Cornwall Football Forum

Truro v Yate

Guest blue203

Steady on Dan -

I don't think the prediction you made was on this Forum - but I did see it..!!

We have got to get to the Southern Premier first....

I am often accused of being over-cautious - but after seeing Citys performance today against Yate then I can certainly see where you are coming from. I certainly don't think we have to fear anyone we might meet in the next round of the FA Cup.

I made the prediction on the TCFC fans forum. I quoted Dave Leonard, who at the beginning of the Western Prem said, "The days of six or seven nil wins are gone." I said that they are far from gone and was proved right against Hayes. I think our only real challenge will come from Totton who are also looking strong this season. I watched a few Conference games last season and believe that our midfield can match most at that level.

BigG, in the next round the Conference North and South teams enter the draw even though the draw is regionalised between the North and South clubs, City could end up with one of them however, like you I am optimistic that Truro will have a good run and with the right draws reach the First Round Proper.

Word of Warning:-

A village near me Chalfont St Peter beat Southern League Premier side Gloucester City 5-3 today, that has to be one of the major shocks of this years competition, there are no easy games, they all have to be won, if they were there wouldn't be any rich bookies.

How come Yate Town are in a league above Truro? Have I got that right? Im sure i remember St Blazey beating them in the F.A Cup some years ago. And they wernt as high up the pyramid then.

As someone pointed out.....the diffference between the SWPL and even the league Truro are in now isnt much. Yes, you will always have the teams with more money and better players but the rest making up the league can be no better than the top teams in the SWPL. Its all down to location and money. Until another Heany comes along, we wont see another SW team go for it.

I firmly believe, the St Blazey side of a few years ago would have done well, if not won the league Truro are in now. We won at Paulton for example and played very well.

Howd I love to come into lots of money!! :blink:

Got to agree with you Paul -

I have said it on here before - the top teams in the SWP would certainly do very well in the Western Premier and probably also fare well in the Southern League.

It is Geography and the Travelling costs that are the crippling factor.

What I have also said before is that if a few would 'bite the bullet' and take promotion after winning the SWP then after a few years the emphasis could be switched from the Bristol/Somerset/Wiltshire area and start to become more far-Southwest focused - thereby reducing travelling and giving more revenue from local derbies etc.

Its just having the courage, ambition and of course the initial finances to take that step that has been holding some Clubs back.

Exactly Big G. Clubs just need to have a good plan for expenses in place before they take on such a venture. To think a division with the likes of St Blazey, Bodmin, Saltash, Penzance, Falmouth, Parkway, Bideford, Taunton, Paulton, Barnstaple would be very good for the area. Would add Truro but their to far ahead of the rest. One day maybe....one day!!