Torquay United     0-1             Truro City

Welling United      0-1          Dartford

Weston-super-Mare           2-3           Weymouth

Worthing              3-0             Eastbourne Borough

Yeovil Town          4-1            Taunton Town

Yes..... get in! 

Torquay 0 Truro 1

Scorer Ben Adelsbury in the 1st half.

A few years ago on this Forum I said that one day Truro would beat Torquay in a competitive league match amand several people on here said I was delusional. Well I'm a happy Truro supporter now and that's 5 wins in the last 6. 😁😆😆

19 minutes ago, Graham Martin said:

Yes..... get in! 

Torquay 0 Truro 1

Scorer Ben Adelsbury in the 1st half.

A few years ago on this Forum I said that one day Truro would beat Torquay in a competitive league match amand several people on here said I was delusional. Well I'm a happy Truro supporter now and that's 5 wins in the last 6. 😁😆😆

Bet the Plainmoor natives are restless & throwing their toys out of the pram 🤣. Well done on on good result. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - BOXING DAY 26 December 2023
16 hours ago, Craze said:

The owners must be absolutely delighted with what they've seen so far.

Decent run of form since the new owners arrived, and it was announced that Paul Wotton and Tyler Harvey were handed new long term contracts and that the prospect of being in the new ground for 2024/25 looks pretty certain. Coincidence? Probably not.

8 point gap now between City and the bottom 4 (and a few games in hand on all of them), but still a lot of hard matches ahead this season. 24 fixtures in the last 18 weeks or so of the campaign, and the small matter of the condition of the Bolitho Park pitch to factor in as we head into the harsh months of January and February, means that staying up will be a big achievement. With new owners in place, and the purse strings possibly loosened slightly, would think that a couple of new faces are needed to reinforce and freshen up the squad and provide more options/cover.

On the subject of Torquay, amazed that Gary Johnson is still in the job. Reading their various fan postings on social media, unhappy is an understatement. If they do make a change, would Wotton be one of the names in the frame? Possibly one of the reasons why City were keen to get him tied down.

City were getting average crowds of 600 odd when they were last in National league south at Treyew Road. So if they’re still at that level next season and the interest a new ground will bring you can see that being bettered!? Think if the team are doing well you’ll get crowds nearer the 800-1000 mark depending on where other local teams ie Mousehole and Falmouth etc are playing on the same day. Reckon a decent midweek match against a Yeovil, Torquay, Bath etc could get a four figure Cornish crowd no problem 👍

19 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

City were getting average crowds of 600 odd when they were last in National league south at Treyew Road. So if they’re still at that level next season and the interest a new ground will bring you can see that being bettered!? Think if the team are doing well you’ll get crowds nearer the 800-1000 mark depending on where other local teams ie Mousehole and Falmouth etc are playing on the same day. Reckon a decent midweek match against a Yeovil, Torquay, Bath etc could get a four figure Cornish crowd no problem 👍

I'd like to think that with the new owners, new ground it's a positive outlook.

The way the Cornish Rebels are promoted locally, their gates are good, hopefully the owners will introduce a new generation and bring back some old to the new ground and hopefully flourish. Pick up the odd floating fan, but not to the detriment of any other teams locally.

Exciting times.