Cornwall Football Forum

Truro 2 Foxhole 4

Truro 2 Foxhole 4

Saturday 30th August 2008

A fantastic display by the Foxes, who opened in blistering style and may have been three up inside four minutes. Edwards cleared off the line after Butler had touched on Warne's corner while Capeling hooked a good chance against the bar before crossing for Nicholls to nod past Peters, but the goal was contentiously ruled offside. However, on seven minutes, Capeling scrambled home at the far post another corner from Warne, whose impressive delivery from set-pieces soon also had Peters stretching to tip over a free-kick and diving to his right to brilliantly deny Capeling. Rowe's goal-bound bullet header from Butler's corner then inadvertently struck Nicholls as Truro somehow reached the quarter hour only one behind.

The home team gradually improved, with Stamp escaping the clutches of the impressive Hobbs to force a save from Holland, and Edwards almost capitalised on a rare error by Friendship, but Foxhole, with the hard-working Bromley and Watson outstanding, always looked dangerous and Capeling doubled the lead on 27 with a picture header from Butler's outswinging corner. The only blemish on an otherwise perfect first half was the harsh booking of Prince for a tackle on McQuade.

City began the second period with far more purpose and, following Watson's caution for a foul on substitute Sims, the lively Cooper was tugged back outside the box by Rowe. Referee Allen nevertheless awarded a penalty and produced only a yellow for the Foxes captain, his fifth in four games. However, Stamp compounded his miserable afternoon by completely fluffing the spot-kick, his tame effort easily gathered by Holland.

On the hour, Warne over-hit a cross, which was returned by Watson for Bromley to force home at the near post. Five minutes later, Rowe tripped Eddy and Cooper despatched the penalty; at the ensuing kick-off, Capeling's attempt from the half-way line nearly caught out a hurriedly back stepping Peters. It was thrilling stuff in the blazing heat as Truro pushed forward relentlessly, Stamp extending Holland and Madge, Sims and van Evelingen all going uncomfortably close with headers, while the combative McQuade received a yellow card for a foul on Butler, enjoying his best game since his move from Biscovey.

The Foxes bravely weathered the aerial bombardment and broke away to make it 4-1 on 87 when Capeling, now operating as a lone striker, flicked on Adam Holland's long throw for Warne to ghost in behind a static defence to notch a deserved goal. At the death Stamp finally looked like a £10000 player, driving against the bar from 25 yards after a great turn, before Power turned in Cooper's low cross. But Foxhole hung on to clinch a famous victory their scintillating performance warranted.

Foxhole (4-4-2): Ryan Holland 8; Kyle Friendship 8 (sub. Matt May 6), Lewis Prince 8, Phil Hobbs 9, Mark Rowe 8; Andrew Butler 8 (sub. Adam Holland 6), Jason Warne 8, Adam Bromley 9, Tom Watson 8; Liam Nicholls 8 (sub. Jamie Bullock 6), Steve Capeling 8.

Truro (3-5-2): Jason Peters; Andy van Evelingen, Graeme Power, Adam Peters (sub. Craig Madge); Liam Eddy (sub. Matt McIlroy), Karl Baker, Martin Moon, Darren Edwards (sub. Josh Sims), Joe McQuade; Dean Stamp, Sam Cooper.

Referee: Mr Tony Allen (Bodmin) 8.

Great afternoon for the Foxes Darin, I don't think Truro realise what is required of them in this league. No team sheet handed in until 5 minutes before kick off, no drinks provided for ref and his assistants at half time and no hospitality for visiting committee members. Also official match balls lasted for about ten minutes then we seemed to play with any ball they could get there hands on.

This 'lack of match balls' problem could well have been avoided if Foxhole learnt to keep the ball on the deck, instead of hoofing it out of the ground at every given oppurtunity. :thumbsup:

And the lack of hospitality could be down to the fact that there was this big FA Cup game going on 11 miles from Truro in which all the club officials were at!

Am also unaware of any hospitality made available to our committee members at both Wendron and Dobwalls in the past few weeks. No offence to Wendron or Dobwalls intended just a statement that we had not received any as I am aware and I'm sure if we did know about this situation that I'm sure we would not have dismissed it!

Yes we tend to get them away from home but I think that due to the importance of the 1st team game and the fact the 1st team aren't going to get another away game within this distance in a long time so they were more than likely just enjoying the change in scenery, although I am aware that most club officials go to ALL games!

Would like to correct you on your comment about Dobwalls Jasa - and can assure you that hospitality was in fact laid on for Truro City at the Highwayman Inn just round the corner from the ground but nobody from Truro turned up as far as I am aware - apparently being a bank holiday Saturday all the guys were in a hurry to leave and some were being driven around by their parents - I am sure we will avail ourselves of your hospitality if available on 8th October.

This 'lack of match balls' problem could well have been avoided if Foxhole learnt to keep the ball on the deck, instead of hoofing it out of the ground at every given oppurtunity. :thumbsup:

If i remember correctly your centre half put at least 2 into orbit with his cultured defending?????????

(the one that got subbed at half-time) :P