Cornwall Football Forum

At the end of the day what ever the paper does report on this will have no effect on the running of the football club or players it attracts, Dave I think your well aware of my sources from the horses mouth so to speak so no need to expand on my comments other then to say I'm more then happy to stand by my comments.

I think your well aware of my sources from the horses mouth so to speak so no need to expand on my comments other then to say I'm more then happy

I expect the fans of the likes of Leeds, Bournemouth, Luton, Weymouth and many more than I probably know about, thought the same!

I stll think to say that you are happy that the ......

playing side of the club is secure for many years
, without seeing any hard facts and figures to back the statement up is very, very brave.

In twenty years or so, hopefully I will be able to admit to you that you were right all along! :mellow:

It is interesting to note there is no denial. That is the worrying part. Am I right in saying that the control of the club is in the hands of Mr Heaney and I think a holding company and not Cornish Homes. If this is the case and Cornish Homes does go belly up it should not affect Mr Heaney and Truro City FC. Unless of course Mr Heaney also goes belly up. We wait with baited breath.

just because his buisness has gone bust doesnt mean mr heaney is skint at all......i no many people whos buisnesses have gone into recivership...some people only do it so they dont lose any more money then they already have.

But......i no 5 different tradesman that worked for kevin heany and when his busy went bust he said he would pay the money he owes out of his own pocket to all of them......not one of those 5 companys have recived a penny yet so maybe he is out of pocket slightly :huh:

who knows????? :o

Guest Uncle Albert

Don't think anything has been confirmed yet. Just increasing speculation in Truro that Cornish Homes has gone bust.

Until there is confirmation from the business world, it remains speculation.

Guest Dermot

Is this a Football Forum or a Business Forum?

In my opinion it has bugger all to do with us what is going on with Mr Heaney`s business,and who he is or isnt paying,so lets just get on with some football posts about the good work the people (including Kevin Heaney) are doing at Truro City FC and lets just get the new Season under way and stop having a snipe at TCFC please. :angry2:

Guest Uncle Albert

I appreciate and understand your frustration, Dermot, but are you trying to say that nobody in the Cornish footballing world would be interested in knowing that Mr Heaney's Cornish Homes business was in trouble?

I sincerely hope the speculation proves wrong, and I hope Truro City continue to thrive, but I wouldn't want to stop the debate surrounding Truro and their ties with Cornish Homes.

In my opinion this is very much a football matter, and one worthy of mention and comment on this kind of forum. I'm sure it is the talk of the local business community too - but then again, business and sport are so intertwined these days that it's hard to tell the difference. Many football clubs are run by people who are putting money in from their own businesses.

Guest Uncle Albert

The voice of reason, as always mr mourinho. Just have a look at the number of views this topic has attracted in the last few hours.

No interest? Nobody's business? Nonsense.

From what I gather (and for those who are interested) I dont think there's anything new to say. So reports of the demise of Cornish Homes are premature.

My guess is that Mr Heaney and, therefore, Truro City, will survive.

I'm still at a loss to understand why people are so interested in spreading malicious rumours about the solvency of Cornish Homes, Kevin Heaney and Truro City FC.

I believe it's a case of jealousy towards the club and owners, after all, the support has shot up considerably within 4 years, and they've got the funds to bring any player they want to the club.

I think if there were any funding crisis, we'd have heard about it by now, so let sleeping dogs lie.

I don't think there is (or should be) one genuine Cornish Football Supporter who is remotely jealous of anything that happens at TC.

This might change slightly if TC can sustain any form of level (eight consecutive titles or the such like) but we'll see.

As it is, this is a valid thread concerning relevant issues of Cornish Football at this time.

Don't worry City Fan you're not being paranoid - we really do dislike you!! (joke :P )

:c:

I'm still at a loss to understand why people are so interested in spreading malicious rumours about the solvency of Cornish Homes, Kevin Heaney and Truro City FC.

I believe it's a case of jealousy towards the club and owners, after all, the support has shot up considerably within 4 years, and they've got the funds to bring any player they want to the club.

I think if there were any funding crisis, we'd have heard about it by now, so let sleeping dogs lie.

i like truro alot what im saying is not a rumur at all i wouldnt stir s**t the bloke ow alot of people money

The voice of reason, as always mr mourinho. Just have a look at the number of views this topic has attracted in the last few hours.

No interest? Nobody's business? Nonsense.

From what I gather (and for those who are interested) I dont think there's anything new to say. So reports of the demise of Cornish Homes are premature.

My guess is that Mr Heaney and, therefore, Truro City, will survive.

just 14 posts up to your post,yes everybody interested,what more crap from uncle albert,its still none of YOUR business. :angry2:

Ive also heard today that Cornish Homes has closed up.

And as someone who had another construction/building company go bust on my business last week, i sincerly hope not too many people get there fingers burnt, indeed Mr. Heaney has decided to let Cornish Homes join the construction scrapheap.

football and business are undeniably linked. As obviously, football is a business for thousands of people across the uk.

Guest Uncle Albert

I referred to VIEWS, not POSTS, Mr Mourinho. Do keep up.

Views now more than 1,700. No interest in this story at all . . . :P

Making loadsa money when the good times are here and not putting money aside for the bad times is a typical business ploy not to spend some of that money. Bit like the government really.

I hope all you Anti Truro rumour spreaders,have read the West Briton today.

Mr Heaney,has made it very clear what he is doing in the future concerning

Truro City Football Club.

Suppose that puts an end to this thread.

Will wait for the next batch of muck spreading,from the anti Truro brigade.

Thank you somersetspur -

For those wanting to read the full article - go to www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/sport and read the item headed 'I won't walk away'

This is great news for TCFC

There is also an interesting article on the tie-up between TCFC and Storm FC.

After 5 pre-season friendlies the City team are looking very, very good - some great new signings have blended in well with the team and I believe we could well be looking at another promotion season to come.

now am i right in sayin gretna did this... the club is safe etc etc etc it all comes out in the end.... lets just hope for the sake of cornish football and the community that truro are safe and that whatever the hell is goin on is just off field and doesnt affect the team and any dealings with the club or its ground.... so lets hope its another promotion for truro and a step closer 2 league football for truro... just one thing why o why did they link themselves with storm have they not seen them play yet not 1 player of storm could even get in the truro 3rd team lol .. :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::smiley20::thumbsup::yahoo: :yahoo: