Cornwall Football Forum

Bring on the "White Tigers"

After beating Shaftesbury 4 - 2 in the FA Cup replay, Falmouth Town have a juicy home tie against Truro City.

Town's players are starting to gel together and believe in themselves so this could be an interesting tie. I guess nobody gives Falmouth any chance of winning, but you had better believe that Andy Bowker's team will not be going out there just to make up the numbers. So, how many of the neutrals in Cornwall will be going to Bickland Park on Saturday 30th August to see if there is to be another cup upset? If you have nothing on then Bickland Park will be the place to be. Do you want to say that I could not be bothered? See you there! :yahoo:

Saturday 18th.September 1971

F.A.Cup 1st. Qualifing Round

FALMOUTH TOWN 3 TRURO CITY 2 h/t 0-1 Attendance near 1000 at sun seared Bickland Park

FT-Kenny Grogan 65min;Richard Gray 76min;Norman Ashe 82min

TC-Len Ellery(2) 38min;56min:

FALMOUTH-Peter Neale;Richard Gray(player/manager);Dave Knapman;Keith Etheridge;Mervyn Rich;Keith Manley;Roger Thompson;Kenny Grogan;Johnny Bolton(Norman Ashe h/t);Dave Ewings;Colin Chegwyn:

TRURO-Trevor Salisbury;Terry Askey;L.Skilton ( Thomas87min);Johnny Wardle;Dave Williams;Alan Morris;Derek Hawke;Colin Fice; Len Ellery;A.Short;P.Ellacott:

Referee-Fred E.Davies Redruth;

Linesmen J.Colley (Penzance) and B.T.Deakin (Helston)

Every Town supporter roared the appearance at half time of Norman Ashe the Town skipper who was back after a 7 week injury lay off.

One of the Falmouth greats (in my opinion the best) Ashe(the blonde bomber) transformed this tie by the scruff of the neck to pull back a two goal deficit and then drive the wiinner into the roof of the net .

The match was covered by Westward Television

Falmouth extended their unbeaten run to 48 matches but failed at Bideford in the 2nd.Qual.Rd. by 1-3