Cornwall Football Forum

Big friendly on Sunday

Guest Postie Pidge

i think our team is basically the same pidge.theres a few games on so its being picked from about 4 teams that aint got a fixture i believe.hope you whipper snappers aint too up for it!!?! remember we,re all over 40!! we dont want to put our hips out or anything!! see you there mate,i,ll try and sneek one past you!!!!?? :thumbsup::c: :drink:

hi mike,wouldnt bother marking me mate! i dont move more than about 10 yards!! even less than when you were doing all my running at the start of the season!!! see your banging a few in as well!!! never lose it bud.not sure i can play yet,dougie said the shirts are only xl.i need at least another x!!! see you sunday,go easy on us old boys,penlees a big old pitch for most of us!!!!! :thumbsup:

i think our team is basically the same pidge.theres a few games on so its being picked from about 4 teams that aint got a fixture i believe.hope you whipper snappers aint too up for it!!?! remember we,re all over 40!! we dont want to put our hips out or anything!! see you there mate,i,ll try and sneek one past you!!!!?? :thumbsup::c::drink:

Over 40s? Practically a youth team!

When are they going to sort out some proper veterans?

I remember marking Rappo when he was only Ra, he was playing for Probus on Sundays. No problem.

Rarely scored more than six.

I WISH I COULD COME OUT OF RETIRMENT FOR THIS,, I WOULD BE ABLE TO PLAY FOR BOTH SIDES ALSO!!! WELL I SAY PLAY I COULD TURN UP :o

RAPPO YOU ARE A CARD, YOU SAY YOU DONT MOVE MORE THAN 10 YARDS NOW.... I SAW YOU RUN AT FULL SPRINT TO THE BAR FOR A PINT THE OTHER DAY AND THAT WAS AT LEAST 30 YARDS :drink::drink:

I HOPE THIS GAME GOES WELL AND IF THERE ARE ANY IN THE FUTURE I MITE SEE IF MY BOOTS STILL FIT AND AV A GO FOR FUN. :yahoo:

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH SIDES... :clapper: :clapper:

Hiya Rappo. yeah we shall be keeping an eye on you Sunday.

Your still a player to watch closely.

Especially as now you are in your prime!

Yup I am getting afew on Saturdays. Managed two tonight.

But on a Sunday I tend to play at the back.

So go easy on us young uns! Ha Ha Ha

Just seened the squads for the game in the Westy and was wondering why so few teams have entered players for the Sunday League. Oxford are the only Div One team who have send players and just wanted to know why more clubs havent put their players forward? I know that TMS and Tremough have games on Sunday but what about the rest? :c:

Once again perhaps your question should be pointed towards Scott Behenna who has organised the team for this match .

Did he contact all the clubs ???

Did those clubs reply to him nominating players ??

Having had a poor response from SOME of the clubs at our own DIV 1 V DIV 2 REP match at Christmas it would not surprise me if the same has happened this time .

SOME clubs are only interested in themselves .........and give very little help when opportunities are given to them to promote their own club or the League in general .

BUT I DARE SAY THEY ARE THE FIRST TO MOAN !!!!!

Anyway good luck to those who are prepared to put themselves out to play on Sunday . :thumbsup:

CORNWALL VETS 4 V 1 NALDERS SELECT .

Guess who scored ALL the vets goals RAPPO 4 ....marked superbly by Mike Cudlipp ????

He won`t score past me !!! Correct scored past Pidge after he had waltzed past you :P:P:P:P

Good game played in the correct spirit by all concerned on the day ...........

...and Scottie you have been sacked .....losing to a bunch of old men , whatever next ??? :lol::lol: :lol:

I like the banter Zebedee. Nice one.

Rappo had a great game. 2 headers and 2 nice finishes.

Fair do to the guy he is class. Hats off to Mr Rapsey.

But to be honest the Sunday boys had their chances but perhaps finishing was the difference.

A lovely game of footy. Pity more Sunday teams did not support it.

Pidgeon in goal made a few good saves as did the Cornwall Vets keeper.

The Vets knocked the ball around decently. Though I think they were pushed at times.

I hope it becomes an annual fixture. I reckon we can do them next time. Ha Ha.

But thats what it is all about. Going out there and having fun and enjoying football.

Just hope Rappo makes a comment or two now.

Seriously.......the Sunday boys did themselves proud today. We look forward to the replay!

And cheers to the 3 officials for making it. Much appreciated.

If you looked up the word class in the dictionary, it would probably have a photo a Rappo next to it!

He's personified the word since he started for the famous Malabar side back in the day when he was just a teenager banging in 50 or 60 a season!

Awesome striker and a credit to himself and Cornish football.

Dont feel too despondent 'Pidge' on the four Rappo goals as looking on his CV he has put five past Kevin Miller in one match in the distant past.

For those not in the know Kevin Miller goalkeeper 628 League appearances for Exeter City.Birmingham City,Watford,Crystal Palace,Barnsley,Bristol Rovers,Derby County,Southampton and Torquay United.

Now at Bodmin Town previous to league career Falmouth Town and Newquay

hi mike,think you summed it up really well mate.you probably created as many chances as we did over the 90 minutes.i think if you played up front rather than at the back it might have been abit different though!??!! but a really nice day for all concerned,played in great spirit by both sides.i dont think there was a bad tackle in the game,well reffed by nigel as usual.a big thanks to everyone who makes games like these possible.dave and doug from the respective leagues etc, and great to play on penlee park again!(apart from big jim asking me if i ate all the pies every 10 minutes!!).enjoyed banging in afew goals for cornwall again,thought those days had gone!! thanks for the nice comments peck,twinkletoes and oldasitgets,much appreciated,im just happy to still be playing at 40!! and mike,i remember the 5 past kev for malabar v mawnan,lockhart cup final at penryn i think?one of those nights that was! what a keeper!!!!!!!!!! dont think i could stick 5 past him these days mate!!! :thumbsup::c:

p.s) pidge,the save you made off johnny mac at the start of the second half was superb!!! i turned away thinking it was in mate!!! :clapper: plus the one our keeper den made right on half time,what a reflex save!!! he does that every week mind!! guys like you make strikers lives a misery!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :c:

Totally agree with you Rappo. The game was played in the right spirit. Very few free kicks.

And I also thought Macca had scored. Awesome one handed diving save from Pidgeon.

So a huge thanks to the league for organising the fixture and Penzance FC for hosting it.

I am sure our manager Scott is up for a re-match!

Well done Rappo. As Mike said the way you guys passed the ball around was superb. Its the way football should be played at every level. Its good to watch and more enjoyable playing. Have to agree with you on Den's save before half-time. Save of the match !! sorry pidge