Cornwall Football Forum

PSF Falmouth Town v Team Bath .THURSDAY 17th.July

Team Bath FC make their third Pre Season visit to Bickland Park on Thursday 7-30pm as newly promoted to the Football Conference (Blue Square) South League following their victorious play off final v Halesowen Town.

'The Crescents' as they are nicknamed were founded in 1999 as a club affiliated to the University of Bath and ground share with their rivals Bath City(also Conf.South) at Twerton Park.

A rapid climb up the Pyrimid began in the Western League Div1 becoming Champions 2000-01.

Western League Premier Champions 2002-03.

Finishing 6th. in the Southern League Div.1 SW in 2003-04 a reorganisation of Non League football promoted the club to the Premier Division of the Southern League.

For the past two seasons Team Bath have finished as runners up in the Southern League Premier.

They have twiced reached the First Round Proper of the FA Cup and have twice met Cornish opposition in the competition,winning 4-0 at Porthleven in 2003-04 and last season overcoming Bodmin Town 2-0 at home.

Previous results with Falmouth saw Team Bath victories of 2-0 in 2006 and 3-0 in 2007.

Additional Programme information for Postie Pidge or to whom it concerns.

Tonights result- Wendron United 0 Team Bath 3

A completely new look Falmouth Town will be on show v Team Bath tomorrow(Thursday) 7-30pm kick off.

I understand some ex Town players are among the new recruits-will have to wait and see unless any one can inform.

During the summer a hard band of willing volunteers have tidied up and freshened the 'OLD Wembley of the West' -Bickland Park.

On Saturday July 19th. Falmouth entertain SWPL(W) side Mousehole.

Falmouth Town 5 Team Bath 2 ht 3-1

scorers FT

Frazer Cadman 2m(H) from a great run and cross by Bobby Bryant

Mike Body 27m set up by Drummond

Sam Hunter 36m

Matt Drummond 2 (62m/85m)

TB

Josh LLewellyn 25m(H)

from a corner ?? 47m (How did you see this goal 'Pidge'?)

Falmouth were well drilled in their defending and were deadly on the counter attack-always looking to play the ball.

Two players who caught my eye were the commitment of centre back Dave Rawlings and the energy/tenacity of Frazer Cadman

Falmouth Town Team

- Chris Symons;Adam Trudgion;Tom Hunter;Damon Mulready(Capt);Dave Rawlings;Matt Moore;Sam Hunter;Frazer Cadman;Mike Body;Matt Drummond;Bobby Bryant; Subs used Steve Hawke(for Tom hunter 58m);Chris Peck(for Cadman 59m);Shaun Halford(for Moore 59m) not used Wayne Hewitt:

Team Bath-Jake Meredith;Matt Lock;Andy Caton;Dean Smith;Greg Lake;Sami El-Abd;Mike Perrett;Marc Canham;Josh LLewellyn;Sean Canham;Seamus Kellarguh;subs used Sean Berisia(for2 59m);Rob Hobbs(for 3 59m);Matt Thorne(for 9);Tom Pietroski(for 8 59m);Takumi Ake(for 10); Not used Chris Cogin

Mike Body played as a guest last night. I assume this was because Glen Squires and Andy Bowker were unavailable for the game. I would love to see him at falmouth but wish Mike Body well at St.Austell. But i am sure a player of his class would be welcome at Bickland Park.

It is early days. but the team didnt stop chasing the ball and were very dertermined. I do think it will take two to three seasons to rebuild a top team. And wish Andy Bowker all the best. Hopefully he will be there for many a season and bring some much needed statbility on the pitch!

Dave Rawlings caught my eye last night. And Fraizer in midfield was very confident on the ball. Upfront Matt Drummond looks very composed.

If i was a betting man i would put money on a top 10 finish which would be a brilliant first rebuilding season. However maybe a bit early to start predicting league places.

lets not forget that when the season gets going players will become available at other clubs. When they do not want to sit on the bench or may be unhappy.

I sense that the club have the right people in place on and off the pitch to bring the club forward now. I think statbility will soon follow. As a long time town supporter i feel very hopeful for the future! Well done to everyone involved at Falmouth Town! :c:

Its a real shame about Mike Body not being a Falmouth player. The season he had with us he was a class act. I hope you are right about stability because I feel the club really does need it. We seem to be hearing this at the start of every season. Lets hope it's right this season and that £4 is money well spent on a saturday afternoon