Cornwall Football Forum

best pub side in newquay

traning starts this tue at porth beach some endurance work then calfs and ankles lots of beach head tennis and swimming afterwards we will work on ur fitness touch and get ready for the season 4 friendles sorted ,every one welcome we have a great first team and second 11 , every one welcome start 6 .30 and bring a towel . metts

as every year we always have managers sniffing around and its a great feeling to know that ur club is doing well and other managers look at ur players but we have kept all our players as we usually do and have looked at bringing a few in with more experence but untill we train and start the season its pointless brining any of these players to any ones attention, as always any newquay based manager or newquay afc give us the biggest complement by trying to sign our best players , phil, packo , dilly dave moor the list goes on but we look at it as a massive boost that were doing the right thing coaching etc and bringing the young players on and now were on the same playing field as penzance and newquay, so were looking forward to go better and move above newquay afc, the friendlys we have played against newqs, we have looked the better side so we now look forward to showing that form in the league fixtures, and we have had more than a few enquires from players at newquay to come and play for us but we as a club have to be carfull and not ruin all the good work we have put in at godolphin, players seem to come and go up there and thats not the way we coach or manage here, i know newquay have the greater history and were ( were) a great side but we are the most sucessfull senior club in newquay at the present time and we are determined to press that home this season and beond, all the players here wanted to start training 3 weeks ago so that says everything about the club derek, mick ect, a great club and excited to be on the same level as the other clubs in the aera, st austell ( with ur dad ) foxhall truro city, newquay, its all exciting times at the G , we will let you all know our starting squad on august 16 when the season starts , but dont expect any losses but expect a few new faces , alan metters,

I would also like to add that up until the last season when the league split, the Carlsberg South Western League was a lot higher standard than the East Cornwall and with the finances of the top clubs, Newquay had little chance of winning anything. It wasn't too long ago the 2nd won the league and evely cup double!! Does anyone have any results on the recent G v Newquay matches in which the G played better?

Good luck to all next season.

Guest ECPL Supporter

I'm sure Metts meant no disrespect to Newquay as they have a fantastic history, one which many clubs envy. But i do think on the current playing squads Godolphin will surprise a few people and be up there with the top sides. It will be difficult but it wouldn't surprise me if they challenged for honours