Cornwall Football Forum

Finally got clubs to reply to the LAST CHANCE request ..

16 teams applied now ..........will see how many return their Affilliation forms and entry fees by 15th June !!!!

Should be 2 x 8 Divs again ......... with Storm and Mullion the new teams in Div 2 taking places of Calenick and Oxford .

BUT UNTIL WE GET EVERYTHING RETURNED ..........NOTHING CONFIRMED !!!!!!!!!

You tell him Pidge.

About time St Darren got his arse in gear. Ha Ha Ha.

But he is right. Mullion is a long way to sit on the bench and get splinters!

Maybe if we see St Darren at training on a Mon night he can regain his place?

I know others are wanting a defensive / midfield role

The ball is in his court I reckon.

Anyway Mullion has a fine pitch compared to most Sunday league teams.

And their hospitality has always been great

I knew you would respond quickly!

I take that as a compliment mate. Cheers! Ha Ha Ha.

Got a defender and a midfielder interested in coming.

Both have been training recently.

Think we should have a good season ahead mate.

Be good to see you again at some time.

Even Hodgson made an appearance again yesterday!

Did hear something about Clipper Bar and Corn Exchange playing friendlies in preparation for a Sunday League campaign next season?

Obviously not, maybe they will attempt to join one of the Saturday Leagues instead?

Anyone in the know

I think the landlord of Clipper was due to manage the Storm Sunday side Nige, but then decided just to field a Clipper side anyway :wacko: Clipper played against Corn in a friendly a few weeks back and I did hear Corn had another friendly this week sometime?

But it appears there wont be a need for extra sides anyway, so its irrelevant I suppose? Providing the 16 sides return affiliation forms and fees :unsure:

Just a thought .........are Clipper and Corn registered with CCFA to play friendlies ??????

If not games are illegal and anyone who plays in them is asking for trouble !!!

Ive heard people talking about these so called freindlies, i think there just a group of mates getting together and having a eleven a-side kickaround rather then full-on matches. :c:

SO IS THAT NOT STILL AN ORGANISED GAME THEN ????

Well, yes, its an organised match but a match organised by a group of mates wanting to have a kickaround. From what i understand, they are not even properly assembled teams (no kits, no proper pitch etc) and they just get together and play on any pitch or park with goal-posts, something a lot of people do over the summer!

Im not sure why that would come under CCFA juristiction? :c:

Without wishing to get drawn into the intracacies of the topic (particularly Sunday football which I haven't played for around 6 or so years), I understand what Zebedee (boing!) is saying. However, I am also aware that one of the FA's statements under their Code of Conduct, is that "Football, at all levels, is a vital part of a community..." I would suggest that, if 11 football-enjoying people decided to play a game against another set of '11 football-enjoying people' the FA (and by default, CCFA) laws, rules, etc would find it difficult to prohibit such games.

I think the problem occurs if these sets of players call themselves a composite name, ie a club, and then as such would, I guess be bound by the regulations!!!!