Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 24/05/08

Guest chacewater 7

ha ha i can safely say that being a chacewater player that there is no way we would give them a 1 goal lead let alone a 14 goal lead. all the chacewater players have worked hard this year and deserve 2 be where we r. do u think athletic can make upthose goals in those 2 games shifty?

Guest chacewater 7

yeah but if they beat mawnan and beat us they still have the goal difference 2 make up dont they so would u say its game over or not mate?

Whilst it's 95% in the bag for Chacewater. It's worth bearing in mind that if Falmouth beat Mawnan and take it to a last game shootout, then the goal difference to be made up between the two sides is effectively halved as they are playing each other.

So if Falmouth can score another hefty win on Tuesday against Mawnan, and get the goal difference between the two sides down to say, 12, then Falmouth would actually have to win by 6 clear goals against Chacewater to level the goal differences up!! :wacko:

So like I say whilst a massive task, especially playing on successive evenings, it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

Whatever happens, a brilliant season and well played to all,

and remember........................

"It's a Funny Old Game!!!!" B)

i think it is probaly all over but it shows what a sham the stithians result against chace was. i was told by someone at stithians that they didnt give a s**t about the game. so spenny must of been a hard night for your lot , at least lizard tried . and without that extra 14 goals maybe wed night would of been alot more interesting thats if fal beat mawnan on tues. another massive joke being made to play 2 nights on the trot. did mawnan forget they had arranged to play fal on the saturday? :glare:

Guest Spenny

Falmouth... sounds like Lizard had the same sort of side out that Stithians.... dont know how anyone can say one s diferent to the other

Guest stealth

i think it is probaly all over but it shows what a sham the stithians result against chace was. i was told by someone at stithians that they didnt give a s**t about the game. so spenny must of been a hard night for your lot , at least lizard tried . and without that extra 14 goals maybe wed night would of been alot more interesting thats if fal beat mawnan on tues. another massive joke being made to play 2 nights on the trot. did mawnan forget they had arranged to play fal on the saturday? :glare:

FALMOUTH , YOU KW WOT IVE NEVER KNOWN A TEAM LIKE FAL ATHLECTIC TO MOAN SO MUCH ABOUT HOW TEAMS DIDNT TRY AND TEAMS PLAYIN 1ST TEAMERS WAKE UP AND REALISE MOUSEHOLE AFC IS A CLUB SO IF THEY HAD 5 TEAMS THEY ALL PLAY 4 ONE CLUB, FAL ATHLETIC ARE A CLUB WITH 2 TEAMS SO UR 1ST TEAM PLAYERS CAN PLAY FOR THE 2NDS AND VICE VERSA, MOUSEHOLE USED PLAYERS FROM WITHIN THE CLUB NOT LIKE ATHLETIC WHO BROUGHT ONE IN FROM PORTHLEVEN AND PENRYN I THINK. ATHLETIC WATCHED US AGAINST FAL ALBION AND WERE GIVIN THE SHIT WOT THEY WERE GOIN 2 RUN RINGS AROUND OUR BK 4, ITS OK SAYIN THESE THINGS , BUT YOU MUST HAVE 4GOT A THING OR 2 LIKE BACKING IT UP BECAUSE I DO BELIEVE WE TURNED YOU OVER 3-1 WITH A SLOW BK 4. WELL NEVER MIND 3RD PLACE IS BETTER THAN NOWT, :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja: :drink:

end of the day if you lot get top spot we will have to give you lot a bit of respect and try not 2 come across as bad losers..

would be nice to get same points as you at least,

though asking a bit much with 2games in 2 nights agaisnt the 2 other best sides.

wherever we finish its safe 2 say weve had a good season and we have cup to show for it.i think both us and yourselves have exceeded expectations whilst mawnan who were favourites havnt.looks like mikeys goals have won it for you so gotta take my hat off to him.

considering we dont even train i think weve done very well.

Guest Spenny

Whats training??? i cant remember that far back.....i agree playing mawnan tues and us wed is a bit of a p**s take...... esp as mawnan can still get runners up so wont take it lightly.

Guest mariner

Paul you must just be praying you start :lol:

Cant believe what they say they have been round the block a few times just have to concentrate on what we have to do maybe a bit of gamesmanship :o

Theres no point in blaming other teams results for falmouth maybe not winning the league. If they had beaten us when we played against them with 10 men instead of drawing then our heavy defeat to chacewater wouldnt have made any difference.

Guest mariner

Tito will not want to finish with a loss plus he is also fighting for another organisation where randy and big john maccarthr are involved in and pecker you have just gone up a notch in my book thought u was a bit of a k..b

Guest spurs03

fal ath has been told that they got to play 2 games in 2 days as I understand it ( because there is a chance of there being a play off ) wont happen. what would happen if the game is called off tomorrow because of a

waterlogged pitch.

Guest Spenny

Good point that spurs..... so if athletic do beat mawnan by an even number of goals... 2,4,6 etc and then beat us by whatever that leaves 5,6 or 7(coz each goal against chace would act as double) and the goal diff is the same, is ours the only league that has a play off instead of goals scored..... and how does that work??? is it a one off neutral ground or home and away..... however unlikely that sounds would still be good to know how it works.

I cant believe all you athletic boys are going to be happy playing a mawnan side that will be missing so many players......... dont you remember slagging stithians for the same thing against chace only last week!!

Guest stealth

end of the day if you lot get top spot we will have to give you lot a bit of respect and try not 2 come across as bad losers..

would be nice to get same points as you at least,

though asking a bit much with 2games in 2 nights agaisnt the 2 other best sides.

wherever we finish its safe 2 say weve had a good season and we have cup to show for it.i think both us and yourselves have exceeded expectations whilst mawnan who were favourites havnt.looks like mikeys goals have won it for you so gotta take my hat off to him.

considering we dont even train i think weve done very well.

speedy wot you said all but hits the nail on the head givin teams respect, with the stithians game they might not have had a full team out and with the score line reading 14-nil think anyone would think they didnt give a toss, bit like your result with lizard, but dont people realise that perhaps chacewater and fal athletic played that well so thats how teams tend to get these high scorin games( its not that the other team were poor there made to look poor) so cum wednesday nite wot eva the outcome i think a nice pint dwn the pub afterwards

Guest spurs03

whatever the outcome maybe, I hope that after the game on wednesday that both teams go down the pub after the match even if its for one pint ( driving ). and congratulate each other on a very good season. be a few more for chacewater ( pints ) on the night. good luck to all :clapper::clapper: :clapper:

Guest chacewater 7

If its anything like last game wont break a sweat 14 stone of idiot

14 stone of idiot huh? im going 2 make it my mission 2 make u look stupid on wednesday night1

Guest mariner

take him out and you finish with nothing our season has been a real team collective at the mo best defence in the league and goals shared all through the squad just gonna await the responses