Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL 1 RESULTS 12/5/08

FALMOUTH ALBION 1-2 ST AGNES

A tough game for Albion who had 9 players starting who started yesterdays cup final, followed by a few :drink: in celebration. Albion never really got into the game, with St Agnes dominating the play and deserving their win.

Mind you it did take a great finish fom yours truly :( to seal it for Aggie. Thought I'd better mention it before St Darren does it for me.

Any other games played tonight???

Guest andy goundry

FHFL 1

12/05/08

Falmouth Albion 1 St Agnes 2

St Agnes continued their recent good form with their 3rd straight win and now have one game left. On a warm evening at Dracaena Avenue it was a similar storey of missed opportunities. Paul Dabell hit a post and Paul Blake was denied by the bar. Greg Moulds had a header chalked off for straying offside, substitute Andy Dyer shot just over and Jimmy gizzard and Richie Horsewell also went close. Jack Belche was controlling the game at the heart of midfield and it was a challenge on him that conceded a crucial free kick. Up stepped the returning Darren Murrish to strike a stunning left foot shot into the top corner from 25 yards to give St Agnes a deserved lead. Albion battled hard though but sere in the main restricted to long range efforts.

Just before half time they broke down the left and how Aggie keeper Tom Morgan re adjusted himself mid air to push away a deflected effort all those watching will never know. For all St Agnes domination it could have been all square at the break.

The second half was a repeat of the first. St Agnes dominated and a Dyer break and cross saw the defender put the ball into his own net to extend the away sides lead.

A well taken Albion goal 5 minutes from time ensured what should never have been a nervous end for St Agnes who held out for another win.

St Agnes: Morgan, Campling, Moulds, Murrish, Dave Goundry, Belche, Horswell, Gizzard, Blake, Dabell, Hills. Subs; Dyer, Andy Goundry

Surprise to see Mousehole are winning nearly everygame now there first team season has finished ?? :P:P

y yes, at last i have a full team to use plus TWO 1st team players.....being a 2nd team u have to contend with a lot of changes in a season. i fact i haven't put the same side out two weeks running & used god knows how many players this season. some games we are strong, some we are weak but with all the 2nd's available plus couple of quality 1st team players.....it makes all the differance, just look at chasewater: rodney gregory & fal ath: hugh howlett.....it make all the differance to them too, well one of them :clapper:

Its that stage of the season when most of the teams bring in players from a higher level. Some from the same club/some not. Doesnt always do them good though does it - few of the top teams been slipping up recently despite bringing in players.

What do those players dropped feel about it??. They always seem to stay at the club despite losing their place for end of season big games/cup finals etc.

This is not aimed at any team in particular - just a general observation over many seasons playing.

Guest Roberts

St Aggy's Goal Freekick was a Peach!

only bettered by shifty's slotted finish...

INTO HIS OWN NET!

great save from the aggy keaper just before half time...

a few tough challenges and banter between joe benney (of albion) and the haribo bear (of st agnes)

overall a good game but you could tell albion had played a final the day before and had a heavy night on the champagne (courtesey of iamthebest)

FHFL 1 LEAGUE TABLE AFTER 12/5/08

Just 11 games left and 8 of them involve the three teams chasing the title so still a long way to go.

CHACEWATER V FALMOUTH ATHLETIC

CHACEWATER V STITHIANS

FALMOUTH ALBION V WENDRON 14 May

FALMOUTH ATHLETIC V HELSTON

FALMOUTH ATHLETIC V LIZARD

FALMOUTH ATHLETIC V MAWNAN

HAYLE V FALMOUTH ATHLETIC

HELSTON V FALMOUTH TOWN

MAWNAN V CHACEWATER

MOUSEHOLE V FALMOUTH ALBION 17 May

ST AGNES V MAWNAN 22 May

Ani ideas when these games are to be played?

St Aggy's Goal Freekick was a Peach!

only bettered by shifty's slotted finish...

INTO HIS OWN NET!

great save from the aggy keaper just before half time...

a few tough challenges and banter between joe benney (of albion) and the haribo bear (of st agnes)

overall a good game but you could tell albion had played a final the day before and had a heavy night on the champagne (courtesey of iamthebest)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: haribo bear, thats brilliant, I'll let Jack know you said that.

Joe is a good player, but he's got to learn how to tackle, you can't go into every tackle with this foot 2 feet off the floor, luckily for him and for us, he never caught anyone. Its always a great game playing against you lot, considering we've played you over 20 times in the last 5 years I think.

The save from Tom in our goal was superb, and nice to land on the desert beneath him as well!!

I can't see me hitting many more free kicks like that in the near future!!!

St Agnes are playing Mawnan at home on May 22nd

we only had 2 first team players who had to be reinstated, the others have not played 5 games 4 the first team so are still JUNIOR players & no rules have been broken!!!!!!!!! Jake,u & kev both no over the years i only use the 2 players when & if i can, so yeh moan about it....we nothing wrong my ****!!!!!!!

I am not questioning what you do sir but asking if you think it is wrong ?

Every club would do it if they could FACT!!!

Mousehole are a very good club who try to do things right. They run a number of teams including youth teams, and are benefiting from this by having a number of good young players who are striving to play the best standard of football they can. This means that at different times in the season they will be asked to play for which ever team requires them.

Guest mariner

That boring dik roberts is back YAWN and to top it off we have got to put up with rat saunders ass licking to every tom dik and harry :yahoo:

Guest Spenny

Read what?????? Sorry....im so slow i dont know what you're talking about......

mariner....thats not bushy is it....well...oh and Green+white, you will never guess who iamthebest is coz

he dont get on the pitch that often!!

spenny if you even dream of tackling me you best wake up and say sorry, for your knowledge young man i have played 3 games in last 7 days but when you get to my age injuries seem to hold you bk, but spenny dont get me wrong even if in crutches i wud out run you son :D

One other question for you to answer spenny how many trophies have you won this year ???? Just one word answer son