Cornwall Football Forum

Guest postman pat

well done plonker :D:c:

promotions and relegations are as follows.

div 1

portreath promoted to combo.

holmans 3rds,goonhavern res. relegated.

div2

st.buryan,four lanes,trispen res. promoted.

ludgvan res.,marazion blues. relegated.

div3

tms res.,chasewater res.,titans, crown inn glory,portreath res. promoted

newlyn n.a res.,madron res. re elected.

new teams welcomed into league.

cornwall college,trevenson res.,heamoor afc

this makes div 1& 2 16 teams and div3 15

Guest meady

Statement from Portreath Football Club

I would like to clarify that Portreath AFC has been refused Mining One status by the Committee due to a breach of rules in their last weekend of the season. However, our second team have been promoted to Mining Division Two. Therefore the Club now has a clear direction and the challenges ahead of them and would like to take this opportunity to invite any new or explayers to their training sessions on Thursday evenings at RAF Portreath to start at 6.30-7.00pm. I personally feel this is a good opportunity for young players that are looking to play higher level football in a few years to come to the Club to help to get the second team promoted to Mining One and the chance to look at the possibility of becoming a Combination League player in the near future. On the other side of the coin, it would be nice to see the older players come to the Club bringing their wealth of knowledge, contacts and experience and also to help the Club move forward and to set new targets for the future. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved with the Club for their loyalty and wish all the best to other teams for the new season. See you all soon.

if interest in Training contact me on 07977206791

As a member of staff at Cornwall College I would like to state that, although the college will have side using the facilities at the college for training and matches next season, they do not have a football team!

The team in question is called...... West Cornwall Football Club. I have just spoken to their director who could not make the meeeting last night.

div3

tms res.,chasewater res.,titans, crown inn glory,portreath res. promoted

newlyn n.a res.,madron res. re elected.

new teams welcomed into league.

cornwall college,trevenson res.,heamoor afc

this makes div 1& 2 16 teams and div3 15

Congratulations to the 3 sides admitted to Mining 3!

Who were the sides missing out on election please guys?

Hi Nige

They stated that the grass pitch on the middle of the campus which now has floodlights will be ready (according to the groundsman) for mid september and would be the preffered ground. However if the pitch is unplayable the G3 pitch is available if the away side agree.

I thought it was a pretty good pitch by all 3 teams and i think that the failure of the college to be elected at the FHFL AGM 3 weeks ago is the mining leagues gain as i think their facilities once they are up and running will be hard to better in the local camborne/redruth area.

The pitch in question is not the one by the main college building that Trevenson used, but the one that used to be the sloping pitch. It's on the drive as you enter from Trevenson moor, opposite Pool School. It's gonna be awesome by all accounts here at the college.

As stated the ATP is available otherwise an temporary alternative will be found for the teams that refuse to use the ATP.

The facilities are excellent.

yes you are correct soccer follower no one missed out there was even room for one more team and thats why div 3 has only 15 teams . not too happy with portreath not getting mining one because of a so called breach of a rule but will find out more at training tonight .

Thanks Nige, & Sammo for confirming only 3 sides applied!

Very suprising as at the previous AGM there were 5 sides who missed out, although Titans were admitted shortly after!

Congrats to Plonker on the award :clapper: , any other goss on Referees, I assume Alan Wallace was at the meeting?

Guest postman pat

alan wallace was not at the meeting because the county had arranged a meeting with all the cornish leagues??? even though (according to the mining league)they knew it was the mining leagues agm <_<

What a result for the titans on wednesday, over the moon to be going up into mining 2 its gonna be a great

season for us boys look out TMS no9 !!!!!! WELL DONE TO ALL THE LADS. :drink::yahoo::thumbsup::smiley20:

glad you are :clapper:

got loads of new players playing for us now gonna go for the mining 2 and mining 1 league look forward to playing you again :)