Cornwall Football Forum

Good morning after 5 years at Redruth Utd I regret to say this will be my last game at the club on Saturday. My reasons for leaving is out of my hands 4 weeks a go I was told that there was going to be a new 1st team manager and it was not going to be me. I was upset as I feel that i was the right man for the job , the reason I am leaving is the  conditions the committee set as a 2nd team manager . I feel as a manager I couldn’t work under the conditions, the afternoon before the biggest game against New Inn a committee member told me 4 hrs before kickoff that the committee had two choices to give me the 1st or have to let me go as Im not a second team manager I like to win ! The second team is there to feed the 1st team from last night the 1st team played 25 games the second team players have played 15 games of the 25 with 36 players go up to help out  in 15 games. 
But let’s get back to the second team when I took over the seconds they was 3 leagues below the 1st team now the seconds are no leagues below as this season we got promoted again, which means two senior sides at Redruth Utd   If we win Saturday at home to Penzance we will have the most wins most clean  sheets but will lose on goal difference.  I like to say a big well done to the second team squad on a really great season in representing Redruth Utd both sides. I am looking forward to a new challenge Thanks for some fun memories.  Second team manager James Isaacs

That’s what seasons are all about @James Isaacs
It’s about the long haul of a season, and team competing for the top spot. 
Excellent job, by You and Neal at Redruth. And it’s come down to no separation of points, but down to the longevity of GD 

You boys, picked up a victory or 2 more, and we at New Inn Only lost 1. But we drew a couple more. So points gained that way. 

Great achievements. And Well done on the season. 

Been a great competitive season. 

22 hours ago, James Isaacs said:

Good morning after 5 years at Redruth Utd I regret to say this will be my last game at the club on Saturday. My reasons for leaving is out of my hands 4 weeks a go I was told that there was going to be a new 1st team manager and it was not going to be me. I was upset as I feel that i was the right man for the job , the reason I am leaving is the  conditions the committee set as a 2nd team manager . I feel as a manager I couldn’t work under the conditions, the afternoon before the biggest game against New Inn a committee member told me 4 hrs before kickoff that the committee had two choices to give me the 1st or have to let me go as Im not a second team manager I like to win ! The second team is there to feed the 1st team from last night the 1st team played 25 games the second team players have played 15 games of the 25 with 36 players go up to help out  in 15 games. 
But let’s get back to the second team when I took over the seconds they was 3 leagues below the 1st team now the seconds are no leagues below as this season we got promoted again, which means two senior sides at Redruth Utd   If we win Saturday at home to Penzance we will have the most wins most clean  sheets but will lose on goal difference.  I like to say a big well done to the second team squad on a really great season in representing Redruth Utd both sides. I am looking forward to a new challenge Thanks for some fun memories.  Second team manager James Isaacs

James good luck with your next challenge it’s a shame a few more havent wished you well on here you have done a fantastic job at Utd & always had a competitive team there it’s a shame the 1 st team have not been as competitive as your side over the last few seasons maybe new managers will install a new fresh start for all concerned.

Needless to say James wherever you go you where your heart on your sleeve with plenty of passion & I for one wish you good luck a lot of local clubs could do with a fella like you .

Well done at Redruth Utd certainly a manager who will be leaving with his head held high 👏👏

James you are always welcome at Redruth United. Not privy to the selection but I believe that everyone at the club are great full for the great job you have done for our club. Good luck wherever you go, just not against Us. 

Sorry will not be there Saturday, my daughter is involved in 10 tors on Dartmoor. 

😎❤️🖤

On 09/05/2024 at 09:21, Martin Eddy said:

James you are always welcome at Redruth United. Not privy to the selection but I believe that everyone at the club are great full for the great job you have done for our club. Good luck wherever you go, just not against Us. 

Sorry will not be there Saturday, my daughter is involved in 10 tors on Dartmoor. 

😎❤️🖤

why didnt the committee offer the job to this man? proven record and weighed up against the terrible season your firsts have had surly a no brainer? or have they already agreed behind the scenes on someone else?

On 10/05/2024 at 11:01, Sijames said:

why didnt the committee offer the job to this man? proven record and weighed up against the terrible season your firsts have had surly a no brainer? or have they already agreed behind the scenes on someone else?

As I stated above,I was not privy to the selection, but there were interviews that took place,. The club was very lucky to not have to advertise outside of the club as there were strong candidates from within. Of course James thought he was the best man for the job, otherwise why would he have put himself forward. But in life we don't always get what we want.

I get on very well with James, and respect all he has done for the club and wish him well in his next adventure.That's all I will say.

Martin I had no interview with the committee and I was told over the phone by one of the committee members, That I was not going to be the 1st team manager .  And you are right mate you don’t always get what you want in life 

8 hours ago, James Isaacs said:

Martin I had no interview with the committee and I was told over the phone by one of the committee members, That I was not going to be the 1st team manager .  And you are right mate you don’t always get what you want in life 

sorry mate did not know the process just assumed.

On 12/05/2024 at 10:43, Martin Eddy said:

As I stated above,I was not privy to the selection, but there were interviews that took place,. The club was very lucky to not have to advertise outside of the club as there were strong candidates from within. Of course James thought he was the best man for the job, otherwise why would he have put himself forward. But in life we don't always get what we want.

I get on very well with James, and respect all he has done for the club and wish him well in his next adventure.That's all I will say.

you say the club was very lucky to not have to advertise outside of the club........ really? the firsts have had a terrible season, you'd thought that the committee would be looking elsewhere!

8 hours ago, Sijames said:

you say the club was very lucky to not have to advertise outside of the club........ really? the firsts have had a terrible season, you'd thought that the committee would be looking elsewhere!

No need the club had 3 good candidates of which James was one. On our Facebook page it has been announced that Nick Medlin is the new coach for our first team. An ex professional player who has lots of experience in dealing with young players, and with our growing youth section. That is the way forward for the club. Yes the first team have not had the best of times but behind that the club is flourishing, both on and off the pitch.