Cornwall Football Forum

MINING LEAGUE PLAYERS OF THE YEAR

Embarrasing as it is, I don't remember too much about Gulval's awards evening.

All I can remember is for the 1st team: Liam Stevens (central defender) won an award for something, I think Ben Reeve (goalkeeper) may have won something and young Phil Harvey (annoying little shit in midfield that nobody likes playing against) got an engraved pint glass for making over 200 appearances.

For the Reserve Team: I think that Neil Simcox (big long haired striker) got atleast two awards with one being club top scorer and I don't have a bloody clue what else he won?. I think Rob Gall (goalkeeper) may have won something aswell but once again I'm not entirely sure?

Clubman of the year was won by COOPSIE (wonderfully gifted little git with two sweet feet) who was also given an engraved pint glass for making over 200 appearances for the club. I got a nice little trophy for the clubman of the year thing and apparantly I got a huge shield that will have my name engraved onto it and sit proudly on our club trophy shelf, but can I remember being given any of those things??? NO.

Another enjoyable season out of the way and now start to look forward to the new season and the new management team in place. Many players will be glad of the fresh start and the chance to impress their way into the mind of the new managers.

Then at the end of the season, I will take it a little easier on the :drink: and hopefully be able to tell you all what people really won. :c:

Embarrasing as it is, I don't remember too much about Gulval's awards evening.

More embarrasing if you do remember lol

you not fancy management coopsie :D:D:D

Wouldn't mind a crack at the old management game to be honest but unfortunately I was still working when the AGM was held on tuesday night, so I wasn't involved in any selection process. I don't think for a minute that my application would be seriously considered because of my unbelievable ability on the pitch :unsure: ..

Seriously though, the club would not even entertain the idea of me being one of the managers. I'm too much of an opinionated pr**k as it is and I'm only bloody vice captain for the reserves. Could you possibly imagine what they think I'd be like with a bit of power at my disposal.

Anyway, I'll have a busy summer of fitness and preparation and then hopefully the new manager of the 1st team will see what I can do to improve his team?. Afterall, their biggest problem is a complete lack of service to the front men, this is where I excel. ;)

Titans F C awards night last night at Camborne C C good night was had by all, and i think everyone will agree that it was a really good first season for us just keep your fingers crossed we go up.

MANAGERS PLAYER.... ANDY HEN

PLAYERS PLAYER....... ANDY HEN

TOP GOAL SCORER... PETER BARNES ( 28 )

CLUBMAN OF THE YEAR.. PAT TINDER

Well done everyone.

1st team Player of the Year Liam Stevens

Managers Player Carl Howard

Top Scorer Richard James

2nd Team Player of the Year Neil Simcox

Managers Player of the Year Rob Gall

Top Scorer Neil Sincox

Sportsman of the Year Stuart Cooper

Club Top Scorer Neil Sincox

200 + Games Phil Harvey and Stuart Cooper

Coopsie you should hold your head in shame!

1st Team

2007/08 Players Player - anthony Caddy

2007/08 Manager Player -Dan Taylor

2007/08 Golden Boot -Ryan'10 chairs' stephens

2nd Team

2007/08 Players Player -Graham Weir

2007/08 Manager Player - Liam Patterson :thumbsup:

2007/08 Golden Boot - Liam Patterson :yahoo:

mate thats s**t hot but im hoping to change my positition next year i miss far to many chance to be a good striker must have missed 3 open goals this year :( so will see what my manager ses who is online now maybe you could put your in put luffy :clapper:

1st team Player of the Year Liam Stevens

Managers Player Carl Howard

Top Scorer Richard James

2nd Team Player of the Year Neil Simcox

Managers Player of the Year Rob Gall

Top Scorer Neil Sincox

Sportsman of the Year Stuart Cooper

Club Top Scorer Neil Sincox

200 + Games Phil Harvey and Stuart Cooper

Coopsie you should hold your head in shame!

Sorry boss hog :( .. I think that the "clean beer" down at magpies sent my brain into toxic shock after drinking the beer that has flowed through the radioactive pipes of the cricket club? :D

Guest Luffy

mate thats s**t hot but im hoping to change my positition next year i miss far to many chance to be a good striker must have missed 3 open goals this year :( so will see what my manager ses who is online now maybe you could put your in put luffy :clapper:

Liam you do alot more than just score goals. You work hard for the team and the majority of strikers at this level will miss their fair share of opportunities. U have to believe in yourself and I know over the next few years U will grow into a decent striker/forward who will create many opportunities for others as well as scoring a fair few yourself.

I am looking forward to next year and with a good pre season and alot of hard work I expect you to be vying for top goalscorer and pushing for the first team.

You have the right attitude for a player, which makes my life alot easier when I am trying to teach a thing or two about the game to the younger lads, you are always eager to learn and listen. Dropping you into midfield may help build you strength and stamina but your best position is up front. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liam you do alot more than just score goals. You work hard for the team and the majority of strikers at this level will miss their fair share of opportunities. U have to believe in yourself and I know over the next few years U will grow into a decent striker/forward who will create many opportunities for others as well as scoring a fair few yourself.

I am looking forward to next year and with a good pre season and alot of hard work I expect you to be vying for top goalscorer and pushing for the first team.

You have the right attitude for a player, which makes my life alot easier when I am trying to teach a thing or two about the game to the younger lads, you are always eager to learn and listen. Dropping you into midfield may help build you strength and stamina but your best position is up front. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks for the big compliment :D i do try my hardest tio work so no1 can complain if i do miss sitter because more often then not if i dont score i will grab an assist which for me means just as much :thumbsup:

think all the lads are looking foward to training aswell should be abit better now the second team have a real manager :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest Luffy

You have the right attitude for a player, which makes my life alot easier when I am trying to teach a thing or two about the game to the younger lads, you are always eager to learn and listen. Dropping you into midfield may help build you strength and stamina but your best position is up front. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks for the big compliment :D i do try my hardest tio work so no1 can complain if i do miss sitter because more often then not if i dont score i will grab an assist which for me means just as much :thumbsup:

think all the lads are looking foward to training aswell should be abit better now the second team have a real manager :yahoo::yahoo:

Looking forward to taking the training - just in the midst of planning the campaign - will be harder in div 2 but I think we have the players to be able to cope with the next level

Portreath afc had there awards evening last night the list follows

1st team players player Brett Wasden

best newcomer baggie

young player kevin mitchell

most improved jo lawrence

managers player Darren Buckley

here we go..... Roger and vickie have both resigned we will miss them both roger a great motivator and a great man, vickie thanks for all your hardwork and dedication to portreath football club who is going to warm us down now.

shock to all players who never saw it coming.

see you all next year.

All i can say for now is that its for personnel reasons can't go in to it anymore than that, there is a possible manager lined up, but as all the players are in shock at the moment they don,t know what they are all doing next year watch this space and i will fill you in when i know more.

they where all going to stay with roger so now i don,t know i was off anyway as i do not want to play combo anymore. thanks soccer follower i was surprised to win this one as the whole team could have won it during a very successfull season.

Personal reasons Dave.....I think you know what he meant....But the way we found out turned the presentation evening into a bit of a farce & for me spoilt the night....

Well done TPno1 you deserved your award....I think I,like many,will let the dust settle & go from there.

I think you know what he meant

Thanks for making things clear, but if I had known, I wouldn't have asked the question. Just that obviously wanted to make it clear to everyone, as the former suggests possibly some sort of rift within the club! The matter is now clear to all us outsiders. :D

Portreath afc had there awards evening last night the list follows

1st team players player Brett Wasden :clapper:

best newcomer baggie :D

managers player Darren Buckley :clapper:

Well done lads, Its a shame the night was spoilt by that news, Not good at all and just as you have senior football coming your way.

Still im sure that they had there reasons which is nothing to do with anyone else and im also sure that portreath will recover and do well again next season.

All the best lads.

Well done to Darren, Baggie & bret all good quality players :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Baggie a newcomer though ha ha puts a smile on your face when you hear things like that, Newcomer my arsenal. :D

Storm FC 1st Team

Top Goals - Matt Thompson

Managers Player - Ben Widdershoven

Players Player - (Shared) Adam Solomon & Scott Thomas

Got too drunk to remember any more....

Some 2nd team awards were:

Players Player - Marcus Grasso (he also won another?)

Man of season (most m.o.m) - Mike Price

Young Player (U21) - Kieran Murrant

Storm FC Dallas Tour awards:

Player of Tour - Marcus Grasso

Dobhead of Tour - Scott Machin (lost his passport!)

A big thank you to all at the club, when it has been difficult to settle together, we came through strong at the end and are all looking forward to a strong season in 2008/09!

Ah, 2nd team Top Goals - Danny Wright (Cat)

1st team Young Player - Tom Bartlett

Plus...... Well done to all the guys who won awards at other clubs!