Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay vs Liskeard

Watched a very entertaining game at Mt Wise this afternoon .

Liskeard dominated the 1st half and missed so many chances they kicked off meaning business and where tearing Newquay apart and should of been 3 or 4 up in the 1st half but bad finishing and brilliant defending and goalkeeping from Brodie Cole in the Newquay goal i thought it was going to be a hammering with the amount of possesion Liskeard where having .

Liskeard lost there brilliant defender Dylan Peel after about 20mins with his hamstring but it didnt affect the play at all young Cal Merrin was having a brilliant goal and he is 1 to watch in the future so skillful and was tying my neighbour Josh Evans in knots .

HT 0-0 dont know how Liskeard didnt score in the 1st half they where missing severel players and striker Mike Smith out injured and Dan Jennings on the bench .

Liskeard continued to dominate and went 1-0 up with a brilliant goal from MOM Cal Merrin ,Newquay had a few shots but nothing really that troubled Liskeard Cory Harvey , but Newquay got a equaliser after a goalmouth scramble with Tom Moxham  getting the goal very unusual goal scorer . Liskeard brought on subs Dan Jennings and McCauley Thorpe and they still dominated Newquay .

I thought it was a very entertaining game and Liskeard thinking they threw away 2 points when they should of walked away with all 3 points ,St Austell must be favourites for promotion now but they will look back on this match and think how we didnt win . 

Lovely meeting up with people like Martin Gilbert and Jon Colenzo which was lovely and someone who knew i was 100%Cornish with the famous Smokie Dog .

Onto Mom The whole Newquay defence and especially goalie Brodie Cole ,and for Liskeard the exciting youngster Cal Merrin .

The ref and his assistants where excellent and controlled the game really well 

Hard luck

Liskeard you got it all to do to  stop St Austell winning Promotion now think you got St Dennis next if the pitch isnt to bad so im hoping if it is you come to Newquay and play at Godolphin Way then i can pop along to watch with these lighter evenings 

Well done the Mints for a hard fought point today 

On 13/04/2024 at 18:56, 100%cornish said:

Watched a very entertaining game at Mt Wise this afternoon .

Liskeard dominated the 1st half and missed so many chances they kicked off meaning business and where tearing Newquay apart and should of been 3 or 4 up in the 1st half but bad finishing and brilliant defending and goalkeeping from Brodie Cole in the Newquay goal i thought it was going to be a hammering with the amount of possesion Liskeard where having .

Liskeard lost there brilliant defender Dylan Peel after about 20mins with his hamstring but it didnt affect the play at all young Cal Merrin was having a brilliant goal and he is 1 to watch in the future so skillful and was tying my neighbour Josh Evans in knots .

HT 0-0 dont know how Liskeard didnt score in the 1st half they where missing severel players and striker Mike Smith out injured and Dan Jennings on the bench .

Liskeard continued to dominate and went 1-0 up with a brilliant goal from MOM Cal Merrin ,Newquay had a few shots but nothing really that troubled Liskeard Cory Harvey , but Newquay got a equaliser after a goalmouth scramble with Tom Moxham  getting the goal very unusual goal scorer . Liskeard brought on subs Dan Jennings and McCauley Thorpe and they still dominated Newquay .

I thought it was a very entertaining game and Liskeard thinking they threw away 2 points when they should of walked away with all 3 points ,St Austell must be favourites for promotion now but they will look back on this match and think how we didnt win . 

Lovely meeting up with people like Martin Gilbert and Jon Colenzo which was lovely and someone who knew i was 100%Cornish with the famous Smokie Dog .

Onto Mom The whole Newquay defence and especially goalie Brodie Cole ,and for Liskeard the exciting youngster Cal Merrin .

The ref and his assistants where excellent and controlled the game really well 

Hard luck

Liskeard you got it all to do to  stop St Austell winning Promotion now think you got St Dennis next if the pitch isnt to bad so im hoping if it is you come to Newquay and play at Godolphin Way then i can pop along to watch with these lighter evenings 

Well done the Mints for a hard fought point today 

Thanks for the report 100% Gutted. SWPL-W title is Snozzle's to lose now. Dobwalls away not an easy fixture next for St. Austell tho'.....  Heads up Blues!

19 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Thanks for the report 100% Gutted. SWPL-W title is Snozzle's to lose now. Dobwalls away not an easy fixture next for St. Austell tho'.....  Heads up Blues!

Not over yet for Liskeard, but 3 wins out the last 6 games on the home straight is not title winning form and it does feel a bit like the favourites have blown it. Same as you Both Sides, gutted. Most people (including myself) thought this was to be the Blues' season.

By contrast,  St Austell winning 5 from the last 6. The extra experience and league winning nous is telling when it matters.

If St Austell beat Dobwalls then you'd imagine the title is theirs. If they didn't though, I can't see Liskeard dropping points in any of their remaining games. No affiliation with either but I'd be disappointed if Liskeard didn't win it. A few of the St Austell squad won the league last year with Blazey and for whatever reason didn't stay there for the WL challenge. Would they then fancy it this year? Some of them like Carts, have been there and done it and others have been big fish in the SWL for some time. Would've been nice to see the likes of Gilbert, Jennings, etc ply their trade in the WL. But, until the fat lady sings...

4 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

If St Austell beat Dobwalls then you'd imagine the title is theirs. If they didn't though, I can't see Liskeard dropping points in any of their remaining games. No affiliation with either but I'd be disappointed if Liskeard didn't win it. A few of the St Austell squad won the league last year with Blazey and for whatever reason didn't stay there for the WL challenge. Would they then fancy it this year? Some of them like Carts, have been there and done it and others have been big fish in the SWL for some time. Would've been nice to see the likes of Gilbert, Jennings, etc ply their trade in the WL. But, until the fat lady sings...

It's not over yet. A little while ago it was Liskeard's to lose and they somehow managed it. Lol