looks far more comfortable without Gerrard than with. It's a shame because Gerrard wears his heart on his sleeve but has never got out of his schoolboy way of playing by charging all over the field wanting the ball at every opportunity. In my view this is his major problem. Again Lampard has looked good in the last two games. Against Coratia when they went down to 10 men and against Kazakstan who put everyone behind the ball. It wasn't until England scored that Kazakstan actually tried to attack.

And then there is Beckham. Everyone is charging around the pitch and he was able to use his speed. yes you critical chumps who think he cant run fast For those of you who could remember neither could Stanley Matthews. He only needed the firts 10 yards to cause the damage. And then there is his incredible crossing ability. He will be a round for the next 2/3 years maybe not as a starter but someone who can pull a match around.

England played ok but they will be so much better with the return of Hargreaves and what then with Gerrard.